I'm out

Options
So,

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and because of a lot of different factors, I have decided to delete my MFP account.

I could give you many many reasons, but mainly it's because of 2.

the first reason being that I no longer use the site for dietary reasons, and haven't for quite some time, as I don't really need to log my calories anymore (It happens in my head now automatically) and I don't really check the boards very much. I was mainly, for the last 5 or 6 months logging on here to offer support and connect with people I have met on this site, recently those relationships have mainly died off and I feel more frustration then joy when logging in (those of you whom have been long time members will understand why).

The second reason is because amount of people on here looking for quick fixes on these board has gone way up, people are now more rarely looking for help getting their health back, but now looking to complain about life issues, and look for enablers to help them continue their struggle. This wasn't the case a year ago, I find it appaling and (sadly) indicitive of this country. I hope this is just a trend that stops but really I doubt it will. I believe this is because of the popularity of the site. It was, I imagine, inevitable that this would happen, none-the-less it doesn't suite my personality; therefore I choose to leave. I hope you all respect my judgement and don't resent me for it, but if you do, it's regrettable.

I'll leave with this note:
I wish you all the best of luck on you're journey, and will hope with all my might that you all continue to use common sense, will power, and good judgment in your healthy lifestyle choices!

best wishes,

-Banks1850

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    So,

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and because of a lot of different factors, I have decided to delete my MFP account.

I could give you many many reasons, but mainly it's because of 2.

the first reason being that I no longer use the site for dietary reasons, and haven't for quite some time, as I don't really need to log my calories anymore (It happens in my head now automatically) and I don't really check the boards very much. I was mainly, for the last 5 or 6 months logging on here to offer support and connect with people I have met on this site, recently those relationships have mainly died off and I feel more frustration then joy when logging in (those of you whom have been long time members will understand why).

The second reason is because amount of people on here looking for quick fixes on these board has gone way up, people are now more rarely looking for help getting their health back, but now looking to complain about life issues, and look for enablers to help them continue their struggle. This wasn't the case a year ago, I find it appaling and (sadly) indicitive of this country. I hope this is just a trend that stops but really I doubt it will. I believe this is because of the popularity of the site. It was, I imagine, inevitable that this would happen, none-the-less it doesn't suite my personality; therefore I choose to leave. I hope you all respect my judgement and don't resent me for it, but if you do, it's regrettable.

I'll leave with this note:
    I wish you all the best of luck on you're journey, and will hope with all my might that you all continue to use common sense, will power, and good judgment in your healthy lifestyle choices!

best wishes,

-Banks1850
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Goodbye Banks! You've always been an inspiration and a great source of information to me. You will be sorely missed. I understand your reasons for leaving and wish you all the best in your journey!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Oh, banks. I'm sorry to see you go. But I hear you. Everyday it's the exact same questions over and over and over.

I wish you luck in your life.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help you've given, Banks! It's more appreciated than you will ever know. Good luck in all that you do.:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to see you go, Banks. But, you have to do the mentaly healthy thing for you. I see a lot of the strong people leaving soon too......

:flowerforyou:

Best to you.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Banks, although I have not gotten to know you as a friend like others on here have, I must say that I will miss you. Your insight and education has brought more encouragement, support, and help than words can merely describe. I wish you and your wife the best of life, health, and love! Those who cross your future path will definitely be blessed, just as we have been here at MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Wow....Banks you will be missed :cry: :brokenheart: :sad: :sad: :sad: BUT I understand. It's definately not the same atmosphere. I, however, have not reached my goal so I continue to use the site. I still post now & then but have to watch my every step. It's not as open of an enviroment and doesn't feel like family anymore. :cry: :sad: Not placing judgment on anyone or saying I dont respect anyone's point of view. So please don't take it that way. I DO respect everyone here. It really just isn't the same happy place it used to be. And it is sad.
    And well, my mean bosses at work block all of the blogs and they even blocked the proxies...:grumble: :laugh: So I can't go anywhere else to chat....Oh well, I guess I'll continue to "earn" my paycheck...:laugh:

Anyhow, back to the point...Take care of yourself Banks. :flowerforyou:
    Oh! And thank you for all of your advise and support. It has been very helpful....:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Hope all goes well...

:smooched: :heart: {hugs}
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    What a bummer! You are one of the few people in here that actually knew what you were talking about! Your wisdom, intelligence, and friendship will be missed.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Take care.

Your contribution of common sense and actual facts will be missed.

*sigh*.:heart:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Banks....We will miss you.....your words of wizdom, the super 'O", the friendship. May your journey continue to be filled with life, laughter, and love!
    Ezzie
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Take care.

Your contribution of common sense and actual facts will be missed.

*sigh*.:heart:

I second this sentiment. Goodbye and good luck, Banks. Thanks for all you've done for us and thanks for all of the inspiration you've given to so many.
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are leaving:cry: I have been on this site since May and have always looked forward to your post. I noticed a lot of people that I use to enjoy reading have not been on for a long time I've missed them too. Well I am thankful for all the great advice you have given and have taken it to heart. God Bless you will certainly be missed:flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Good luck in all you do Banks, I do agree that the site has changed from when I first joined at the beginning of the year, but, that's a sign if the times.

I have met some great friends on here, the posts can get a bit repetative, but then, new people, new situations, but we all have the same path to walk - weight loss goals :drinker:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Banks,

I completely understand.
    if anyone has read the book by Atlas Shrugged, I feel like this is the exact same situation.
    The people with strength and willpower are disappearing and learning to cope on their own while more and more people keep asking the same questions and looking for people to pat them on the back when they fall rather than taking the advice and wisdom gained by those who have been there.
    Banks, youve worded this most eloquently, I appreciate the service you've provided so far and you will be missed.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    goodbye banks we will miss you!!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    This is sad...so incredibly sad...
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your help in the past Banks! Good luck to you.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey all...He's gone, tried to PM and his account is deleted....:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: