I'm out

Options

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I'm in total agreement for why Banks decided to leave. Even in June when I joined this site it was so positive and tight-knit and really family-like! But there really has been a flood of new members who aren't "buying in" like people used to, it seems, and there is so much more judgment and negativity. I guess that fact has been helpful to me personally because I don't waste a bunch of time on the message boards anymore, but how sad for the new-comers who would have benefited like I did when I showed up in June! It's not the same site from a community perspective. But, the actual tools are fabulous so it's great to have it.

Sorry to disagree but I still see a community that helps and that is willing to work things out. Besides, community is equal to the effort put into building it. I miss you on the boards, too, and hope you reconsider about time you might spend here "a waste"

I do agree that this place isn't the same light hearted fun place. You have to tip toe around and watch what you say. It's not not as open and warm and family-like as it once was. BUT I don't see it as a waste. As you said people are all still very supportive here. And the tools are wonderful. And I do respect that what I may see as funny may upset someone else. And I would never want to do that. But now it seems as though valued members of the community don't come around anymore. And that, is sad. It's just not the same without them. All of my friends that do not post on here are missed and I'm sure I'm not the only one that misses them. I'm not getting into if we should or shouldnt and who's right and who's wrong. That's not for me to decide. It's not my site. And the decision has been made. And I respect it and appreciate what this site has done for me. I am not bad mouthing it. And I better stop now. I've done well by staying out of it and I will continue to do so :bigsmile: :laugh: Out of respect for everyone here and for Mike for building such a wonderful site. Everyone here is wonderful. And yes it is still a supportive place. But the closeness we once had and the light hearted atmosphere we once had isn't there anymore. I'm sorry if anyone is upset by this opinion. But it is just that "my opinion" I love you all :smooched: :heart: and hugs all around :wink:

What I will say though is that the new members here are welcome and they have to learn just as we have. It takes time to "buy-in" Some will, some won't that's just how it goes. And I hate to say it but the positive/negative change here happened over a month ago. Time heals all wounds. Hopefully we can all move on....

Again...:drinker: to Banks....you will be missed and I wish you all of the best!! :smooched:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I'm in total agreement for why Banks decided to leave. Even in June when I joined this site it was so positive and tight-knit and really family-like! But there really has been a flood of new members who aren't "buying in" like people used to, it seems, and there is so much more judgment and negativity. I guess that fact has been helpful to me personally because I don't waste a bunch of time on the message boards anymore, but how sad for the new-comers who would have benefited like I did when I showed up in June! It's not the same site from a community perspective. But, the actual tools are fabulous so it's great to have it.

Sorry to disagree but I still see a community that helps and that is willing to work things out. Besides, community is equal to the effort put into building it. I miss you on the boards, too, and hope you reconsider about time you might spend here "a waste"

I do agree that this place isn't the same light hearted fun place. You have to tip toe around and watch what you say. It's not not as open and warm and family-like as it once was. BUT I don't see it as a waste. As you said people are all still very supportive here. And the tools are wonderful. And I do respect that what I may see as funny may upset someone else. And I would never want to do that. But now it seems as though valued members of the community don't come around anymore. And that, is sad. It's just not the same without them. All of my friends that do not post on here are missed and I'm sure I'm not the only one that misses them. I'm not getting into if we should or shouldnt and who's right and who's wrong. That's not for me to decide. It's not my site. And the decision has been made. And I respect it and appreciate what this site has done for me. I am not bad mouthing it. And I better stop now. I've done well by staying out of it and I will continue to do so :bigsmile: :laugh: Out of respect for everyone here and for Mike for building such a wonderful site. Everyone here is wonderful. And yes it is still a supportive place. But the closeness we once had and the light hearted atmosphere we once had isn't there anymore. I'm sorry if anyone is upset by this opinion. But it is just that "my opinion" I love you all :smooched: :heart: and hugs all around :wink:

What I will say though is that the new members here are welcome and they have to learn just as we have. It takes time to "buy-in" Some will, some won't that's just how it goes. And I hate to say it but the positive/negative change here happened over a month ago. Time heals all wounds. Hopefully we can all move on....

Again...:drinker: to Banks....you will be missed and I wish you all of the best!! :smooched:

I agree! I miss the wonderful advice that came from the people who have used this site to its fullest! Banks...you will be missed. I hope you and others have a change of heart in the future! Good luck on the next chapter in your life!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry:

SO sorry to see you go Banks!! Maybe he will miss us so much he will be back {wishful thinking}

Good luck & we will miss you!

~ Leontine
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Based on when this website was created (when Mike joined in 2005), I can almost bet that the quality of the site, as with anything, is cyclical. I think people had more time to post over the summer as that is when I joined (June) and have noticed that those who have been here longer have been posting less (since September). Good posters will come and go. New people will find the site and be an inspiration all over again. I'm not holding my breath for that since whomever has been here since I joined in June has done it for me...kept me motivated, etc. So thanks to all of you regardless if your an MFP star or not, you matter and you've helped me immensely....in terms of advice, we're on the internet! Advice to the left, advice to the right!!!!! If there's an answer, by golly we'll find it somewhere!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I agree. Everything is a pendulum, it will all swing back to the positive. :smile: I know I had more time to post and chat in the summer when I wasn't working. *sigh*. I miss the summer.....:laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Banks-
    I just want to say thank you for wonderful posts, honesty, kindness, laughs and much needed computer help. I wish you all the best with you baseball, corgis, wife and new home. You are a great guy and a great friend.
    I will never forget the chats and the laughs.
    You ROCK!!!!
    You will be missed.
    Renee
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Awe Banks, I JUST friended you and now you're leaving! Boo! :frown:
    I can understand why. Your posts will live on in infamy though hehe :happy:
  • abby1949
    Options
    Banks, You will be missed. You just gave me excellent advice which I will follow as I trust you!! I can understand your reasoning and respect your decision to leave. However, this site will not be the same without your help, knowledge and wisdom. You have taught me alot just from reading your responses to new and other members. I hope you visit now and again, we will always look for your name! I hope all the members out there who have lots of weight to loose to get healthier will heed your words and slow down and try to achieve a healthy lifestyle. Best of Luck in all your future endevours. So glad to have had you as a contact!
    Take Care!
    Cheers!
    Abby
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Banks,

I completely understand.
    if anyone has read the book by Atlas Shrugged, I feel like this is the exact same situation.
    The people with strength and willpower are disappearing and learning to cope on their own while more and more people keep asking the same questions and looking for people to pat them on the back when they fall rather than taking the advice and wisdom gained by those who have been there.
    Banks, youve worded this most eloquently, I appreciate the service you've provided so far and you will be missed.
    Totally agree, that's why I haven't been posting, just using the counters :cry: I know it's abuse, but a person does get tired of people asking the same questions and looking for people to pat them on the back when they fall rather than taking the advice and wisdom gained by those who have been there. Like I said, TOTALLY AGREE!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I just have to say...
    I am soooo glad some of my favorite examples have stuck around or came back!
    I don't know what I would do without seeing Tam and Jasi's recipe posts! :cry:
    Banks(that's all I can remember you by :laugh: ) has been AWESOME to have around again with insight and advice. Song... great stuff.... all the time.
    Also, tons of others! Some of you are rather perky...:laugh: Which is good cause I am not, so it makes me smile.

Also, I know who to go ask when I am struggling to figure things out cause they've been there done that! Even though everyone is different they help me look at things differently and tweak some things... if that doesn't work... we start over!

If I could I would give you all a big squeeze... this will have to work. :smooched:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The troublemaker in me wants to say those who are not part of the solution are part of the problem...

but the other part of me wants to say that you will be missed. I loved reading your comments/posts. It's really sad that you came back just to leave again. I don't know what this place used to be like, but I do know that I enjoy it here.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Um, this is from October. I'm not leaving again. :huh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

good..I was getting more confused than normal
    Dave
  • nickybr38
    Options

HEE. DAMN OLD THREADS!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

HEE. DAMN OLD THREADS!

I had to check the date too when I saw it pop up again.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

That's what you think! th_muahaha.gif
  • nickybr38
    Options

HEE. DAMN OLD THREADS!

I had to check the date too when I saw it pop up again.

I'm confused! Why DID it pop up again? How far back WAS this post? Ha-ha!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Talk about a blast from the past!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    D'OH! Should have looked at the 'original' post date:laugh: :noway:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options