BANKS!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Banks leaving is not just "one person" leaving. He has been instrumental in the success of so many of us on here. It is a sad day that does deserve some attention to it.
    Yes, MFP will go on, people will still reach goals but a valuable asset we had in reaching those goals is not going to be there.
    I can cry if I want to.

Very well said. Ditto!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I agree with Natasha . Banks has put a lot of his own valued time into this site and into educating people on what to do to help themselves succeed at being healthier. He didn't have to do that and I am sure the time spent writing up lengthy posts could have been spent doing something for himself.
    So, for him to feel the need to leave is truly a sad day for MFP. Yes, the site will continue and hopefully people will continue to learn how to be healthier but to just brush off his leaving like it is nothing is really offensive. And I am sure it is only proving his point more.

I am lucky enough to have him as a friend on Facebook, so at least I won't completely miss out.

Ditto too (except the fb part :ohwell: )!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    ...Max,Max, Max........:noway:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Banks leaving is not just "one person" leaving. He has been instrumental in the success of so many of us on here. It is a sad day that does deserve some attention to it.
    Yes, MFP will go on, people will still reach goals but a valuable asset we had in reaching those goals is not going to be there.
    I can cry if I want to.

Very well said. Ditto!! :flowerforyou:

Agreed. Everytime I wrote a reply, I would have him in mind. And now a few other intellegent individuals. But I loved the way he worded things. He was never mean. :flowerforyou:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Banks was here
    Banks is gone
    Those who liked him, liked him well
    Those who dont can go to.......

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Banks was here
    Banks is gone

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Starbucks???? :wink:
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I found a fridge on sale, stainless steel...
  • emibmas
    Options

Oh sorry, wrong post:ohwell:
  • emibmas
    Options

Ice and water in the door?

Of coarse!
  • Fab140
    Options

Agreed. Everytime I wrote a reply, I would have him in mind. And now a few other intellegent individuals.

You mean me, right?

uhhhh.........sure.......:ohwell:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I never intended any remarks to be sounding as if I was "brushing" off Banks or to be offensive. I simply pointed out he is one person. There are many on here who have helped and continue to help--You, Tam, give great words for one. Songbrydsweet does, too. so does Healthier-Me, ViviaKay, lovelylady--there's just too many to name on here who help. And, I don't think I told anyone how they "should feel." If my attempts to cheer up some were taken that way, I apologize. I was attempting to help some not hurt anyone.
  • Fab140
    Options
    Banks was here
    Banks is gone

Here Here!!!:bigsmile:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, Banks was more than just one person here.
    He was a wealth of knowledge and brought more to the table than support and pick-me-ups.
    Which really, this place should offer support, but constructive support.
    Its not okay to lapse, yes it happens and we move on, but its not okay.
    Im not going to dare try and think what banks does, but I for one don't like seeing the
    "I ate a full restaurant full of food, what do i do?" posts.
    Pick yourself up, DONT do it again and exercise hard.
    Its nothing to do with self hate.
    Its that there are people that refuse to learn. People who are content with continuously relapsing because they like where they are, but want to put up the facade of progress.
    Im sorry if this isnt supportive, but it needs to be address.
    I think EVERY new person on here should just read banks' posts before EVER posting.
    In fact, any minor research on google will answer most questions.
    No, starving yourself after youve eaten too much is not the answer, OBVIOUSLY.
    You need to create consistency, not this binge and purge mentality.
    You DO need to eat your exercise calories, it is pointed out as you create your profile that an amount is already taken out for you to lose weight, at your specific pace.
    There are people who dont read these things, arent committed, looking to lose 10 pounds in 2 days etc. that just destroy the basis of what this site is about, healthy, committed weightloss/maintenance for life.
    Simple common sense is often lacking lately, and harsh words and resentment is held, and some people have taken it upon themselves to shun those who have disappeared due to this. Shame on those people who take it upon themselves to dictate their agenda onto unwilling people.
    I think for these and many other personal reasons, you have noticed a decline in comradery and togetherness in posts. So stop blaming others, stop "self hating", wipe the dust off if you fall down, and don't accept it, but strive to be a better, healthier person.
    "Stuff" happens, yes, but if you don't learn from it, you are destined to repeat it.
    This is a wordy post, and at times not very supportive, but its honest, respect that for what it is.

I still think this site is a great tool and Mike has done a great job. It has helped me a lot, and I have been the recipient of support myself. Many have binged or had a little too much cake on their birthday etc. But what is lacking is follow through. As banks said, and I agree, I feel this is indicative of the entire country.

However, I think the boards and such have turned into a broken record. Yes there are new people, but there is also a huge backlog of information here as well.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Very well put MJ!

The honesty is very refreshing.
  • Fab140
    Options
    In all seriousness, Banks was more than just one person here.
    He was a wealth of knowledge and brought more to the table than support and pick-me-ups.
    Which really, this place should offer support, but constructive support.
    Its not okay to lapse, yes it happens and we move on, but its not okay.
    Im not going to dare try and think what banks does, but I for one don't like seeing the
    "I ate a full restaurant full of food, what do i do?" posts.
    Pick yourself up, DONT do it again and exercise hard.
    Its nothing to do with self hate.
    Its that there are people that refuse to learn. People who are content with continuously relapsing because they like where they are, but want to put up the facade of progress.
    Im sorry if this isnt supportive, but it needs to be address.
    I think EVERY new person on here should just read banks' posts before EVER posting.
    In fact, any minor research on google will answer most questions.
    No, starving yourself after youve eaten too much is not the answer, OBVIOUSLY.
    You need to create consistency, not this binge and purge mentality.
    You DO need to eat your exercise calories, it is pointed out as you create your profile that an amount is already taken out for you to lose weight, at your specific pace.
    There are people who dont read these things, arent committed, looking to lose 10 pounds in 2 days etc. that just destroy the basis of what this site is about, healthy, committed weightloss/maintenance for life.
    Simple common sense is often lacking lately, and harsh words and resentment is held, and some people have taken it upon themselves to shun those who have disappeared due to this. Shame on those people who take it upon themselves to dictate their agenda onto unwilling people.
    I think for these and many other personal reasons, you have noticed a decline in comradery and togetherness in posts. So stop blaming others, stop "self hating", wipe the dust off if you fall down, and don't accept it, but strive to be a better, healthier person.
    "Stuff" happens, yes, but if you don't learn from it, you are destined to repeat it.
    This is a wordy post, and at times not very supportive, but its honest, respect that for what it is.

I still think this site is a great tool and Mike has done a great job. It has helped me a lot, and I have been the recipient of support myself. Many have binged or had a little too much cake on their birthday etc. But what is lacking is follow through. As banks said, and I agree, I feel this is indicative of the entire country.

However, I think the boards and such have turned into a broken record. Yes there are new people, but there is also a huge backlog of information here as well.

:drinker: Now that is what I have tried to say be hurt peoples feelings. Thank you for saying it without attacking. :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Options

Well, my feelings are hurt for not being listed above. :sad:

:flowerforyou: Hug!