Favorite cereal?

Options
I eat cereal almost everyday for breakfast as I have to have something quick or I skip breakfast before work. I also really like cereal. I always have. But I have found myself in a little bit of a cereal rut. I am heading to the grocery store later today and I need some inspiration. What is your favorite breakfast cereal? Why do you like it? Thanks.

Replies

• regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Used to be cheerios - now I'm addicted to Frosted Mini-Wheats. I also love oatmeal in the winter. I also eat cereal sometimes if I have calories I need to use.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    New Fiber 1 Shredded Wheat Brown Sugar Flavour is incredible!

My true love is All-Bran though, so tasty and turns to mush, sooo good, yea I'm weird ;)
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I like Kashi Autumn Wheat and Kashi honey toasted oat..yum
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I like mixing 1/2 cup of Fiber One Bran with 3/4 cup of Cocoa Puffs. I know it;s high in sugar, but I love sweet stuff! And the two seem to go well together
    Fiber One Honey Clusters (something like that) is also good
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Honey Nut Cheerrios or Honey Bunches of Oates....Good taste, without being too bland.
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like the FIBER ONE cereal (raisin and clusters)........it's pretty good plus all the fiber that's in there!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I love spoon sized shredded wheat as it has no junk in it (just one ingredient) and it's pretty low in calories. I add unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon and blueberries. Been eating that for several years now.
  • Lizshouse88
    Options
    I like the Great Value brand version of the special K "red berries"..... I love that stuff I could eat a whole box in one sitting!
  • Lizshouse88
    Options
    another one of my fav. is raisin bran. Both the special k type cereal and the raisin bran dont need any additional sugar to taste awesome!
  • fireyes
    fireyes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I looove rice crispies. A bowl of that crunchy goodness gets me filled up just enough so that I'm content but not weighed down. Every once in a while I'll go with Chex or Bran Flakes (not Raisin Bran, because I don't really like raisins and just flakes = fewer calories). I also sometimes go for cheerios.

These cereals used to be too bland for me, but now I drink almond milk, which adds a flavor of it's own that, I believe, really makes the cereal!
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just tried Kashi Go Lean Crunch, the Almond Flax one. I had it with Reduced Fat Vanilla Soymilk. It was very good and really filling!
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I also like Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal...the variety pack comes with banana bread, cinnamon, and maple and brown sugar. It is really good and is also filling
  • NiallWallace
    NiallWallace Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2 Weetabix with SS milk, always keeps me going longer than a large bowl of other stuff too.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    hot oat crumbly
  • angie_roo
    angie_roo Posts: 55
    Options
    Special K with strawberries and Honey Bunches of Oats are my current favourites.
  • Lizshouse88
    Options
    I also like Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal...the variety pack comes with banana bread, cinnamon, and maple and brown sugar. It is really good and is also filling

Ohhhh yummmm! The weight control stuff is awesome it fills you up SO fast and it lasts forever! I esp. love the maple/brown sugar
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    special k chocolatey drizzle, or banana nut crunch are my two new fav's....
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2 Weetabix with SS milk, always keeps me going longer than a large bowl of other stuff too.

I always ate Weetabix but switched to Oatabix a few months ago - It's great, I highly recommend it.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Homemade, grain free Paleo/Primal cereal which consists of almond slivers, pecans, unsweetened shredded coconut, cinnamon and either blueberries, red/black raspberries or strawberries covered in coconut milk. SO good...just had some to break an 18 hour fast.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Homemade, grain free Paleo/Primal cereal which consists of almond slivers, pecans, unsweetened shredded coconut, cinnamon and either blueberries, red/black raspberries or strawberries covered in coconut milk. SO good...just had some to break an 18 hour fast.

This sounds delicious! Must make for daughter. I quit eating cereals about 2 years ago except for oatmeal because gluten destroyed my gut. On March 21, I quit grains because they weren't working for me. If I could undo one food choice in my life, it would be to not have eaten gluten containing cereals/breads growing up. For me, they were a one-way ticket to morbid obesity.