The Diamond Challenge: Round 3 - Wk 2 (DITR)

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's Question of the day: What are your top 5 songs on your excercise playlist

Exercise Playlist:
    Sunday Morning-Maroon 5
    Back in the USSR- Beatles
    Dirty Little Secret-All American Rejects
    Friday I'm in Love-the Cure
    Rockstar-Nickelback

Top 5 Most Played:
    I'm Yours-Straight No Chaser
    The Wizard and I-Wicked
    Tainted Love-Straight No Chaser
    Summer Nights-Rascal Flats
    Goodnight and Thank You-Evita
  • CricketKate
    Options
    QOTD: Wednesday, June 29th

Do you ladies have any favorite workouts? A favorite routine, a favorite strength exercise, a favorite trail to walk? Is it based on how many calories you burn, how much fun it is, or how relaxing it is? Tell us about it!

I really like to use the elliptical, though I don't have one so I have to go to the gym and it is usually not worth the effort of taking my 4 kids to the gym. At home I have a love/hate relationship with my dreadmill. I also love to hate Jillian Michaels. I have donet he 30 Day Shred twice and am now doing her kettlebell workout. I really like it!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Peanut Butter is one of my major addictions, so I try to keep clear of it. I love peanut butter melted on whole wheat toast. I love peanut butter on ice cream!!!!!:love: I think that a peanut butter sandwich made with crunchy peanut butter and grape jam on soft white bread is about the highest form of earthly bliss that there :blushing: I haven't had that in a really long time. But I guess that I got off of the topic:blushing: I really like Skippy or Jiff!
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wed. QOTD ~ favorite workouts

I like to walk/jog (mostly walk at a quick pace with short bursts of jogging) outside when the weather is nice. When I have to exercise inside I like the elliptical, it is a great workout.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Do you ladies have any favorite workouts? A favorite routine, a favorite strength exercise, a favorite trail to walk? Is it based on how many calories you burn, how much fun it is, or how relaxing it is? Tell us about it!

My favorite workout is working out with my trainer but since I am saVing for my wedding, I haven't gotten more sessions. So right now my go to work out is Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I just feel so accomplished when I do it. It was hard at first, but now I do it cause it makes me feel good.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Do you mind me asking which park you go to?

I run at Central Park - it's less than 1/2 mile from my house!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

Hey, I love Jillian Michaels although currently I hate 30DS because I have stopped four days short of completing it (doh!). I also like her 'Banish fat, boost metabolism' DVD, which I am currently using mixed in with the turbo jam cardio workout.
    Mostly I walk with my little boy in a stroller or sling, he loves to be out in the countryside and it gives me the chance to do a little exercise without the need for childcare.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    What is pb? Ignorant British person here!

LOL, peanut butter

Thanks!! You guys have more than one type of peanut butter?!!!!!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I love Turbo Jam. Even though I haven't been able to do it in a month due to a pulled muscle. This is the one workout that doesn't feel like exercise to me. Just fun!!!
  • TwinMom12409
    Options

I am addicted to 30 Day Shred. It is so challenging and I love pushing myself and getting stronger everyday. I also like the C25K running plan. I am determined to become a runner.

As far as the PB question- I buy the store brand. Creamy.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Lately my favorite workout has been running. For a long time it was Jillian Michaels 30DS because she helped whip me into a semblance of physical shape. Now that I consider myself moderately fit I enjoy zoning out with a good run in the morning. I am especially lucky to have moved a block away from a wonderful trail along the river. I live in Philly, so trails along the river aren't exactly in abundance! I enjoy the scenic view and starting my day feeling so empowered.

I run each morning with the best workout partner ever... my yorkie :-) Meet Choo Choo!

5886088924_32ee452898.jpg
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Cute dog :)

My favorite workout - hmmm. Right now since I'm training for that 10 miler I will say running outdoors on a trail (not a road). We've got a network of trails that have a crushed gravel bed so it's pretty soft. I found an awesome website called walkjogrun.com and you can map your route and see exactly how long it is. Try it, you'll like it!

As for peanut butter - I like any and all, but prefer crunchy if given a choice. Very much like it in vanilla ice cream, on celery, mixed with honey (dip wheat thins in it), um, pretty much any way. On the spoon is ideal. And gotta say, thanks so much for giving me this PB craving now :sad:
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Lately my favorite workout has been running. For a long time it was Jillian Michaels 30DS because she helped whip me into a semblance of physical shape. Now that I consider myself moderately fit I enjoy zoning out with a good run in the morning. I am especially lucky to have moved a block away from a wonderful trail along the river. I live in Philly, so trails along the river aren't exactly in abundance! I enjoy the scenic view and starting my day feeling so empowered.

I run each morning with the best workout partner ever... my yorkie :-) Meet Choo Choo!

5886088924_32ee452898.jpg

Oh my I just go crazy for yorkies! I have one too. but he is not one to go with cause he stops every 2 seconds to pee even if nothing comes out. but I still love him to death.:)
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options

My favoriate workout is walking/ running in the country close to my apartment. I usually do it in the mornings and it is very relaxing and it makes me calm. It some what brings me into my own world and gets rid of all the stress from the days before :D
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Right now I pretty much just bike or walk. I have tried the Biggest Loser workout DVD, which I have to get back too. My mom bought me the 30ds for my 30th birthday......I just have to wait to start it until I get it from them since she forgot to bring it tonight :(

PB -Doesn't matter the brand, I do prefer chunky over creamy though!
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    MMMMM PEANUT BUTTER (in my cookie monster voice). GIMME GIMME GIMME. MMMMMMMMMMMMM I love Jif!

My favorite workout is when I go to the gym in my hoodie and sweat pants. Do about 15 minutes of cardio, then I circuit train for an hour, or until my clothes are soak and wet, or I am exhausted. Which ever comes first. I also love doing Turbo Fire workouts. They are fast and intense. Very productful.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

My favorite work out is anything that gets my heart rate over 150. I see alot of us all have this one in common, the 30 DS with Jillian Michaels. I love Jillian she really pushes you to the next level. I enjoy indoor cycling and the elliptical machine. I love to burn calories and have fun so I enjoy my workouts and still get a benefit from it.

I love pb too and prefers it crunchy. I love crunchy foods so I can eat peanut butter on anything. It is just like icing on a cake to me. I love all you Diamonds and let's make the Dolls sit down!!!! Team Pink
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options

Mine had to be ZUMBA!!!! I just love it and my class and istructor is brilliant!! Burns so many calories, but you don't realise how hard your working because it's just so much fun!!!Anyone who hasn't yet really needs to try it out!

Lisa
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Hey, I love Jillian Michaels although currently I hate 30DS because I have stopped four days short of completing it (doh!). I also like her 'Banish fat, boost metabolism' DVD, which I am currently using mixed in with the turbo jam cardio workout.
    Mostly I walk with my little boy in a stroller or sling, he loves to be out in the countryside and it gives me the chance to do a little exercise without the need for childcare.

I am just finishing the 30DS and I have enjoyed it...althought somedays I dread it! :) I am going to use it throughout July as well as trying the Banish fat, boost metabolism as well....

I also like the Walk at home series with Leslie sansone....the DVD I have is 5 miles, but you can choose how many miles you do - I like that flexibility.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Yes Latin heat n Hip hop workouts wow they are amazing just luv when Tue n Thurs comes i have those classes and Its also how much cal i burn

Kathy