What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• HazelAngelstar
    Options
    i have a banana first thing around 8.00am (i need to eat something with my medications); then later on in the morning i will have something else if im hungry; if not i just wait till lunch.
  • McFrench
    McFrench Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I usually eat on the go....I make a shake before leaving the house. 1 cup nonfat milk, 1 scoop muscle milk vanilla or chocolate protein, and a bunch of frozen fruit, or peanut butter and ice, sometimes I sneak in spinach (can't taste it!). There are a ton of ways to make a shake, but its over 30g protein, 250-300cals, not too much sugar (just from fruit).....AND keeps me full for several hours!!
  • gailzwailz
    Options
    I'm not a big egg-lover either. I often eat last night's left over protein while driving to work....could be grilled chicken breast, a slice of meatloaf, piece of grilled fish, or any protein that's "portable". If you sit down to eat breakfast, you have even more choices! Vegetarian pizza is also good! gailzwailz
  • EllieAmancy
    EllieAmancy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    -1 slice of whole wheat toast with pb and a half a banana on it

-2 slices of ham with 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese smeared on them. I like to roll them up :-). + some fresh fruit

-2 weetabix with fresh fruit

-a breakfast burrito made with 2 eggs and 2 TBSPs of salsa in a whole-wheat tortilla

-plain yogurt with fresh fruit and wheat germ
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    see my diary - I have a few staple breakfasts with some other random stuff mixed in. I try to eat about 300-325 calories each morning that are high in protein and fiber. I am picky with what i will eat because it has to keep me full for a good few hours.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Either mixed fresh fruit , with non fat yoghurt on top or I will have a protein shake ( milk and a protein powder) with skim or soy milk. I actually tried a Jillian Micheal's chocolate one once that kept me full till lunch. If you like chocolate or vanilla and do not have time to go mixin berries and such into a blender they are a good substitution.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I usually have egg beaters with a whole bunch of sauteed vegies (onions, green peppers, mushrooms and lots of spinach) for breakfast but yesterday I had a carbmaster yougurt (60 cal) with 1/4th cup of low fat granola (100 cal) and about a cup of fresh strawberries and blueberries - I couldn't believe how long I stayed full and didn't think about food after that and it tasted good too!
  • charl100
    charl100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on toast followed by a banana is a good one, or chop the banana up onto the toast (dry) and drizzle a bit of honey on, the good stuff too!

I generally have a bowl of pickable fruit like grapes, blueberries and cherries and a glass of grapefruit juice, really becuase its just so easy!! but really if you wake up and feel like ham and cheese, rock it!