Whats on you menu for today?

Options
13»

Replies

• TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Pre/Post workout - cheesecake & ice cream :)
    f97dbdc4.jpg

a10f0990.jpg

I'm so green with envy.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - scrambled egg whites & quinoa porridge with hemp milk, cranberries, maple syrup and walnuts with coffee
    Lunch - Homemade spanakopita (spinach pie) with cucumber, tomato and red onion salad and red grapes
    Dinner - I'm going out for a 4 course vegan dinner so none of it will likely be logged appropriately
    AM Snack - Chobani Greek Yogurt (strawberry) and Kashi Go Lean cereal
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Breakfast: a scrambled egg, turkey sausage patties, sharp cheddar
    Snack: baby carrots with cinnamon
    Lunch #1: a cup of salmon, cooked spinach
    Lunch #2: sardines, chick peas (flavored with ham bouillon and pepper)
    Snack: Balance bar - yogurt honey peanut, blackberries
    Dinner: Chicken/veggies/vermicelli Lean Cuisine, ground turkey (maybe I'll make a naked burger)

Obviously high-protein right now...1354 calories, 117 g of protein

Feel free to friend me - I love suggestions for my food diary!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No protein? Are you vegetarian?

?? This is the second post I've seen asking this. Vegetarians do eat protein.
  • freakaleek1
    freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Everyone foods so yummy!!
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I also eat smaller meals throughout the day
    I always start with a cup of water with lemon
    green smoothie
    wheat crackers with red pepper hummus
    quinoa with rosemary potatoes/green beans/portabellas and chick peas
    a whole orange
    greek pita pizza (ww pita topped with olive oil, feta, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes
  • veggieladie
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 egg + 1 egg white olmette with salsa. 1 oz French bread and 1/2 cup steamed broccoli with olive oil. 2 tbsp heavy cream with coffee.

Snack: 1 cup strawberries and chobani strawberry yogurt.

Lunch: Can of light water packed tuna with mayo and mustard, onion and celery on pumpernickel with one slice of provolone.

Snack: 1 oz coacoa roast almonds and navel orange.

Dinner: Tilapia filet, 1cup asparagus with olive oil, 1/2 cup homemade garlic eggplant dip, 1 oz French bread.

Snack: Might have some air popped popcorn later.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Peanut Butter Fudge Zone Bar
    AM Snack - Nectarine and 2% Greek Yogurt with Honey
    Lunch - 1/2 Turkey Ruben and garden salad with 1 tbsp ranch dressing
    PM snack - little bit of canteloupe, 2 strawberries, little bit of pineapple with sour cream dip
    Dinner????
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Breakfast Cobbler from this recipe: http://ohsheglows.com/2010/08/28/will-run-for-breakfast-cobbler/ topped with 1/2 tbsp PB...yummy!
    Lunch- Dannon Light & Fit Pineapple Coconut Nonfat Yogurt, Special K Cracker Chips, 1/3 of an apple and .5oz cheddar cheese
    Snack- Terra Sweet Potato Chips (not the healthiest, but good)
    Dinner- Homemade Vegetarian Chilli with brown rice
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Cream of wheat with vanilla whey protein powder
    Lunch- Banana pancakes with a side of 3 egg whites and a slice of swiss cheese
    Snack- 24 Butter toffee natural almonds
    Snack- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    Dinner- Sweet potato and asparagus, carrots, zuccini steamed with olive oil

I know you arent asking for our input- But since you posted your food, be prepared that your gonna get alot of people saying the same thing about your diet.
    I agree- You need protein in your diet. This might work at first for you, but your gonna end up loosing all lean muscle mass. Its just not healthy to eat JUST fruits and vegtables. You need to add eggs, almonds, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or just plain ole' protein powder. You have basically NO protein or calcium and your body needs it.

I LOVE your menu!

xx
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Pre/Post workout - cheesecake & ice cream :)
    f97dbdc4.jpg

a10f0990.jpg

I'm so green with envy.

I swear I've put on weight just looking at these pics!!!

xx
  • MelissaS222
    Options
    Breakfast - Light 100 calorie english muffin with 1 teaspoon jelly, coffee with creamer, strawberries
    Snack - Banana
    Lunch - Lean Cuisine Thai chicken eggrolls (3), watermelon, sugar snap peas
    Snack - Weight Watchers chocolate pretzel bar
    Dinner - Homemade pulled pork, collard greens with vinegar, baked beans
    Dessert - Blueberries
  • jamie1488
    jamie1488 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- 3 egg whites scrambled with 1 cups fresh spinach and 2 mushrooms, topped with Hot Rotel
    snack- 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese and handful of rasberries
    lunch- 4oz grilled chicken breast, 1 c stir-fry veggies, 1 oz noodles, tossed together with 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
    snack- 1 weight watchers smoked cheese stick, cup of raw spinach, 2 cherry tomatoes
    dinner- 1 1/4 cup Jenny O/The Biggest Loser Black Bean Turkey Chili with small garden salad- 1 tbsp fat free vinagerette
    snack- 1 cup light icecream

TOTAL CALORIES FOR THE DAY... AROUND 1200
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm also surprised at no meat or dairy for you; Not even a hint of tofu! If it works and you're not hungry, you know your body. I too have to plan out to eat right. Breakfast week day mornings for me is a PB Zone bar and tea, lunch was low-fat cheese on lite wheat bread with lettuce & tomato salad and a side of watermelon. Snack was a small cinnamon sugar donut.. an extra treat. And dinner was beef tacos with fat-free sour cream, low-fat cheese, tomatoes and letuce. I'm making meat balls now for tomorow's dinner to have with whole wheat spaghetti.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Today breakfast was just a glass of chocolate soy milk. I probably should have had a snack because I'm SO hungry right now, but I didn't feel hungry until after 11:00 and since lunch is at noon it seemed silly to have a snack then (I could hear my mother telling my not to ruin my dinner LOL).

Lunch is leftover bulgar with white and red kidney beans.

Probably have some almonds and/or a Kaski granola bar around 4:00 to give a little energy for after work Zumba.

Not sure about dinner yet. I'm thinking maybe diced sweet potatoes sauted with onion and orange roughy.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Breakfast: Egg white, w/ laughing cow cheese, morningstar sausage, side of brown rice with almond milk and cinnamin *yum*
    Shake: Herbalife w/ instant coffee and almond milk
    morning snack : fruit and yogurt w/ a little kashi cereal to put on top
    lunch: typical salad w/ hard boiled egg and yogurt feta dressing
    afternoon snack: veggies and hummus
    dinner: I made like a sweet/ spicy thai(ish) curry dish... Rice, curry, mango, pineapple,red pepper, cayenne pepper, honey and some chicken *Excited*
    after bed snack: I will probobly make myself some almond milk ice cream.. woop woop :D (or maybe just a TB of dark chocolate chips)