WANGS :)

Options
For my fellow wing-lovers:

I'm having chicken wings tonight for dinner, per my Husband's request...and my personal addiction to them lol. I've already had some last week...in the "normal" way, so I decided to see the stats before I get all wing crazy again.

~Homemade - Fried Chicken Wing, 10 wings, meat and skin~

Calories- 1,030

Carbs- 8g

Protein- 84g

Fat- 71g

Sugar- 0g

Sodium- 250mg

*VERSUS*

~Chicken - Wing, meat only, cooked, fried, 10 wings, bone and skin removed~

Calories- 422

Carbs- 0g

Protein- 60g

Fat- 18g

Sugar- 0g

Sodium- 182mg

Totally removing the skin from them :) Also, for sauce, we use Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce which has no calories or fat, just sodium. Sometimes people get caught up by using butter & hot sauce to make a sauce, when this is such a friendlier alternative!

Here's the info on the sauce!

FRANK’S® REDHOT® BUFFALO WING SAUCE
Net Wt.: 12 FL.OZ. (354 mL)
Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 tbsp. (15 mL) Servings: 23
Calories: 0
Total Fat: 0g
Sodium: 460mg
Total Carb: 0

Replies

• WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    I don't eat wings at all, but I'm amazed at how much weight you've lost!!! Congratulations!!! How did you perservere through it all? What are some things you've learned? I'm so interested in your journey. Please share!
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    O how I love chicken wings! I think my favorite part may be the crispy skin, will have to try them naked.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I really want to eat this now! How do you make it?
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nice one! I LOVE wings! they are my biggest weakness.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i thought this thread was about something else.

*sulks*

:ohwell:
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I have a dirty mind, but wings were not what I thought you were talking about when I read the title! :blushing:
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wangs should not be fried. Wings? Yes, please.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was afraid I was the only one who assumed something else entirely when reading the title. Glad I wasn't! Oh, and wings are delish.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bwahahahahahaha:laugh: :devil:

My mind was also in the gutter...... Then again it never leaves...
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    I WORSHIP HOT WINGS! Thanks for the suggestions!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome. I like to cut chicken breast into small bit size pieces and fry them and they are easier to me than taking skin off of wings. I am going to look for the sauce you recommended. I usually use Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce it is tasty, but it does have butter in it I do believe.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Why bother? why dont you do this with chicken breast or legs? I wouldnt eat that right now but i dont like wasting and would totally eas your fried chicken wing skin.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Quick idea I heard from a coworker (have not tried it myself yet but do plan to) glazing the shicken with oil before throwing it to bake in the oven. Apparently it gives it that crispy taste and can imagine its lighter on the calories then you can just cover it with the sauce when you serve........
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    I had to run and check google to see these nutrition facts. I am amazed that it is 0 calories. Still don't quite get it, the number one ingredient is vinegar followed closely by canola oil....these two things have calories how can this sauce not?
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    i thought this thread was about something else.

*sulks*

:ohwell:

:laugh:
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    haha you said wang...ok that was the 12 yr old coming out of me....that is all.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce. I don't know how they make it taste buttery and still be fat free but God bless them for it.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wangs should not be fried. Wings? Yes, please.

LMAO. You guys are funny. I typed it how I say it...with pizazz :laugh:
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Why bother? why dont you do this with chicken breast or legs? I wouldnt eat that right now but i dont like wasting and would totally eas your fried chicken wing skin.

Do this already, but it has a different flavor. Taking off fat & skin doesn't qualify as "wasting" to me :)
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    I don't eat wings at all, but I'm amazed at how much weight you've lost!!! Congratulations!!! How did you perservere through it all? What are some things you've learned? I'm so interested in your journey. Please share!

Thank you!

It took me about 11mo., and I've been maintaining my goal weight for over a year now, so it can be done! To lose, I did a 1200cal diet (low carb- 35%, low fat 30%, low sugar, low sodium-1500mg, high protein- 35%). I exercised some (tae bo, swimming, sports), but my main focus was caloric intake! To maintain I consume between 1400-1700 daily, with the same macronutrient percentages :)