Does anyone else want to just say FORGET IT?

Options
I am 5'3" tall and weigh 145 lbs. I would ideally like to lose 20 lbs. However, it seems that it is so hard to get the weight to come off. I get so tired of counting everything that goes in mouth. I exercise 4 - 5 times each week, and I don't really mind that at all. I'm starting to enjoy it. Does anyone else want to just say, forget it? I'll be who I am, eat what I want, and exercise? I know this sounds terrible, but ...

Replies

• mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    I tried that and it comes back and bites on the bum.lol.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: that's exactly what I did when I was in my 40's and by the time I was 60 I weighed over 180........I guess it comes down to what is more important, the food you want right now or the slim body you want to spend your life in :bigsmile:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: that's exactly what I did when I was in my 40's and by the time I was 60 I weighed over 180........I guess it comes down to what is more important, the food you want right now or the slim body you want to spend your life in :bigsmile:

DITTO!!! 51 :bigsmile:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    YEP--lets see only about 10,00000000000000000 times a day--but then about that many plus 10 I want to be healthy and fit and not have to do this again--Hang in there it WILL be worth it-- I promise
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    ALL THE TIME! But then I put on my jeans which are almost 10sizes smaller and I remember why I diet and exercise everyday. Yes it is fustrating and extremely hard but when you put on the clothes and can actually walk into a store and be able to buy something from the store, well it's well worth it. Good luck!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I def. feel that way! I'm 5'8 have lost 20 pounds and now that I'm down to the last 10(which are dragging *kitten*!) I just want to switch to maintaining, since I don't look to horrible at 160. i know that when I do lose these last 10 pounds I'll be happy that I stuck it out.. but for right now, I just want to forget about it.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    been there & felt that way & then couldn't fit into my fav jeans & was reminded summer is coming & i want to look HOT! you can do it! i'm also 5'3 & HW/SW- 140 & i'm at 123 now, aiming to drop another 10 pounds. it's a slow process, but you can do it & you'll feel so much better doing it the healthy way than finding some pill or crash diet that won't last ♥
  • Rviernow
    Rviernow Posts: 16
    Options
    For me it isn't so much about being slim, but being healthy enough to do the things I wan to do. Being overweight makes it hard to keep up with the rest of the world. It also makes it hard to buy clothes that are comfortable to wear and look nice. The flour sack look just doesn't cut it any more. And working out feels good.

Not depriving myself of anything, just changing portions has made it easier to not give up. Not to say there aren't days when a box of cookies and a tub of ice cream don't call my name.

There will be rough days when you don't want to chase your goals, those are the days it is most important to stick with it. The payoff is worth it in the end, keep at it.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Every morning, however since I am seeing results I am staying. It's not easy to take it off, much easier to put it on. So far I have lost 17.6 lbs, still have quite a ways to go but when I picked up one of my flower pots that weighs 15 lbs I was amazed that I was carrying all that on my all the time, no wonder I was exhausted!

Keep at it, it really is worth it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" tall and weigh 145 lbs. I would ideally like to lose 20 lbs. However, it seems that it is so hard to get the weight to come off. I get so tired of counting everything that goes in mouth. I exercise 4 - 5 times each week, and I don't really mind that at all. I'm starting to enjoy it. Does anyone else want to just say, forget it? I'll be who I am, eat what I want, and exercise? I know this sounds terrible, but ...

Whether it's okay to say "I'll eat what I want" would depend on what you want to eat. It's fine not to count everything that goes into your mouth if you think about what you are putting in there, and how much, and you exercise regularly. Eat right and exercise. We all really know this is how it's done, don't we? We've heard it all our lives.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!!!! I have been stuck at the same weight for months now. It's the queen of plateaus. I can't exersise more than I do, last week I burned 3553 and was under my calorie goal everyday. It just seems I'm busting my a-- for nothing.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    every has their days when they feel that way.
    But think of the consequences of that decision.
    You're stronger than you think you are. We all are.
    Just gotta "Keep On Keeping On" :smile:
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh much more than you!!! We all have times when we want to give up. We live in a microwave society where everything is quick, quick, quick and we expect everything in our lives to work that way. Some things take longer to accomplish than others and the longer it takes you to reach your goal, the more you will appreciate your accomplishment. Hang in there. We're all here to support you through the rough days.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!!!! I have been stuck at the same weight for months now. It's the queen of plateaus. I can't exersise more than I do, last week I burned 3553 and was under my calorie goal everyday. It just seems I'm busting my a-- for nothing.

Change up the exercise that you are doing! Maybe your body is use to doing what you have trained it to do and now it needs a little something else for a while...
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    No.... sure i get frustrated, but i will never regain the 50lbs i have lost so far,
    or give up the quest to weigh 120#.
    Anything worth having is worth the struggle to achieve :smile:
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I have that thought, and then I have the "remember how miserable you were" thought righ after it... do I want to be miserable AND overweight? or do I want to be MISERABLE with a smoking hot body...

Definately the latter, plus that type of miserable only lasts until you figure out how to balance your life. so there is an end to that miserable. =)
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Every damn morning. LOL. Then I roll out of bed and start up Zumba, then I feel better.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

Change up the exercise that you are doing! Maybe your body is use to doing what you have trained it to do and now it needs a little something else for a while...

I was just thinking that maybe you are exercising tooooo much... if you are doing cardio for more than like 45 minutes a day. you are doing toooo much exercise. and probably not eating enough. But my advice is unsolicited. so forget I said anything.
  • MsMeganEliz
    Options
    I actually did say forget it last year when I originally was starting my weightloss journey. It was the worst mistake I ever made. I can't help but think about how much further I would be now if I had just stuck it out when it got tough.
    However, part of me is glad because without giving up I'm not sure if I would have come to the "I'll do whatever it takes" state of mind that I'm in now. I'm pushing myself like never before.

Maybe you need to reach that place first, whatever you choose to do we are all here to support you.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been there. I was there very recently... In fact I gained 9 pounds in the last 6 weeks because of wanting to accept my body and eat whatever I want... It didn't work out, which is why i'm here!

I am in a healthy weight range, but just barely. So I became too comfortable with my "new" body and started to overeat again. it's soooooooooo easy to overeat again. I guess that I kind of thought that since I was thin and since I exercised a lot and since I had been dieting for YEARS, surely I could now just "eat intuitively" and maintain my weight loss or even lose a few more pounds...

But no. I need to track my food. Maybe forever.