What do skinny people eat??

Options

Replies

• rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I remember reading an article about weight loss and how a skinny person's mindset about food is different regardless of what they eat. The main point that stuck with me is that skinny people aren't afraid of being hungry. This really resonated with me--I thought about all of the times I ate when NOT hungry simply b/c I was worried I wouldn't have time later. Or the the fattie strategy of eating a big meal before a party b/c we are afraid we will be hungry and binge on all of the junk. Or (and this was the breakthrough moment) all the times my mom said "don't you want to eat something so you're not hungry later?"

I read that article as well long before I started MFP a couple months ago! It made a lot of sense to me, I guess I was afraid of getting hungry..........weird!:huh: I've never figured out why but it connected. Thanks for reminding me!
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    My diary is open if you need ideas. I'm not "skinny" but I'm not overweight either.
    I'm a pescatarian too (with a predominately vegetarian diet).
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ta ha "twigs, nuts and rabbit food"

cracked me up
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Is "skinny" supposed to be a good thing in this thread? Ugg. I just want to be healthy, so I eat healthy.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Is "skinny" supposed to be a good thing in this thread? Ugg. I just want to be healthy, so I eat healthy.
    I thought most of us do want to be "skinny", not skinny skinny, but "skinier" than what we are now. :)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    They eat FAT PEOPLE!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ha ha ha ha ha

lmao!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers is soooo skinny...she eats WHATEVER she wants!! It makes me sick! lol

But I promise you that if she is not extremely active, she looks like poop when you take her clothes off.... unless all she wants is health food... and I'm betting not.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I thought most of us do want to be "skinny", not skinny skinny, but "skinier" than what we are now. :)
    Personally, I have no desire to be "skinny" I want to be healthy for the long run. Thats the only thing that's made this work for me; changing my mindset about WHY I needed to loose weight. When it was about looking good, I could never do it, but now that it's about living better so I can one day have a healthy pregnancy, and be active my whole life, I've finally begun to turn the tables on my weight.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this about my thin friends: they eat what they want and when they want it BUT they know when they're full and they can tell when they've had too much "junk". When they're full, they stop eating, and when their body doesn't feel "right" with the "junk" they've been eating, they eat light for a while.

Basically, they're MUCH better at reading their body than I am...but I'm hoping it's a learned thing and maybe there is hope for me yet. :wink:
  • albayin
    Options
    Personally, I have no desire to be "skinny" I want to be healthy for the long run. Thats the only thing that's made this work for me; changing my mindset about WHY I needed to loose weight. When it was about looking good, I could never do it, but now that it's about living better so I can one day have a healthy pregnancy, and be active my whole life, I've finally begun to turn the tables on my weight.
    Agreed. But I guess different people have different priority in their life. I have always been healthy: eating well, staying active, but I have never been as slim as I have wished. :)
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    There are also some skinny people that just have a fast metabolism, that have none of the redeeming qualities that can be attributed to skinny people.

I used to be one, until I hit about 30. And even then, despite all I was eating, I gained very little over a long period of time. But I did gain, which is why I came here, to get a grip on it, before it became a problem.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    They eat FAT PEOPLE!
    :laugh:
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Skinny before ate 30 - ate whatever I wanted

Gain weight

Lost weight - skinny again - have to watch very carefully what I eat. Must be female hormones.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Nicely done skinny lady :-) I was going to suggest that skinny people eat skinny foof.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    make that food...
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    well my skinny *kitten* husband eats chicken fried steak, banana splits, chicken and dumplins, steaks and all the carbs he wants. He cant gain weight. I bet youre thinking "oh he has clogged arteries and his bad cholesterol is high, diabetes, etc..." but i will have you know that i made him get a diagnostics ran from head to toe and that booger is healthy! He will be 50 in november.

He does have a bad back though. Im sure its cause he doesnt have an ounce of fat on his. Just bones.

Talk about torture. He had 2 huge breakfast tacos for dinner and when i say huge! they were almost burritos! He will probably have ice cream later slathered in magic shell. All the while I will have some fruit to cure that sweet tooth!
  • albayin
    Options
    well my skinny *kitten* husband eats chicken fried steak, banana splits, chicken and dumplins, steaks and all the carbs he wants. He cant gain weight. I bet youre thinking "oh he has clogged arteries and his bad cholesterol is high, diabetes, etc..." but i will have you know that i made him get a diagnostics ran from head to toe and that booger is healthy! He will be 50 in november.

He does have a bad back though. Im sure its cause he doesnt have an ounce of fat on his. Just bones.

Talk about torture. He had 2 huge breakfast tacos for dinner and when i say huge! they were almost burritos! He will probably have ice cream later slathered in magic shell. All the while I will have some fruit to cure that sweet tooth!
    My husband is the same way. He eats like ...camel. But I also noticed that even he seems eating a big meal, his total calorie intake might not be as hight as it looks. Say a huge chicken burrito is worth 1000 calories? but what if that is all he ate throughout the whole day...hmmm...I wonder.
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    They eat FAT PEOPLE!

I was going to say the same thing.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    yea im not sure if my husband eats 3 meals a day. Im just assuming he does since I would die if i missed a meal. lol im sure he doesnt.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    my severly under weight skinny as a twig fiance will sit and eat a whole large pizza for lunch, then for dinner a big mac, large fries and a large coke, then have a pint of chocolate whole milk! life just isn't fair...