MEN and WOMEN: Lose 10lbs in July 2011 Challenge

Replies

• newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    I would like to join! This sounds like a great challenge. I'll be doing this with the 3500 cal/week challenge. I'll weigh-in and post tomorrow! I'm on vacation July 5th- 9th but plan to still put in work and then party!
  • Alicsonr
    Alicsonr Posts: 1
    I am starting my plan to get moving and lose weight. I would like lose 50 lbs by Nov.....or Oct 18. My birthday......Taking any advise
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    I'm a little lost...sorry trying to find the link....do I have to have Google account to view the link? Can someone help me, thanks!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    I'm in!!! Hope it's not too late to join!!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    I'm in! Will post SW tomorrow morning :smile: love a good challenge to get the motivation going!
  • critiry3
    critiry3 Posts: 51
    So do we just post SW tomorrow? How do I do that? Do I just cut and paste on the post reply. First Challenge
  • wbruni14
    wbruni14 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm in! It would boost my confidence so much to lose 10 lbs in one month! I will weigh in tomorrow!
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    hi i want to join! do i just add myself to the spreadsheet? also - how is everyone planning to do this? by extra exercise? i'm already eating my min cals
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Looking forward to getting started.

Had a lazy day today, ate too much and did no exercise - that's just not going to cut it for July if I am going to make 10lbs!

Starting tomorrow I am going to do 3 things every day:

1. Drink at least 3 pints of water a day (or preferably 4)
    2. If I want a snack its fruit or veggies or another glass of water
    3. Daily Wii Fit Plus routine plus hula hoop and some boxing and at least one of my collection of aerobics DVD's. (Been working with Davina's Power of 3 so far this week) - my own personal shred!!

I am not saying that I can do this every day but need this and I managed 1 (nearly!) and 3 Mon-Wed this week!

My BMR with a sedentary lifestyle is 1640 calories so realistically in order to drop 10 lbs I need to do some serious exercise! Diet alone will only drop me a max of 4.5lbs so the rest needs to come from exercise. This means I need to burn an additional 630 calories per day through exercise.

I am hoping that the excess holiday weight will come off in July as fast as it went on in June...

I weigh first thing before breakfast so will post my starting weight then.

See you all tomorrow!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Dreading the weigh in tomorrow!!! But onwards and upwards - although hopefully the numbers on the scale will be going downwards!!! xx
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    This is my first day on myfitnesspal, I need to go outside the "Comfort Zone" and say: YES, I'm In :flowerforyou:
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Count me in. This will be a good challenge.
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    We are up to 111 people for this months challenge
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    good luck everyone! im gonna finish my last june challenge for myself tonite (bike/hike 500 miles) and tomorrow ill be ready to kick some July *kitten*!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    I'm deffo in, this is just what I needed ;)

SW 1st July 309 lbs
  • amber_bamber
    amber_bamber Posts: 86 Member
    Yay neil!!!
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Im up for this, ill probably fail miserably but hey at least ill give it a go!!!

plus got all my dates wrong but u know what i mean!!! lmao :blushing: :laugh:
  • heatherutopia
    heatherutopia Posts: 78 Member
    Here we go!! Friday July 1st - Starting weight - 203.2 pounds!!!! heres too weight loss *cheers*!
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Rightyho, I shall be checking in Wednesdays as per my usual weigh day but:

Start weight: 235lbs

So the goal is 225, doesnt that sound much better? :D
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Id like to join.. if you still accept ...

Will weigh in when i wake up ( not firday yet here :) .. it would be great to have some extra support and challange