6 foot ladies

Options
What's your goal? I played and still do play a college sport So I am athletic built....Whats your height and goal weight. It says for me 176 is the highest healthy weight but I feel like if I drop 50+ pounds I will be way too skinny! I am a size 14 right now at 238 pounds.

Replies

• kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm 5'10" so factor that in, but I wanted to respond because I too am very athletic and not much shorter than you. I'm 156 lbs right now and am a size 6. At 5'10", my low weight range is 132 (cannot even imagine) and my high is 173. I also have a medium build. Would you consider yourself a large build? Have you taken this quiz? http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight I found it pretty spot on for me.
  • mamabearkrys
    mamabearkrys Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot and my goal weight is 170. I'm not sure where your healthy weight range came from, but for BMI, for 6 foot, 184 is at the top end of the range not 176. Once I hit goal, I'm planning to tone up (which it sounds like you probably won't need too much of), so I'd like to be down to about 165 ultimately.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi I'm 6'1" and my goal is 160-170. I'm at about 200 right now. The self magazine calculator says my happy weight is 168.2.
    My goals, fitness-wise, is to escape the pain of the arthritis I suffer from now, whatever that takes. I'm doing circuit training right now to lose fat and build muscle. I'm hoping when I'm stronger there will be less strain on my joints.
  • LynZ0310
    LynZ0310 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet and my goal is about 175...I am currently a size 16. I would like to get down to a size 12/14. I have lost about 20 lbs (the scale has been fluctuating up an down for about 3 weeks now :/ ). I jus started the 30DS and C25K to help break through this stall!!! Good luck ladies!! It is so nice to be able to find other tall ladies and hear comparable goals...20 lbs just looks so different on us!!!
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am also 6' tall and it is nice to be in such good company :) and my goal is 190.
  • allybtucker
    Options
    I'm 6' and my highest weight was 182, just into overweight territory for the first time in my life (I'm 43 yrs old). A few years ago I got down to 135, size 8, size 6 in the right brand, and felt really comfortable at that weight, which is probably right around my high school weight. Problem with that weight was that I didn't do any exercise to get there. This time I'm doing it right with lots of exercise, and I'd like to bet back in those clothes, but I can't figure out how much I'll weigh at a size 8 and all muscle! Maybe 145?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm assuming you have a small frame because you are 238 wearing a size 14 and I'm 196 wearing a size 14. With that said 180 will probably have you in a size 10...8 maybe? You will probably look thin if you don't strength train. Get to lifting so you can achieve that athletic look once again...if you haven't started already.

My goal is 180 but I will probably be in a size 12..
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    180 is my goal size 8. I was once 195 at a size 10-12.
  • allybtucker
    Options
    It's so interesting the different sizes people are at the same weights... I was about to pop the buttons off my 12s at 182. If I'd bought any new jeans, they would definitely have been 14's. I'm down to 167, and I'm still in the damn 12's but they're comfortable now :-)
  • daiisyy
    daiisyy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" so factor that in, but I wanted to respond because I too am very athletic and not much shorter than you. I'm 156 lbs right now and am a size 6. At 5'10", my low weight range is 132 (cannot even imagine) and my high is 173. I also have a medium build. Would you consider yourself a large build? Have you taken this quiz? http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight I found it pretty spot on for me.

Odd, iam 5'11 my weight is 151 but iam a size 10! we must have very diferent body types:smile:
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 11 and a bit and weigh 223lbs. I am a size 16/18. My goal weight is 173lbs. I think I am quite well built but athletic!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Not sure where everyone is from on this thread, but people may be getting sizes mixed up from different counties:

US size 10= UK or AUS size 14

I'm 6'1" Large frame- the website says my happy weight is 180 and that is my original goal :o) Plus nice and toned. At 190, I am a UK size 14-16 (US 10-12) and I would like to be a nice small 14, which I think I will be at 180.

Course, I'll be happy to just get under 200 first off, and fit into regular (not plus) sizes!!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2" and currently wear a 10-12 at 210lbs. I have a very athletic build. I would like to get down to 185-190 and and size 8
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    im 5"10 an currently 225lbs (UK size 18). my goal is to loose another 35lb (15lb lost so far) i dont want to be thin, skinny, i love my curves, i just want to be move toned and healthy. size 12/14 would do me fine
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello! 6'4" over here and I just recently hit my goal weight of 180 which put me in a size 12. Your goal really should depend on your build more that what MFP or any chart says. We're all built so differently, so my advice is to lose what you think you need to lose and when you get there, take a step back and look at yourself. Reassess your goals and lose more if you NEED to. There is not a cookie cutter, one size fits all approach to weight loss and fitness. Rock it tall ladies!!!
  • allybtucker
    Options
    Wow, there are some tall ladies out there!! Just shows how many people there are on mfp, cause I can't tell you last time I met someone taller than me (I'm 6'), and there are at least 3 on this thread who are!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options

Odd, iam 5'11 my weight is 151 but iam a size 10! we must have very diferent body types:smile:

That IS weird. I was about 150 a few months ago and I was wearing a size 4. Do you measure? Right now my waist is 28.5 and my hips are 37. I weight train and run about 5 times a week, so I'm not sure if that accounts for the difference or not. What's your goal? I guess this is why they have such HUGE differentials in weights depending on height. 132 for low and 176 for high is a really big difference.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    5'11" @ 238# & size 18/20 currently. I'm wanting to get to a size 8 or 140#, whichever comes first. However, I may reevaluate that @ 160#. I got down to around 180# in high school, was almost in a size 10, but did it in a terrible way. I still had some flab, so I'm pretty sure I can make it 160 and look good. We'll see about 140, which is on the lower side of the recommended BMI for my height.
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I am 5'11 and currently 247.5 lbs, size 14. I am hoping to get down to a size 8, possibly 6, and have my weight anywhere between 160-180. When I was in high school, I played lacrosse and soccer but never ate very healthy. I was a size 10 and around 170lbs then but still had a lot of belly fat. Good luck to everyone! I guess we will just have to see how realistic our goals are when we slim down more!

Caitlin
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    One more thing!

I have two friends who are 5'10. One is 153lbs and curvy..I think she wears a size 8. My other friend can fit into some size 2 jeans but mostly wears size 4. She is 140lbs and works out a lot. I guess it all depends!

Caitlin
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!