6 foot ladies

Options

Replies

• tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Everyone's build is different, of course, the reason we vary in sizes. I'm very small at the top. And it creates an illusion that I'm smaller than what I really am. My waist is smaller as well. My hips are "forget about it" LOL...Therefore my pants tend to cup me.

I have a friend who is 6'2 weighing 255 and she's a 14/16. When I was 255 I was an 18.
  • chambo918
    chambo918 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 6', 173lbs, and am in a size 12. My original goal was 170lbs but now that I'm nearing that I'm realizing that I'm still not where I want to be. My goal has changed to 160lbs.
  • daiisyy
    daiisyy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" so factor that in, but I wanted to respond because I too am very athletic and not much shorter than you. I'm 156 lbs right now and am a size 6. At 5'10", my low weight range is 132 (cannot even imagine) and my high is 173. I also have a medium build. Would you consider yourself a large build? Have you taken this quiz? http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight I found it pretty spot on for me.

yes my waist

Odd, iam 5'11 my weight is 151 but iam a size 10! we must have very diferent body types:smile:

That IS weird. I was about 150 a few months ago and I was wearing a size 4. Do you measure? Right now my waist is 28.5 and my hips are 37. I weight train and run about 5 times a week, so I'm not sure if that accounts for the difference or not. What's your goal? I guess this is why they have such HUGE differentials in weights depending on height. 132 for low and 176 for high is a really big difference.

yes my waist is 34 and my hips are 38
    i dont do weight training i just do crunches and walk every day for at least 2 hours
    my goal is to weigh 140 and just be toned!:)
    wat about you??
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    6ft lady here. Currently at 268, I've got my targets set to losing 101 pounds, which would take me down to 190 (I was 291 when I started), but even then I'm not going to be at a healthy BMI, but I'll deal with that when I get there.

I love being tall, but I think that because of my height and my frame, I've been able to carry off my increasing weight more and more, which probably isn't a good thing.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11". My goal is to be 175 for right now but I would not want to get any lower than 155.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    What's your goal? I played and still do play a college sport So I am athletic built....Whats your height and goal weight. It says for me 176 is the highest healthy weight but I feel like if I drop 50+ pounds I will be way too skinny! I am a size 14 right now at 238 pounds.

You must be very very fit. I am only 6 Ibs heavier and wear a size 22 right now. I'm 5'11"!
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What's your goal? I played and still do play a college sport So I am athletic built....Whats your height and goal weight. It says for me 176 is the highest healthy weight but I feel like if I drop 50+ pounds I will be way too skinny! I am a size 14 right now at 238 pounds.

I am currently in a size 22/24. I am 6 foot and I recall when I was a size 16 and I was FINE!!!! Haa Haaa I am not going for a goal weight but rather for a goal size. If I can fit into a 14/16 that would just make me SUPER DUPER ELATED!!!! I just started seriously working towards my goal so I am looking forward to seeing that FINE SISTAH once again.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i'm about 6'1 with a large frame.. my goal is 190.. recently lost 40 lbs.. (sep-now)
    just taking it one day at a time
  • swaggadactyl
    swaggadactyl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'11" and weigh 168. I'm now awkwardly in between 7/8 and 9/10. At my highest, around 250, I was wearing a 17/18. My goal is to be a 6 so we'll see if another 15 pounds or so will get me there :).
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I weigh 200 lbs. and I wear a size 14/16. My goal is 165. I expect to be size 10 then.
  • bosh_chic
    Options
    I am 6' tall and when I was 25 I got down to 170 and was in a size 14. I have gain alot since then but my goal is 200 pounds. It still is above my so called healthy wieght but I felt I was to skinny and people also commented that I looked to skinny at 170. You need to do what makes you feel good.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and I am currently 201 pounds and in a size 16UK (14US). My current goal is 170, but I'd be happy to be 160. The smallest I've been is 145 and a size 6-7.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" - so a bit shorter than you - but I have a large bone structure and consider myself quite fit, but not super athletic. My goal weight was 180 and I am a bit beyond that now - 176 - and I definitely don't want to get any smaller. I have curves where I want them and not where I don't, and my ribs poke out. I'm a Small on top, a 10 on bottom, and wear dresses in either a 6 or 8.

If you are already in a 14, I can't imagine you shedding another 50 pounds - you would most likely end up as a 4 or 6, which is TINY for a tall woman.

Mostly, though, just focus on being healthy. When you reach a point where you feel fit and healthy and are comfortable in your skin, then stop. Don't worry about whether you meet a standard or not.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I am 5'11 and currently 247.5 lbs, size 14. I am hoping to get down to a size 8, possibly 6, and have my weight anywhere between 160-180. When I was in high school, I played lacrosse and soccer but never ate very healthy. I was a size 10 and around 170lbs then but still had a lot of belly fat. Good luck to everyone! I guess we will just have to see how realistic our goals are when we slim down more!

Caitlin

This is so wierd! I am 6ft, and at 190, I was busting out of my size 16s! So funny how we're built so differently! I'm down only 2lbs, but have lost 7" overall! I put on a dress yesterday that I wore for our anniversary, on August 5th, and it was much more comfortable this time!

My goal is about 165. We'll see when I get there. I'd like to be in a size 10.
  • mattsmom04
    Options
    Reading these comments is helping me realize where I need to set my goals, so thanks! I am 5'11, and it has been a little difficult to find others my height.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Why don't you cross that bridge when you get there, stop counting your chickens before they hatch, etc........

You know you need to lose weight(or I hope you do).

When you get to around 180, check yourself out and see.

Best of luck to you.
  • tarapickens
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am 5'10 and my goal is 170lbs at this point, but I will reevaluate when I reach that goal. :) I have weighed as little as 135lbs at this height, but looked maybe too thin. I am really happy with the way I look when I weigh around 160, so that might end up being my goal in the end! Good luck everyone!!
  • MaddieMii
    MaddieMii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and around 175lbs currently. I'm down from around 230 at the highest in my life.

I'm around a size 14 (US) currently. I really would like to get down to 155-160lbs at some point in my life (hopefully soon). My goal on MFP is 155 and I hope to make it, but these last pounds I'm finding pretty hard to lose.
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" tall and am 182 lbs down from 217 a year ago. I have a medium/large build and am very muscular and athletically built. It's so hard because I always see myself next to these petite, fit 5'4" women at the gym and I look gigantic- but I am in a size 10 and sometimes a 12 (US)- and I know that's not huge-

Ultimately, I'd like to get down to 143 lbs. That is small for me- i was there about 4 years ago and I absolutely LOVED it- i was a size 6 (and sometimes even a 4). Not sure if I'll get there now that I'm 41, but damn I'm working hard at it!!!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I'm just shy of 6 feet and my goal is 165, which many moons ago was my comfortable bathing suit weight. But my real goal is to wear size 10 again. I'm on the very snug side of 14 right now! I wouldn't get too hung up on the weight ranges that are recommended. Especially if you were blessed with a glorious athletic build and muscles! Head in the direction they recommend and you'll know when you're at the weight your body is supposed to be--whether it matches the expert's range or not.

Glad to see so many tall, beautiful people on here!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!