Step away from the peanut butter!

Options
utes09
utes09 Posts: 561 Member
I have a problem...I'm a peanut butter addict. hahaha

When I plan to have it I pal a Tablespoon...put that tablespoon on whatever but then usually put my knife it for one or two more little scoops...or like last night probably 2 other tablespoons full.

It just tastes so good and is creamy and yummy and I love it.

Hey at least it's Natural Peanut butter and only has like three ingredients. I gotta work on self control. I'm the only one that eats it. The jar will last for a long time, it's not going to disappear on me. This is what I need to tell myself. :)

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Most PB's have a serving size of 2 tbsp :) Doublecheck the nutritionals. There's way worse things you could be eating :)
  • utes09
    Options
    Oh yeah the serving size is 2 tablespoons. I just choose to eat it one tablespoon at a time when I have it as a snack or whatever.
  • baderis07
    baderis07 Posts: 35
    Options
    I definitely agree that there are worse things that you could be eating. If PB is your one addiction then feel free to indulge, just don't over indulge. The fact that you are eating natural PB is good too.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    have you tried pb2? it's not as creamy as regular peanut butter, but i love it! only 45 calories for 2 tbsp. yum!!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have to force myself to stay away from the peanut butter because its just too many calories I can't find any kind that isn't at least 150 calories per serving. If I could afford to just eat 5 tbsp at a time I totally could, and WOULD. I have sat there with a spoon and ate about 4 spoonfuls or more. It is so addicting. Funny thing is, I never ate it before I started eating healthier. Someone said eat peanut butter it has lots of protein. I thought, nah, I don't really care for it that much.... do I? I used to go probably 6 months or longer between eating peanut butter, now I can NOT get enough of it.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    try Justin's almond putter....so much better for you than peanut butter!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Check out PB2 from Bell Plantation. I think it's delicious. I mix it with Silk Almond Milk to reconstitute and serve with celery, apples, etc. I also mix it into protein smoothies! It satisfies my PB cravings.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    YUMMM I love peanut butter too....and can NEVER have just 1 TBSP.....I tend to dunk my spoon back into the jar for a 'little more'.....and a little more and a little more....haha...;.

I finally just DONT buy it anymore....which is silly...I should have control!!

Has anyone ever tried the POWDERED peanut butter that you mix w/ water??? I want to try it, as it only has 45 calories per serving!!! EEEEE!!! :)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with peanut butter. In fact, peanut butter is a very healthy part of a good diet. It's natural, and the fats are all good healthy fats.

Just make sure to account for the calories in your daily planning. After all, 2 tablespoons is usually about 190 calories, so you should definitely be able to accommodate it even in a low calorie diet.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter too. Sooo yummy. Recently I've started to use PB2 to quell my pb craving. It's great and works! 85% less calories and 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. It's pressed peanuts that you mix with water.

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    my name is Stacey, and I too am a PB addict. After putting PB on my toast, I always go back for another scoop to go directly to my mouth....
    I have NO control.

=) glad I am not alone!!! =)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter is all I have for supper. I run or walk fast most evenings and I don' t want to eat before I run, and I don't feel like eatting much after my run. So I will just eat a few tablespoons full, at least enough to cover my calorie needs for the day. It is a good source of protein and it is one thing I eat these days that I truly love.
  • alexoftroy
    alexoftroy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is the story of my life! I have such a huge peanut butter addiction that I don't even let it in the house. It's as big of a temptation for me as ice cream is for some people - such a treat!
  • utes09
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone!

I've never heard of pb2....

And Nightowl I do account for the amount I initially measure out in diary...problem is I end up eating more. Then I have to add more. hahaha
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    My status yesterday read something like, "I just want to eat peanut butter. All Day. Every Day."

I work it into other stuff, but I would def. say I don't go a day without eating some. Yesterday I made granola bars with peanut butter in them. With no added sugar or junk it's a reasonable, healthy addition to your diet. Enjoy it!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I think peanut butter is one of the world's most perfect foods...yum!!!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i love peanut butter too much to give it up. however, i dont eat it everyday.
    I love having it on a wheat english muffin in the morning before a run. It gives me energy and it keeps me satisfied. :) I am totally okay with keeping peanut butter in my diet. :)

like others have said, there are worse things you could be eating :)
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Belle. I'm 23 years old and I am a peanut butter addict.

Before my healthier days, I could kill a 35oz jar in a little over a week. Peanut butter every day. God, I miss it so much.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Thinking of getting some PB2 and maybe trying some peanut butter extract (oh it does exist...) My mom used to have it as a kid... Im thinking calorie free peanut flavoring... hmmm possibilities :D.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter so much! When I'm craving something sweet I usually do a PB and Honey sandwich on honey wheat bread, I've also been know to just eat it without anything else lol