What is your goal weight and why?

Options

Replies

• Funnybunnyboo
    Options
    i am about 5.7- currenty abt 88.5 kilos. i would like to get down to 65 kilos, as that would be a good weight for me.
    as i also have diabetes, and pimary lymphoedema, and the more i weigh, the worse it gets!
    not a big fan of excercise, but love to dance, so am hoping to do a bit of zumba soon!!
    :laugh:
  • CatGrooms66
    Options
    I'm 5'7 currently 120-122. Goal is 115-117 because I look good at that weight. Plus if I'm that low I can have room to fluctuate a little and not freak out.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    5' 11" and want to get to 175 pounds (have no idea how many stones that is, darlin') or 10% body fat. I have a feeling when I hit 175, I will still have too high of a body fat % and will either need to continue to lose and then bulk up when I hit 10% or increase my calorie intake at 175 and maintain/build muscle while treading water at 175...not sure yet.

I chose 175 because it is on the high side of a healthy BMI for my height and I didn't want to appear rail thin...I am not hung up on a weight number, but I am fixated on 10% body fat...when I hit 10%, I will either call it and maintain or try to shed a bit more fat...not sure.
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 and apparently I should weigh around 8/9 stone to be in the healthy rage..never gonna happen!

My first goal is to lose another stone which would put me at 15 stone (the weight I was when I met my boyfriend 4 years ago) and then maybe 3 more stone after that. I'll have to decide when I get there.

UK size 14/16 would suit me just fine. I don't want to be thin just less jiggly! I really like big hips, thighs and bums! :tongue:
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    My goal weight is based on a healthy BMI. Right now I am considered "overweight" even though I don't look or feel it. I want to bring myself down to a healthy BMI. Once I hit that, I will maintain it or even loose more. I just want to stay healthy so that way when I have kids, they will have a healthy mother to look up to.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Its been so long, it's a ballpark figure:blushing: . Partially based on a weight I once was, briefly, for about 2 weeks...and partially based on calculators that tell me that's a reasonable weight for my frame.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    GW 150
    why? it was my high school weight, i felt very happy at this weight :)
    (my BMI says lower, but i don't wanna be skinny, i love my curves)
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Last year I lost half a stone and it looked great! I was 105lbs at 5'1. I want to be that weight again because I know that I felt so much more confident in myself.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and currently 159lbs. My goal, and what I was before I had my last kid is 145lbs. I chose that goal because I weighted that much when I was in 9th grade and pretty much already had my adult body. I had been 155lbs in college and still felt room for improvement. And there was something magical about being under that 150lb thing on the doctor's scale. I felt great at 145. I could run forever, ride my bike forever. I was comfortable in short shorts and even bikinis. Unfortunately my blood pressure was still high which I was hoping to "cure" at that weight but I'm sure it was certainly better than it was at 180lbs (my immediate post baby weight with all my babies).
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    4'11", goal weight was 101. I chose it because I already knew what I looked like at this weight. I used to weight at the lower end of my normal BMI, which was 92, and i look like a skeleton. You could literally see my ribs thru my clothes. Then I weighed at the higher end of my normal BMI, 115, and look pudgy in the face.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My goal is 165ish.. Im 5'6 and have been fat my whole life. My dr even said he'd be happy with me between 180-190 but Id love to try to get a little smaller than that.. Anything under 200 would be awesome for me as Ive been 200+ lb for the last 14 years..
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    5ft 5, goal weight is 130 to be healthy and look good in clothes with out having a little extra tummy
  • CrissyRose
    Options
    I'm 5' 1'' and my current goal weight is to get back to what I once weighed which is 180, I gained quite a bit of weight in the past year and I'm ready to be rid of it. I do hope to continue to go on after that but it would be nice to fit back in to some of my older clothes first.

-CrissyRose
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When I am ripped- then I will be happy. :o)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" large framed. Goal weight is 138-141 and a secret wish to be 130 or 135. How I picked my weight? That is what I weighed for my first two years of maintenance and that is the weight that I can maintain without serious all the time dieting. I weighed 135 when I first went into maintenance but started lifting weights and gained 10lbs but looked better and maintained a size 4. I would like to be smaller than I am at 145 but I just don't think it is possible for me to do without a lot of stress and missing out on a lot of life so I will probably get back to 140 or so and maintain there.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1" and my goal weight is 175 lbs... I look the best at this weight.
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is around 125-135lbs
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When I am ripped- then I will be happy. :o)

Me likey :)
  • allison_joan
    allison_joan Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight is to be around 105ish pounds. I'm in a "healthy" BMI (I currently weigh 123 lbs) but I don't feel good about the way I look. I think it is because I'm so short that 123 pounds looks like a lot more weight on my size 5'1 frame opposed to other taller people.

Mostly I'm losing weight for myself, not so much the number on the scale, but till I feel happy and comfortable with the way that I look :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Also, I hate BMI.

Haha I don't think you are alone there! There are so many debates about BMI being completely inaccurate because rugby teams are classed as morbidly obese from their BMIs just because muscles weigh more than fat :/

haha, that's because it doesn't apply to athletes. It's only meant to apply to your average person that doesn't bulk up muscle :)