telling your husbands,boyfriends how much you weigh?

Options
haeden
haeden Posts: 183 Member
I was just curious while sitting here, how many of you guys tell your significant other how much you weigh?do you think its something that should be private or somethingto be open with? i am lucky to have a very supportive significant other but what do you guys think?

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'll tell anyone, doesn't offend me.
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    He has never asked, but I have periodically told him when he is commenting on how he can tell that I am loosing weight.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am married and nothin' is keep secret...personally I don't think my Husband cares how much I weight...I am lookin' HOT to him each day :wink:
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am very open with it. Most poeple will be all shocked like "oh you don't look that big!" haha yea.. right.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's just a number. I tell people I don't even know WAY more embarrassing stuff than that, so I would have no problem confessing my weight to a boyfriend/husband.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I've ever told a boyfriend how much I weighed. No need.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling anyone. Some weigh more, some weigh less, so it's not a big deal. My husband knows what I weigh cuz I'm always talking about it and he always says I look good, no matter how much I weigh. I don't agree but that's kind of him.:wink:
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend honestly doesn't care how much I weigh. He just knows when I'm exercising and happy with how I look I'm more willing to put out, haha so that's all that he cares about.
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I tell my otherhalf everything after having three children he's seen me at my worse so if he hasn't ran away yet I'm sure a number won't bother him lol
  • PinkButterfly77
    Options
    I actually finally told my husband once I finally got serious about losing weight. It was something very personal for me and something I was extremely embarrased to tell him (or anyone!) but he is super supportive and it was actually really empowering to tell him. He's helped me along the way and shared all my triumphs with every pound I've lost. I was expecting him to react with a face or a grimace or something to the weight when I told him, but he didn't and I think that helped me more than anything, realizing that he's the one person that will never judge me no matter what! I love that man!
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    I would always tell my husband "too much" when he asked my weight. Then one day he said how could he be proud of me when I tell him what I weigh (when i reach my goal) if he doesn't know where i came from. That made sense to me so I broke down and told him!! Obviously I carry my weight "well" b/c people always say, "you dont look like you weigh that much"....but that is a whole different conversation:huh:
  • brvanover
    brvanover Posts: 52
    Options
    My boyfriend knows how much I weighed at my highest weight and my current weight. I pretty much tell him every time I weigh myself now because I'm excited to be losing. It probably depends on the couple though. We've been together 6 1/2 years, so there's really nothing we keep from each other.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone I meet. My guy doesn't give a care either way, my mom says (hah) 'don't get too small!', my dad doesn't seem to hear me, and passerby almost always say 'no way you weigh that much!'
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My husband is tremendously supportive but I have always chosen to not tell him. We've been together forever, since I weighed like 100 lbs, so admitting that I got up to 165ish is too much of an ego blow for me.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    In the beginning before I started to lose weight I told people I weighed something much less than I did, because well... I looked like I weighed less.

Now... I don't care at all! I told my boyfriend of 1 year how much I weigh almost everytime I step on the scale, and everyone knows I've lost 20 pounds almost and are proud of me, not the number on the scale :D
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    My wife and I both weigh each night and tell each other the result.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    *LOL* Not a chance, sunshine! Not a chance!

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    He's like a freakin giant next to me, I'm only 5 ft. So he's always assumed I weighed less than I actually do, and that's just because I'm short.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I frequently weigh in together in the morning. We workout together. We're in this together. No need to keep my weight a secret from him. As long as I never weight more than him, then we're cool. :laugh:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I never used to (hell no!), but now I tell if it comes up. If they freak out, it wasn't meant to be.