telling your husbands,boyfriends how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    HECK To The NOOOOO!!! Im not even overweight and I would NEVER. He has a rough idea, I guess, but no way would I sit him down and give him the number! I am like that with everyone for the most part- I guess I am a freak like that. :o)
  • PRINCESSHEATHER333
    PRINCESSHEATHER333 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN WITH MY BOYFRIEND FOR ALMOST 11 YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER TOLD HIM HOW MUCH I WEIGHT UNTIL ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO WHEN I LOST ABOUT 30 POUNDS AND I FINALLY WEIGHED LESS THAN HIM,LOL.HE ASKED ME "WELL HOW MUCH DO U WEIGH?" I WAS LIKE"LESS THAN YOU"... HE WAS GETTING MAD THAT I WOULDNT TELL HIM SO I WAS LIKE WHAT THE HELL,HE LOVES ME FOR ME SO I DID AND NOW I FEEL MORE AT EASE THAT I DONT HAVE TO HIDE TO WEIGH MYSELF ON THE SCALE.I NOW DO IT WITH HIM THERE :)
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I keep it a secret...as a matter of fact...I dont usually share any numbers: age, weight, number of boyfriends (wink)!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My husband refused to believe I was overweight at all, much less 35 pounds overweight. I stood on the scale in front of him and said 'SEEEEEE!". He kind of harumphed and said 'Well, you look perfect to me'. :-)

But after he saw the number and how much it upset me, he's been very supportive.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i know mine doesnt care at all but i was just curious about what other people thought :)
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend honestly doesn't care how much I weigh. He just knows when I'm exercising and happy with how I look I'm more willing to put out, haha so that's all that he cares about.

My boyfriend honestly don't care as long as I watch what I eat and continue to work out.... He also is heading up to where I weigh so it alarming him to do what I do so he can get back into his "skinny" clothes..... Which is a motivation for me as I have a buddy that wants to look good.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My husband refused to believe I was overweight at all, much less 35 pounds overweight. I stood on the scale in front of him and said 'SEEEEEE!". He kind of harumphed and said 'Well, you look perfect to me'. :-)

But after he saw the number and how much it upset me, he's been very supportive.

yours sounds like mine! such sweet guys!
  • ljw556
    ljw556 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! It was a freaking miracle that I told my personal trainer. I actually didn't tell him, I wrote it down on his form hahahaha! What a crazyhead!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I never told mine how much I weighed either.... even wen i was prego the nurse made him go in the room wen i was weighed. I use to tell him "too much" but he likes bigger girls so he tells me im sexy no matter wat. Hes very supportive of my weight loss goals but he dnt want me to get skinny. Lol. I still havent told him how much i weigh...I just tell him how much I lose.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    My husband and I weight each other at the gym,,that way we don't try to subtract a few extra numbers,,,,I tell him his weight and he tells me mine...:love:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would if he asked. I don't think he's ever asked in the 15 years we've been together. Or indeed 21 years we've known each other. He knew me when I had an eating disorder, though, so he knows enough not to let me have scales in the house.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    NEVER!!! I won't even let my doctor weigh me...lol..seriously I have made more than one medical assistant pissed off because I refused. One person in the world knows and he is just an amazing friend I actually met on MFP so that was recent and I am quite sure he does not know anymore as my progress has changed and he sucks at math..lol....but when I was married I never told my husband, but you must understand my former husband was thin and never would understand and yes he would judge pretty sure most would, either that or it is just me judging myself, either way I must trust someone so implicitly to tell them and that is so hard to do.
  • fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I told him as he refused to believe that i'd put on nearly 5 stone in 18 months from 9st4lbs to 14st3lbs (i'm 5'10") not entirely sure where it is myself if i'm honest as I went from 26/27 - 31inch waist and 37 - 41inch hips which to me doesn't seem to be worth 5stone!! My thighs are a little chunkier but not enough to stop my size 12 (uk) skinny jeans fitting that I bought (a little on the big side originally) when I was around 9st7lbs!!
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    He just knows when I'm exercising and happy with how I look I'm more willing to put out

This is SO true for me too!

He has asked, I think just out of curiosity. I admit to subtracting about 5 pounds off when I tell him...
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    NO! I have never told him what I weigh. I do tell him what I lose. lol
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is there for every weigh in, but that's because I usually dont believe that I have lost any weight. So he sort of proves it to me by checking my weight. LOL! I swear sometimes I think I'm fat....then he tells me to check and I'm good!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Funny some say they don't and then there it is on the bottom of their signatures.

BTW, yes my husband knows. He'a a pilot and has to balance the weight in our Cessna.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    No, I don't do that. My husband is 6', about 140 and all muscle and bone--he's in great shape and has done the most he can with his skinny frame. So I outweigh him by 15 lbs on a good week (closer to 25 now due to some ill-considered choices through spring finals and vacation, though he put on a few on vacation too). He knows I weigh more than he does and when I get down a few to around 155 he usually starts heaping on compliments. After 15 years he has finally smartened up enough to keep his yap shut about my weight, unless he is saying that I am looking good after some progress, but we both know we both aren't too happy with the whole situation of my weight, and talking numbers about it with an engineer isn't gonna do anyone here any good.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Funny some say they don't and then there it is on the bottom of their signatures.

BTW, yes my husband knows. He'a a pilot and has to balance the weight in our Cessna.

Why would you assume that their significant others are on MFP ,log on and look at their account or even know they have an account on MFP? If their weight is on a signature, who is to say that their loved one sees it?
    Just saying....
  • janine0187
    janine0187 Posts: 15
    Options
    Of course I tell my boyfriend. The reason why is because we are losing weight together.
    Even if we would not lose weight together I would still tell him how much I weight. Wouldn't bother me at all.