Hey You 30' Something - Swimsuit Challenge

imgone324
imgone324 Posts: 84
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
This challenge is for all you 30' Something people and it's starting on July 1st.

We're all looking for ways to get healthier, but let's be honest, we really all want to look good. And since it's swimsuit season, we're going to put our vanity on the line in this challenge. Here's how it works...once you sign up, you'll be assigned to one of two teams (captained by tamiesue2 and myself). Your goal is burn 3,500 calories each week. If you make your goal, you will earn 3 points for your team. BUT, if you don't make your goal, you will lose 3 points for your team. Results for the previous week will be submitted to your team captain on Sundays (the 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st). Since the first week is short, you only need to make 1,500 calories. Each week after that is 3,500.

As of July 31st, the team with the most total points wins. Here's the catch....each member of the losing team must post an updated picture of themselves in a swimsuit after the contest.

This is going to be a great challenge. I will assign teams based on acceptance of the challenge on this thread (back and forth between captains).

Good Luck!!

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I am in. The week of the 18th - 24th is going to be hard for me as I am going to be on vacation. Have the warrior dash on 7/23.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    I'm in!!
  • balston2010
    balston2010 Posts: 62 Member
    i am in!
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    I am in...
  • Takotorau
    Takotorau Posts: 28
    I'm keen.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    awwww....I would love to join...but I CAN'T!!! I started a challenge to do the 30 Day Shred starting June 29th....and even with my plans of doing that 6 days/week, walking 30,000 steps during my work week, and my day of yoga, I still wouldn't hit the weekly goal on here!!! Plus my main profile pic is of me in my swimsuit already :) Good luck to you guys though...I will be rootin for ya!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Ohhh 3,500 calorie burn! That's going to be TOUGH. Looking over my last few weeks I'm burning about 2900 calories. I'm really goign to have to kick it into HIGH gear.

I'm IN!!
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    3500 is going to be tough but thats the point! Sometimes we need that extra UMPHH to get us going. Come on you 30' somethings lets show them what we are made of!!
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    sounds challenging...but i need something to keep me accountable and motivated. i'm in! do we need a before pic?
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    I'm in!
    I started out good exercising 3-4 times a week and now got seriously lazy. The heat doesn't help me get out and run or do anything else. But, I would do anything not to show a pic of me in a swimsuit. ;)
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Just the thing I need to stay motivated! Count me in!!
  • EJanine
    EJanine Posts: 23
    ...I'm in!
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Hmmmm...ok i'm in but i'm still travelling on holiday till july 16...after the 16th this challenge will be easy! First half not so much :/
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Need something to get me moving! I've been slacking lately! I'm in!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    This sounds awesome! Sign me up! This 30something can hit 3,500 a week!
    I'm on vacation from July 3rd to the 7th but I'm bringing my running the shoes - the bf sleeps in and I'm up at the crack of dawn and need something to do!
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Wow, that's gonna be tough...500 a day if you excercise 7 days a week. Well Im up for the challenge....LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • I am ususally super shy but thats has gotten me where I am so I guess stepping it up would be for the best. I love the positive and negative incentives!! I know if I have a team to look out for I will do my part so... I 'm in!
  • tamiesue2
    bump
  • tamiesue2
    NO before pic needed. Only the losing team members will need to post pics.
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Im in need some added motivation.
This discussion has been closed.