Hey You 30' Something - Swimsuit Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So--just curious--anyone doing anything special or have any tips to reach the 3500 goal? I didn't think i'd have to do anything special but i'm finding that i'm just. not. getting. up. early enough to get that 600 cals at the gym (i really need to have one day off or i'll go crazy)...so to make up the difference i pack up my heart rate monitor and walk over lunch and after work 'till i make up the difference. Any other tips or examples?

Before this challenge, I was averaging 1700 burned weekly, so I'm definitely stepping up my efforts! Most days during the week, I'm doubling my workouts, and then I'm trying to get some extra exercise in on the weekends. Before I was taking Fri-Sun off every week. :)
  • imgone324
    imgone324 Posts: 84
    Options
    Here are the results for Drop it Like it's Hot for last week...Sorry for the delay in posting.

7/10 cals. 7/10 points
    Jbeane75 3742 +3
    Andee08 3575 +3
    autiemommy 7184 +3
    Ejanine 4083 +3
    gnoccola 3817 +3
    j1denham 2754 -3
    LadyByrd77 3623 +3
    lalabear88 3824 +3
    latoyamary 3567 +3
    laurie_powers 3582 +3
    lildevil968 2107 -3
    MAK_01 4285 +3
    McghanK 3504 +3
    reyna99 3228 -3
    Sauchie 18784 +3
    seventysix06 3505 +3
    starkle09 3730 +3
    tishaloses 3265 -3
    Yocum1219 4210 +3

Total of 33 points. Good Job team...let's shoot for the full 57 points this week.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    WOOT go DILIH
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You mean 45 points total? What did the other team get for last week?

Drop it like it's hot!! :)
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    what the heck :(:grumble: sorry guys, I didn't know it was all or non, thought I'd get some points since I was close...I've got it this week, it for sure has been a challenge when I use to maybe average 1500 cals a week! Drop It Like It's Hot on those Jalapenos!!
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So--just curious--anyone doing anything special or have any tips to reach the 3500 goal? I didn't think i'd have to do anything special but i'm finding that i'm just. not. getting. up. early enough to get that 600 cals at the gym (i really need to have one day off or i'll go crazy)...so to make up the difference i pack up my heart rate monitor and walk over lunch and after work 'till i make up the difference. Any other tips or examples?

Spinning burns 500 cals in 45 mins.

On my days off from the gym I walk part way to and from work in addition to walking for 1/2 an hour on my lunch just to get some fresh air. For a total of 90 mins burning approx 400 cals.

On weekends I'm busy walking around the city exploring or going for a bikeride in addition to 1 or 2 gym workouts.
  • Jess3kids
    Jess3kids Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Probably won't make it again this week - I have sore throat and have only worked on Monday so far. I'm so sorry guys. My first week I killed it and was over 4000 burned.

Ugh
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey DILIH, I'm having a rough week....have a sick little one at home & he needs all of mommy's attention, esp when he's not the youngest. BUT, we're supposed to go swimming Sat, so I'm hoping I can get in a major burn then to offset what hasn't happend so far this week. I'm only at 1716 thus far...but I think I can get in 2K in the 2 1/2 days I've got left...maybe.
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    C'mon DILIH--3 days left of the week! We DO NOT WANT TO POST THOSE PICTURES! :)
  • balston2010
    balston2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    4657 this week!!!
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey Jalapeno Hotties!! Please bear with me a couple more days. Going today to get a new computer, should get in a temporary house next week. They are saying 3-4 months to repair mine. If any of my girls would like to get totals for week 2 I would greatly appreciate it!!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hey Jalapeno Hotties!! Please bear with me a couple more days. Going today to get a new computer, should get in a temporary house next week. They are saying 3-4 months to repair mine. If any of my girls would like to get totals for week 2 I would greatly appreciate it!!
    <p> I don't mind getting the totals for week 2 for the Jalapeño Hotties. (that's the week 7.4 - 7.10, right?) People just need to message me their totals right? Is there a list of all the members you can give me? Or maybe it's in this thread somewhere? Let me know! You sound like you have a lot going on right now!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    DILIH-I made it!! Little one was feeling better & we spent 5 hours in the pool today! I've made my goal with one day to go!! Woo hoo! I have no idea how I'll make up all those calories burned food wise, as I didn't start out the day eating enough to make up for it....but I'll get in some of it!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    DILIH-I made it!! Little one was feeling better & we spent 5 hours in the pool today! I've made my goal with one day to go!! Woo hoo! I have no idea how I'll make up all those calories burned food wise, as I didn't start out the day eating enough to make up for it....but I'll get in some of it!

WoooHooo! Way to go :)

I'm 200 short as of Saturday night. But have no fear am workout planned so I should be good.
    Let's go DILIH!! We can do this! Let's get those jalapeños!!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Jalapeño Hotties: I'm helping out while our captain gets situated. Message me your week 2 totals so we can get that posted from last week (7.4 - 7.10).
    We'll talk tomorrow about week 3's totals (7.11-7.17).

Thanks and pass this message on to any team members you have as a friend!
  • Jess3kids
    Options
    Great job!!! Also glad to hear your little one is feeling better!
  • Jess3kids
    Options
    Won't be making it this week. Was down with strep throat from Tuesday on. I am finally feeling a little better and will try my hand at a workout tonight. I have reactive airway and it's flaring up something fierce.

Next week I'm aiming for 4000.

Great job DILIH!!!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My weekly burn for week 18199. Disappointed since I cant go swimming due to a HW burn across my stomach. Good luck all
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    DILIH-- My weekly burn is 4897 woo hoo and i still have to add todays calories...
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Won't be making it this week. Was down with strep throat from Tuesday on. I am finally feeling a little better and will try my hand at a workout tonight. I have reactive airway and it's flaring up something fierce.

Next week I'm aiming for 4000.

Great job DILIH!!!

Oh no! Strep is horrible. Definitely take it easy eat lots of frozen yogurt with live cultures; feel better soon.