Hey You 30' Something - Swimsuit Challenge

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    DILIH check in ~ burned a total of 18784 calories ( I think I added correctly) this week:

Week 2:

July 4th: 3039

July 5th: 3244

July 6th: 2390

July 7th: 1660

July 8th: 2656

July 9th: 3242

July 10th: 2553

I <3 Boot Camp

Are those just your exercise burns or a whole day calorie burn?
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    DILIH check in ~ burned a total of 18784 calories ( I think I added correctly) this week:

Week 2:

July 4th: 3039

July 5th: 3244

July 6th: 2390

July 7th: 1660

July 8th: 2656

July 9th: 3242

July 10th: 2553

I <3 Boot Camp

Are those just your exercise burns or a whole day calorie burn?

Yes currently have 8 weeks left of boot camp which is 4 hours a day of working out. It's about a 12 week program to increase my metabolism. Dang hypothyroidism.
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the Jalepeno Hotties!
    Total Calorie burn this week was 4029!!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow! 4 hours per day. It must have been so hard at the beginning. How is it working out for you? Do you also manage to have a life? Well, congrats on the big calorie burn.
  • Sauchie
    Options
    Wow! 4 hours per day. It must have been so hard at the beginning. How is it working out for you? Do you also manage to have a life? Well, congrats on the big calorie burn.

I was able to schedule my work and home life around it my daughter even does an hour with me (the pool hour)
    Schedule

9 am -10 am cardio/dance
    10:30am -11:45 swimming
    Noon: Lunch
    12:30- 4:30 - Swimming (2:30-4:30 optional most days)
    5 pm dinner/working
    10:00 pm weight/resistance training for 30 minutes (not counted in calorie burn)
    11:45 bed time
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am checking in for DILIH...I hit 3575!!! It was hard but I hit my goal for the week.
  • Jess3kids
    Jess3kids Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Jared - I was actually at 3454 for last week - so close. I'm hitting it hard this week - got 700 today :)
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I got food poisoning last night and still feel rough. Not sure when I'll be able to resume my exercise. I hope I can make my missed sessions up later in the week.
  • Jess3kids
    Jess3kids Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I got food poisoning last night and still feel rough. Not sure when I'll be able to resume my exercise. I hope I can make my missed sessions up later in the week.

Hope you feel better ASAP!
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Hope you feel better ASAP!

Thank you! I'm finally feeling back to normal. Now to make up for those lost sessions...
  • Sauchie
    Options
    ouch feel better
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey all the Droppers out there!! Hope you all are burning some serious calories so far this week. I'm at 1664 so far.

How about everyone else!!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    DILIH here, 1224 so far! Had a stinky day on Monday with a migraine, but making up for it! If I can get a day in swimming, I'm gold! :o)
  • Sauchie
    Options
    were last weeks results up yet??
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So--just curious--anyone doing anything special or have any tips to reach the 3500 goal? I didn't think i'd have to do anything special but i'm finding that i'm just. not. getting. up. early enough to get that 600 cals at the gym (i really need to have one day off or i'll go crazy)...so to make up the difference i pack up my heart rate monitor and walk over lunch and after work 'till i make up the difference. Any other tips or examples?
  • Sauchie
    Options
    So--just curious--anyone doing anything special or have any tips to reach the 3500 goal? I didn't think i'd have to do anything special but i'm finding that i'm just. not. getting. up. early enough to get that 600 cals at the gym (i really need to have one day off or i'll go crazy)...so to make up the difference i pack up my heart rate monitor and walk over lunch and after work 'till i make up the difference. Any other tips or examples?

Zumba, dancing; ab crunches; swimming. even cooking and cleaning can help burn calories.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    DILIH here, 1224 so far! Had a stinky day on Monday with a migraine, but making up for it! If I can get a day in swimming, I'm gold! :o)
    Hope your migraine is feeling better. Good luck getting a swim in :) I love swimming!

I usually hit pretty close too 500 calories each of my morning workouts (I do DVD workouts in the morning). So I've been getting in a second work out in the evening (walk or take bike ride) last week I hit 3700 on Saturday so Sunday ended up bein my day off. Just my two cents :smile:
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Up until recently, i had little problem getting my heart rate up so i'd be burning about 10 cals a minute (so 500-600 cals in an hour's workout). Recently, however, it's taken a lot more effort for that heart rate to get and stay up (hence the need for a longer workout). It doesn't help that his darn hip bursitis is keeping me on the elliptical and off the treadmill. :/
  • MamaMonkey
    MamaMonkey Posts: 22
    Options
    Doing well this week, even with a bum shoulder! Looking forward to high calorie burn, not only for the Jalapenos, but also so I see it on the scale for sure!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm moving this week, tomorrow to be exact, and a lot of my time has been taken up with packing. I know all the moving and cleaning over the weekend will burn a lot so I'm hoping that will catch me back up! Otherwise I'm pretty behind for the week, but I'll try my best for the jalepeno team:smile:

I've also recently run into the difficulty of the high burns, its made this really challenging!