"It's too hard to eat exercise calories back"

Options
12346»

Replies

• shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Ugh I totally agree! It actually drives me insane!!! Someone who has tons of weight to lose saying, "I just can't eat more than 800 calories, I'm not hungry blah blah blah..." how did you get so overweight in the first place?! I've ranted about this in my head a million times, so that you for posting it! hehe :)
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HI!
    I find it a struggle when I have 1400 calories a day then I exercise and burn off at least 300 to 500 calories then I read that I have at least 1700 calories available to eat back which sounds like nothing right? But I am eating very healthy now. I never used to eat huge quantities of food but what I did eat was so high calorie I was eating over 3,000 per day! Now I have more food than ever. I don't starve at all. I had a plate of food this evening that was so heavy with food. I had 2 servings of chicken which was 200 calories, a cup of broccoli was only 40 calories and a cup of carrots was about 65 calories. I also had 2 slices of tomato chopped up which was like 8 calories. I had a 90 calorie 8oz glass of fat free milk, and I had a small baked potato with 1 tsp of parkay margarine and together I think that was around 180 calories and all together the meal was under 500 calories. Do you know how much food that is? lol I made myself eat all of it and I still have 400 calories left so I am eating a cup of chopped apples, another glass of milk and a sugar free fudgecicle as snacks later tonight. I am stuffing all this food just to meet the minimum 1400 calorie goal. It really can be hard if you are eating low calorie foods. I don't want to eat what I used to eat and change the portions. I felt so bad on that food. I feel amazing after giving up sugar, salt, and caffeine. I have only lost 11 pounds so far, but that is during my first 2 weeks of my new eating habits so I am happy but I am very worried about the plateau and the starving yourself I see people talking about so much here. I asked my registered dietician what to do and she said to eat 1400 calories and exercise to lose weight. She doesn't want me to eat back exercise calories until I have reached my goal weight. She also gave me specific amounts of fat, carbs, protein, fiber and salt she wants me to eat daily. I do understand how hard and confusing all of this can be as I am going through it too. :)
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it annoys you if it doesn't affect you.

I "got fat" by eating large amounts of unhealthy foods. Now I am eating healthier foods that fill me up faster than those old foods. When I have those unhealthy foods now I crave more, so I just try to avoid them and keep my sugars in check.

Besides, I'm still big, and if you saw me at a restaurant trying to eat my exercise calories back by downing a burger, fries and and shake, I'd probably be judged for not ordering a salad... You know why, its because you're judging without knowing everything. Sure some people probably aren't eating enough, and if its just a couple hundred calories then its not a big deal either way, but if I'm not hungry at the end of the day I'm not going to force feed myself, that cannot be healthy, physically or psychologically...
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I used to eat one meal a day most days, before I started losing weight. That is how I gained so much, not really from over eating, but just eating terrible food all at once and not being active at all.

Now I actually eat good foods, with 3 meals a day with snacks. So yeah, I have trouble eating all my calories some days, because I am simply not hungry. I am not going to go downstairs stick a spoon in a jar of peanut butter and eat it. If I am not hungry, I am not hungry. Simple as that. If I tried to eat all my exercise calories back I would just end up making myself sick and feel miserable.
  • martini83
    martini83 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Im not fat cos i ate too much im fat cos i would starve myself till dinner then binge eat, and what i was eating was absolute crap, so yes i find it very hard to eat my 1200 calories let alone any more.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    People are getting so offended by this because they fit in that category and now they are "eating healthy" and can't handle eating that much. If you can't handle netting 1200, you are NOT eating healthy and you are not eating enough and you really need to do some research as to what eating healthy really means. In case you didn't realize it, fat is part of a healthy diet! And if you are eating your recommended amount of healthy fat found in food like nuts and avocados, you would have no trouble meeting your net goals. Eating just vegetables and plain chicken day in and day out is not healthy and you are missing out on a lot of nutrients that your body needs! You should also be incorporating dairy which is typically not low in calories. One glass of low fat milk is 120ish calories in itself!

I think on an open forum we are allowed to express our concerns and frustrations for things that bother us. It affects us in the way that we have to see people complaining about having to eat all the time! There is just no way that you are simply too full to eat 1200 calories per day plus exercise calories - I think it's just absurd and mostly a psychological thing. You aren't getting to eat the crap that you used to eat, so now you don't want to eat at all. Sigh. I think this mentality is a recipe for disaster and failure.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Lol, that just sounds like more judgement.

You're ASSuming way too much...

Like I said, YES some people are not being healthy about it... But some ARE, and who are you to tell them they aren't?
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Real healthy food is more filling than fast food which most people ate in abundance to gain weight.
    You do have a point though. If you don't have time to eat all your exercise calories, then eat junk food to make up for it or don't exercise so damn much.