How many days a week do you workout?

Options
Just curious
How many days a week do you go to the gym?

Do you workout outside of the gym? In addition or in replace of the gym....

How long do you work out for?

I try to go there as many times as I can, but I just cannot get myself there every day. I am just wondering what other people do.....

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I work out 6-7 days a week. Five days a week I go to Curves and do the circuit for 40 minutes. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do the circuit for 40 minutes then do 48 minutes of Zumba. On the weekend I so different DVD at home or go walking.
  • jmcarpenter6
    jmcarpenter6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Three days a week - Jazzercise - one hour....I love it!!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    7 days of Shred
    2 Zumba
    1 Swimming
    1 Dancing
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Five days, this may consist of several seperate gym trips each day though!xx
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    During the school year, I go to the gym 4-5 days a week but when my kids are home in the summer, once, possibly twice, and I walk alot in the morning and in the evening, swim, and force myself to do some kind of dvd. I am working through the 30 day shred and Kettlebell Bombshell right now.
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    2-3 days strength training
    1-2 days Zumba

So anywhere from 3-5 days a week
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    4-5 days a week. I like to do mostly walking. I am not in that great of shape, getting there though slowly but surely! I like to do Leslie Sansone dvds at home b/c I can fit it in when it works for me.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    2 days of intense cardio at the gym (45-60 min)
    1 day of strength training w/ my trainer (60 min)
    Plus, at least 2 walks per week (2-4 miles)
  • Addison2409
    Addison2409 Posts: 104
    Options
    I workout everyday
    I run 30 minutes, do level 3 of the 30 day shred, and walk an hour. Some days I fit in more workouts.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I DONT WORKOUT IN A GYM BUT HERES MY SCHEDULE

MONDAY- BOOTCAMP
    TUESDAY- 3 MILE RUN
    WEDNESDAY- BOOTCAMP
    THURSDAY- 3 MILE RUN
    FRIDAY- BOOTCAMP
    SATURDAY- 3 MILE RUN AND STRENGTH TRAINING
    SUNDAY-4 MILE RUN

I HAVE ALSO STARTED RIDING MY BIKE TO WORK 3-4 DAYS A WEEK (8 MILES ROUNDTRIP)

WOW! WHEN I WRITE IT OUT IT FEELS LIKE A WHOLE LOT!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week, usually 7.

5 days kickboxing (50min)
    2 days running (20-40min)

I avoid the gym like the plague because I'm self-conscious about the excess jiggle that goes on whenever my body's in motion...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    5 days...

5 walking for 45 minutes at 4.0mph

at LEAST 3 days of gym, sometimes 4 (30 minute elypticall, 15 - 25 minutes of weights or calisthenics depending on the day)

Sunday is major house cleaning day (squats, tons of stairs, etc) but I don't log it, and I don't log mountain biking either...those are just fun things to do on weekends
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    6 - 7 days a week
    average 60 min a workout
    I workout at home or on the road with P90X
    when I'm not doing P90X, I ride my bike
    If I choose not to do P90X on the road, I use the ellipitical or tread mill :happy:
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I usually run four miles four days a week and then bike 12 miles once or twice. I always give myself a day off. There are mornings that I need sleep more than I need exercise. Three small kids will do that to you!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    7 days a week. Everyday, I do P90X+ in my house, but I also try and walk/run at least a few of those days on top of my indoor workouts. I love being outside too much not to be!!
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    5 days resistance /cardio 3 days/ and pick up a dumbbell whenever I am stressed....
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    I usually try to do 4-6 days a week. My body and muscles need a rest at least once a week. I usually do the gym 4 days and then on the other two I try and do something at home or walk during my lunch. I have started doing yoga sometimes on my days off.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Usually 5 days. Usually, I do low impact power walking for about an hour 4x a week and I run at least once a week. Sometimes, if I'm feeling particularly energetic, I'll run and walk on the same day. I do strength training at least 2x a week. I usually like working out outside because I can take my kids with me. The gym daycare has off hours that don't work for us right now.

Plus I lift a 30 lb. person 1000x times a day into and out his carseat, plus the stroller, plus all the other stuff that goes with running a household.
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I workout 6- 7 days a week (normally 7):

* I run 2 miles at work during my lunch break (20 - 22 mins)
    * I do Zumba 5 days a week (55 - 65 min: depending on DVD)
    * I do Biggest Loser Power Sculpt 2 days a week (55 min)
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I workout at home 6 days a week and have one rest day. For now I am doing the weightlifting parts of P90X on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I run the other 3 days. This is my last week of P90X though and I don't know what I'm going to do next yet.