WHY NOT TO CHEAT!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• amyamadea
    amyamadea Posts: 17
    Options
    I don't consider it cheating, I actually give in to what I want, just in moderation. I don't want to cut out all the super yummy bad for me foods that i love, that's just not life. You can't not eat any of that for the rest of your life, just have to eat it in moderation.

This. Let's face it, if you're going to completely cut out everything you enjoy, you're only going to be more likely to really mess up and eat an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting because you're that desperate for sugar/fat/something that tastes ridiculously damn good.

Yeah we could all sit and eat nothing but grilled chicken and steamed veg for the rest of our lives but it'd be boring. An occasional treat is nothing to deny yourself.
  • mhannan13
    mhannan13 Posts: 53
    Options
    I didn't eat it! I lost weight this morning and it was totally worth it! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Picture it sitting on one of your hips as fat. That usually helps me haha :smile:

Yes, this! Imagine your hips with the cinnabon and then imagine yourself in something sexy after NOT eating it.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    yesterday I had this same battle......the chocolate in the house was screaming at me to eat it. I went for a workout and by that time it was dinner so I was lucky I could eat that, then I ate a bunch of watermelon for my sweet fix and I was so full I didn't want the chocolate.

I had to keep thinking of my goals though, weigh in coming up, measurements on sunday, vacation in 14 days etc.....and turned to MFP friends for support!

DO NOT EAT THE CINNAMON BUN............................YOU WILL REGRET IT!

all that fat and sugar and junk soaking into your body and making you bloat, the scale will possibly show a gain, you might feel sick to your stomach after....ugh, don't do it! BE STRONG!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It may smell good, but as I've recently experienced, once you haven't had it for a while, it doesn't taste as good and you'll regret eating it after.

THIS! I'm finding this out more and more!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who is addicted to sweets (chocolate) I stick to one MOTTO : A year from now you will wish you had started today! I have that as my iphone wallpaper so every time I turn on my phone I see it.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have to sit in a Panera Bread for 3 hours right now, right across from a cinnabon, which I have been craving forever! Please please please remind me why I should stop eating and stay under my calorie goal. It's hard to remember when I can smell the frosting.
    How do you convince yourself not to cheat? How do you win the internal battle?

I saw the guy at Cinnabon pick his nose while he was baking them - true story :wink:
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You can't avoid it forever! Find someone to split it with or just throw out the other 1/2. Enjoy a little bit of it and work out. If you deny yourself what you REALLY REALLY want, then when you finally do reach your goal.... you will want to splurge on everything you see and gain weight back. All people deal with this issue differently, so do what works for you!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I plan for it. Now cinnabon is not my thing, but if it was and if it's not a food I would binge on I would plan out a day that would allow me to have a small cinnabon and still stay under my calorie goal. Now I don;t believe in "everything in moderation" and with all the refined sugar, refined flour and artificial flavoring in cinnabon I don't think I will ever eat one again, but I plan my treats such as sorbet, or a piece of cake or pie.

I want to learn how to incorporate these things into my diet in a sensible way. I plan to eat the way I now eat for life, so I need to know how to manage.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well, I already had a rough day kind of. I visited a friend and we took her nieces to White Castle. I had 3 sliders, then we did a lot of shopping and walking around. I had a salad for dinner and I'm 80 cals under my daily goal. I'm going out with my boyfriend and another couple on a double date this evening and I know I will have to not eat anything to stay under. That's why it's so tempting to just count today as a loss and binge. BUT your support is overwhelming and is honestly talking me out of it. It's not worth it. I'm so glad I turned to you all for help. THANK YOU!!!

Regarding your comment about "count today as a loss and binge".... Please read this, from my blog post from yesterday, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Iceskatefanrn:

If you drop an egg...

In order to be successful on this diet I've been reading other blogs, websites, message boards... anything I can get my hands on for weight loss support and 17 DD info. I've noticed a "flavor" of some posts that I've seen over and over again, and I want to give you my take on it.

A lot of folks will post something like this... "Well what a rough day I had yesterday, it started with the Krispy Kreme donuts at work and I just couldnt resist so I thought, OK, I'll just have one. Well, 5 glazed donuts later I figured I'd just ditch the day and eat like a pig - 6 slices of pizza at lunch, some chili-cheese fries at the drive through on the way home, then a bucket of chicken for dinner, skin on of course! Then the whole family went out for Triple Scoop Banana Splits - at least there was fruit in there, ha ha ha! OH WELL... I'll just start again tomorrow... Damn that Krispy Kreme!"

Well, here's what I want you to think about the next time you are having this kind of day. Let's say you just got home from grocery shopping and you are putting away a dozen eggs. You have a special fridge container for 'em so you are taking 'em out of their carton and putting them into the container one at a time. YOU DROP THE FIRST ONE.... SPLATTTT it goes on the kitchen floor! Oh man, you just dropped an egg! One egg! OK, well, might as well ditch the rest of em, I mean, you already dropped ONE so why bother putting the rest carefully away, right? Instead, I want you to take the rest of the eggs, one or two or 6 at a time and SLAM 'EM DOWN TO YOUR KITCHEN FLOOR! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLATTTTT!!!!! MIght as well, right? I mean, you've already blown your day by dropping one, might as well destroy the rest 'cause you can always get another dozen tomorrow!

How does this relate to your healthy eating and weight loss goals? The PRIMARY GOAL each and EVERY day is to NEVER START with giving in to tempting foods, right? Of course it is! But every once in a while, EVERYONE HERE will eat something they will regret later. So, next time this happens to you, the next time you "drop an egg", PLEASE treat the rest of the eggs carefully and get them safely in the fridge. Meaning, treat the rest of your day carefully and get back on track with your NEXT MEAL, DON'T wait for the next day or the next week!

Onward and downward,

Ice

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." <-- I have that quote as the wallpaper on my phone so it's a great reminder every time I start to even think about going off.

that quote really sucks. REALLY.

it's a very pro-thin pro-anorexia quote.

people just need to be happy with the way they are, if you want a cinnamon bun go eat one.. but don't eat one every day. keep it in moderation, if you dont eat it you will end up binging.. if you do eat it. so what? you'll work it out during the rest of the week with proper diet and exercise.

be happy.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat it! I lost weight this morning and it was totally worth it! :)

Your will power is stronger than mine. Now when I want a naughty snack tomorrow I will think of you and you can be my inspiration.

Thanks
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My Grandma has a magnet on her fridge with that "Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels" saying on it.

If you want to resist Cinnabon, watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXuY8rK3kTw&amp;feature=relmfu

Then after you watch this video, know that there is a 98% chance this is what happened to the chickens who laid the eggs that are in that Cinnabon.

And also, think about eggs being chickens periods. Thats kinda gross too.