Morning Rant....

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
....I strongly dislike brussels sprouts! They are very bitter! I don't even like them with butter. And eating a veggie covered in butter sort of negates the purpose of said veggie. I like all other veggies, but this particular one, I do not like to eat.

Also, spoiled milk tastes bad! I found that out this morning.

Sorry if this offended anyone. Just had to rant.

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I with you! I don't even like the way they look :sick:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I with you! I don't even like the way they look :sick:

Yea, like tiny mutant cabbage.

I do like cabbage, though.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Lol, this year was the first year I ever tried them! I actually like them!! Not all the time, but once in a while they are good.. we even got out 4-year-old eating them!!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I, for one, love Brussel Sprouts! But, Beets....don't get me started. Yuck!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sour milk is an awful way to ruin a morning bowl of cereal. However, sliced and roasted brussel sprouts with some balsamic vinegar and steak spice?? YUM!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Lol, this year was the first year I ever tried them! I actually like them!! Not all the time, but once in a while they are good.. we even got out 4-year-old eating them!!

What a trooper! He/she can have mine.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I love beets, sprouts and olives!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Sour milk is an awful way to ruin a morning bowl of cereal. However, sliced and roasted brussel sprouts with some balsamic vinegar and steak spice?? YUM!

Unfortunately I drank the milk straight. I am lactose intolerant and never drink regular milk, but I was out this morning. I used my roommate's regular milk. It smelled funny, but I have no idea what it's supposed to smell like. So naturally, I took a sip. BLEEEGHGHGHGHGHGHHRRRGHGHGHGGH is the sound I made.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I never liked them until the last 2 years. Try the BABY brussels...they are not near as bitter. I oven roast mine with olive oil , salt, pepper. (not a lot of each is needed).
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I love beets, sprouts and olives!

Yum, yum and yum!

Oops, I mean yum, yuck, and yum!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

I've ruined many bowls of cereal by not checking first.
    Now I always do the date check. Then the smell check before pouring.
    I can't stand to watery milk followed by lumps in my cereal :sick:
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Y'all are crazy! I love those things! Have you ever tried fresh ones oven roasted? That's the best way to eat them. To each their own I guess, more for me. heee hee!
    Although, I'm totally with you on the spoiled milk. gag.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I, for one, love Brussel Sprouts! But, Beets....don't get me started. Yuck!

Yeah, beets are discusting too! :huh: I do like fresh spinach, broccoli, carrots, cabbage etc , so I DO like some veggies:laugh:
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I only eat brussel sprouts once a year- usually around Christmas time. They're not so bad when they're doused in gravy and cranberry sauce.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I never liked them until the last 2 years. Try the BABY brussels...they are not near as bitter. I oven roast mine with olive oil , salt, pepper. (not a lot of each is needed).

The babies...hmmm, I could deal with eating the young of this hideous brussels sprouts creature.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Yes! YUM...
    I tried different variations before I could say that I actually liked them...
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

I've ruined many bowls of cereal by not checking first.
    Now I always do the date check. Then the smell check before pouring.
    I can't stand to watery milk followed by lumps in my cereal :sick:

Oddly enough, the date was July 2! It did look a little funny compared to the non-spoiled milk. Sort of yellow. No chunks though.
  • Rachel925
    Rachel925 Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh I am a Brussels sprout lover after cooking them like this:

Clean the cabbage up and cut into halves. Toss in a little bit of olive oil and then bake in the o(en. About 350 for 15 min. Delicacies!!! Try this my friend!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Did you ever see grumpy old men, Walter Matthau pours out a glass of chunky milk YUCK he saids "smells ok" haha gross
  • anbuckmaster
    anbuckmaster Posts: 51 Member
    Options

that sounds soo good! I will have to try it.

PS take the milk back to the grocery store you got it from. usually they dont need a receipt and they will just let you get a new carton