Morning Rant....

Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My three and four year old love Brussel Sprouts. I had cravings for them during my last pregnancy, but now they invoke the gag reflex before they even hit my mouth. The larger they are though, the more bitter they are.
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    If it smells, don't drink it!! Hahahahahahaha
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Sour milk is an awful way to ruin a morning bowl of cereal. However, sliced and roasted brussel sprouts with some balsamic vinegar and steak spice?? YUM!

that sounds soo good! I will have to try it.

PS take the milk back to the grocery store you got it from. usually they dont need a receipt and they will just let you get a new carton

Oops....I threw it out...with a vengeance.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Sour milk is an awful way to ruin a morning bowl of cereal. However, sliced and roasted brussel sprouts with some balsamic vinegar and steak spice?? YUM!

I never would have thought to add brussel sprouts, balsamic vinegar and steak spice to my cereal. :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    If it smells, don't drink it!! Hahahahahahaha

Hahah, I know now!

Last time I smelled 2% milk it smelled funky, but my bf said if it was spoiled I wouldn't be able to just sniff it and not vomit. So I sniffed the fat free and it smelled funky too, but I didn't vom, so I figured I had to taste-test it.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Sprouts yuck...no matter how they are done. I worked in a school and the kids called them big green......ah best not!

Off milk...truly gross, the smell is enough to have me rushing to talk to Huey on the big white telephone

Pickled beetroot is ok at a push but not a fan
  • heidisuzannebuehler
    Options
    I don't mind brussel sprouts but PEAS make me gag! i don't even make my kids eat them! Yuck!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Sprouts yuck...no matter how they are done. I worked in a school and the kids called them big green......ah best not!

Off milk...truly gross, the smell is enough to have me rushing to talk to Huey on the big white telephone

Pickled beetroot is ok at a push but not a fan

Big green....boogers? Testicles? I could see either one.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Ok...

So a way I like to do sprouts is to separate all the leaves (pull them off like a lettuce) and then sautee them with little bits of bacon and onion - add some garlic and chilli if you like.

The taste really nice :)

H :)
  • soundjunkie
    soundjunkie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cruciferous vegetables, including Brussles, Cabbage, Broccoli and Cauliflower. Either boiled, steamed or roasted with EVOO salt and pepper ALL GOOD!

Here's a great recipe to work into your rotation.....Thinly slice half a small head of cabbage, put in large pot with a little olive oil and sprinkle with Seasoned salt and pepper, cover and simmer till tender and add diced lean ham and just a very small amount of pasta of your choice - 1/2 cup cooked. I'll make you all a believer yet! Yesterday I tried riced and steamed cauliflower - OMG! Better than white rice! I'm throwing out my rice!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I, for one, love Brussel Sprouts! But, Beets....don't get me started. Yuck!

This.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    This is very offensive!!!! How dare you publicly insult brussel sprouts like this?!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Ok...

So a way I like to do sprouts is to separate all the leaves (pull them off like a lettuce) and then sautee them with little bits of bacon and onion - add some garlic and chilli if you like.

The taste really nice :)

H :)

I can decapitate them! Mwuahahaha!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    This is very offensive!!!! How dare you publicly insult brussel sprouts like this?!

I think brussel sprouts are jerks! With their littleness and their greenness and their funny taste.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Decapitate and taste! :D
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

Big green....boogers? Testicles? I could see either one.

The first one...gotta love 6 year olds!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I, for one, love Brussel Sprouts! But, Beets....don't get me started. Yuck!

Beets taste like dirt. Enough said. RANT complete.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I shred them and sauté them with some diced onion and bacon. yum.
    Eating fat with veggies doesn't negate them at all.
    It's beneficial actually.
    If you don't want to eat bacon, use smoked paprika instead and sauté with evoo.
    They're pretty yummy this way.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My mom always made brussel sprouts, the smell of them cooking made me sick
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    MMM...Brussel sprouts. I always boil mine with a bit of smoked ham in the water. I cook them the same way I cook any type of greens. The ham gives them the smoky flavor and adds a bit of fat but not too much unless you are drinking the water (and that would be pretty gross). I will have to try the other ways mentioned here. The one with bacon and onions sounds good. One slice of bacon never hurt anyone just dont eat the whole slab!