Losing weight and lifting.

Options
2»

Replies

• jms11416
    jms11416 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im normally 200-300= calories under even after i work out & eat dinner.... im not hungry plus it's late after i work out so is it ok to be a bit under
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'd extend your cardio or lump it all together so that you're getting 45 - 60 minutes at a time instead of 2 sessions of 30 or a session of 15. Also, make sure you're eating your burn and take a good look at what you're eating to decrease additives and process and promote whole and raw foods.

NO, NO, NO...cardio over 30 minutes burns muscle for fuel. Not what I'd suggest. 30 minute resistance and 30 minute cardio is perfect. I'd eliminate the later run unless like I said, you're not in starvation mode.

I'm curious about the research on this. I did some googling and mostly what came up was inconclusive support (saying that this is simply not true or that it only applys if the workouts are super intense), the magic number of 45 minutes, one man's blog, and your comments on other threads. If you have a reliable source I'd like to see it. I mean, I don't bust my *kitten* bumping my weights up so just to have my body eat my work, kwim? So if I'm looking in all the wrong places I'd like to know where to find the right places.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'd extend your cardio or lump it all together so that you're getting 45 - 60 minutes at a time instead of 2 sessions of 30 or a session of 15. Also, make sure you're eating your burn and take a good look at what you're eating to decrease additives and process and promote whole and raw foods.

NO, NO, NO...cardio over 30 minutes burns muscle for fuel. Not what I'd suggest. 30 minute resistance and 30 minute cardio is perfect. I'd eliminate the later run unless like I said, you're not in starvation mode.

I'm curious about the research on this. I did some googling and mostly what came up was inconclusive support (saying that this is simply not true or that it only applys if the workouts are super intense), the magic number of 45 minutes, one man's blog, and your comments on other threads. If you have a reliable source I'd like to see it. I mean, I don't bust my *kitten* bumping my weights up so just to have my body eat my work, kwim? So if I'm looking in all the wrong places I'd like to know where to find the right places.

This is something Bodybuilders have known for years. They do very little cardio unless cutting big time. I've read this in magazines like Muscle & Fitness, Mens Health as well as on Bodybuilding.com. I'll try to send you some links.
    I used to be cardio crazy and a personal trainer also told me if I was trying to build muscle I needed to keep my cardio under 30 minutes 2-3 days a week. That kinda sucked to hear because I liked my 6-8 miles runs. Now I don't run more than 30 minutes at a time but at least I'm doing 4+ miles in that time.