July Century plus cycling challenge

Options
Ok all you cylists, look at your calendars; July is about to start. It's time to make a personal goal: How many miles will you commit to riding this month? 100, 200, more????? Personally, I have to overcome my injury and the heat that's about to hit SoCal. I can't ride the number of miles I usually do until I am healed more, but I am not making it easy on myself. I will shoot for 200 cycled miles again in July. It might be tough to get there, but if it wasn't, it wouldn't be a challenge.

Post your goal,come back periodically, and let us know your progress.

exercise.png

Replies

• GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    i dont have a bike :(
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! I'll start with 100, since most of my riding is on mountain trails, which take longer! :)
  • hatchhome
    hatchhome Posts: 65
    Options
    Mine will be 200 only because I cant bike on days I work because I work a 24 hour shift. Thanks for the challenge. how do i get the tracker?
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    OK I am in. My goal will be 200 miles. This is just what I needed to get me back on my bike. Let me know how I check in.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Mine will be 200 only because I cant bike on days I work because I work a 24 hour shift. Thanks for the challenge. how do i get the tracker?

I just went to tickerfactory.com and set mine up. Not sure how to update it yet though? :D
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oh my....can't decide if I want to do this. I really want to, but it was 101 here on Tuesday.

So....thanks for the invitation, but think I'll pass (although I really need to do it).

Good luck everyone.
  • prichards
    prichards Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in for 400 miles just tell me how to check in.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Im in for 100.

blk-exercise.png
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm in and determined to make the 300 miles I tried for this month. Even though I do have vacation this month and will not be able to ride for a week... I plan to start strong this month, since I think my lazy start to last month set the tone for the whole challenge for me. Will reset my ticker when I get home tonight!
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    OK I am in. My goal will be 200 miles. This is just what I needed to get me back on my bike. Let me know how I check in.

Bretto welcome to the group and all others joining. You don't have to have the tracker you can just post your miles here each ride.

I am on the border line of making the 400 for June 35 miles short so put me down for 500 July. And remember people, heat waves in a lot of places. Take extra water and don't push yourself. Dropping back a few miles per hour won't hurt you one bit.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    My next Tri isn't until September so that means lots of training. I'm going to shoot for 300 miles.
  • Bretto
    Options
    Ok I have created my ticker, now how do I add it to my MFP profile?
  • Bretto
    Options
    I think I figured out how to add the new ticker. Now lets see if it worked....nope it didn't I will have to try another way.

Finally figured it out. have to use the bbCode not the HTML code.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think I figured out how to add the new ticker. Now lets see if it worked....nope it didn't I will have to try another way.

Copy and paste the code onto your signature or you actual forum post.
  • gwynh
    gwynh Posts: 160
    Options
    My goal is ZERO. Hiking instead on vacation through South Dakota, Yellowstone, Colorado, and possibly the Grand Canyon (not the path down, I would never make it back up).

Enjoy cycling. I'll join the August challenge.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    My goal is ZERO. Hiking instead on vacation through South Dakota, Yellowstone, Colorado, and possibly the Grand Canyon (not the path down, I would never make it back up).

Enjoy! I'm originally from South Dakota.
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. Goal is 100.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

Hope you have fun hiking. I love that too :-)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My goal is 100 miles. I'll bike on the stationary bikes at the gym. It's already in the 100s here in OK! Thanks for the challenge!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Hey Gwyn if you are headed this way you should include Glacier in my neck of the woods... not too far north of Yellowstone...
    they are working hard to clear the road from the heavy winter snowpack, and in the meantime, the road is open to cyclists and hikers on the weekends, as far as you can get before the snow.
    Right now you can get to the Weeping Wall and the Big Bend (google it)
    5884127561_0eac71f4ff_z.jpg
    Going-to-the-Sun Road - June 28, 2011, Rim Rock by glaciernps, on Flickr