Running = gut shrinking ... just me?

Options
13»

Replies

• JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    I would love to know the answer because I thought about running in the near future once my weight gets down a little...it's so hard for me to run now cause my calves seem to be on fire after a few minutes..../quote]

JRena-

I started jogging a couple of months ago when i started exercising. I weighed 230 pounds at that point.

I just wanted to let you know that for probably the first month or so, my calves were on fire and I had much discomfort in my shins. I just kept going and pushed past it because I didn't really feel like the pain was injury type pain. I am slow. When I started jogging I was barely at 3.5 mph, but it was still jogging, and I tried not to focus on my speed. Here it is 4 months later and I can run a 5K at 4.1 mph. The longest distance for me so far is 3.5 miles.

I just want to encourage you that if you want to run, start. I think many times it's a mental block. My sister is in incredible shape. She is thin and strong and can outclimb me on any hike like I was standing still, but she can't run. Now I believe there is no way on this earth that she is not physically able to run, but she can't make herself go past a minute or two

Start slow, and think about your goals. When i wanted to stop, I thought of this quote: "Think about what you want, not about what you want right now"

You can do it! Good luck!

thank you for the encouragement....I think I will try a light job on the treadmill today...I usually do intervals of 2.8 and then 3.5 but I can only do it for my 2 intervals and i'm done lol...
  • stacymariegurl
    Options
    Great information in reply to this post. I feel like I may need to take up a running habit soon.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!! Since i have started c25k i have noticed my stomach is becoming flat and i still have loads more weeks to go.
    I am loving it. So get the trainers on and run forest run.........