Goal #3 20 year reunion ACCOMPLISHED!

jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
Well, had the reunion this weekend. And it was a success! My friend even overheard someone say that I should get "most changed since high school"! And all my friends kept calling me "skinny *****" all night! And one person (who I didn't think would recognize me) said "yeah, I remember you, how'd you get so skinny? JEN!" hahaha, I felt fantastic (my feet didn't by the end of the night, darn high heels) (gotta suffer to be beautiful!)
And I was so worried about the ex being there, and you know what, he was skinny, his hairline was crooked, making his head look oddly shaped (LOL) and his adam's apple was making him look like the vulture from Bugs Bunny! And my husband said his wife looked like a witch from the side! LOLhahahaha!
Here's a couple of photos from last night, one from high school and one from a year ago!

CIMG1443-1.jpg

CIMG1444-1.jpg

(I'm the one on the left)

Untitled-1.jpg

AND THIS WAS ME A YEAR AGO

me-1.jpg

Replies

• jenbar
    Well, had the reunion this weekend. And it was a success! My friend even overheard someone say that I should get "most changed since high school"! And all my friends kept calling me "skinny *****" all night! And one person (who I didn't think would recognize me) said "yeah, I remember you, how'd you get so skinny? JEN!" hahaha, I felt fantastic (my feet didn't by the end of the night, darn high heels) (gotta suffer to be beautiful!)
    And I was so worried about the ex being there, and you know what, he was skinny, his hairline was crooked, making his head look oddly shaped (LOL) and his adam's apple was making him look like the vulture from Bugs Bunny! And my husband said his wife looked like a witch from the side! LOLhahahaha!
    Here's a couple of photos from last night, one from high school and one from a year ago!

CIMG1443-1.jpg

CIMG1444-1.jpg

(I'm the one on the left)

Untitled-1.jpg

AND THIS WAS ME A YEAR AGO

me-1.jpg
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Jen! You look so great!!! You look better now than you did in high school.

(and my husband just stopped by and said 'she's hot' when he saw your pic :wink: )
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Well done, you! You look fantastic!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    WOW! Great job!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Jen, you look absolutely fantastic!!! :drinker:

You are such an inspiration to us all. Continued success and many blessings!!!

Theresa :flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    Jen! You look so great!!! You look better now than you did in high school.

(and my husband just stopped by and said 'she's hot' when he saw your pic :wink: )

LOL hahahah!
    Watch out CP.... here I come hubby! :smokin: :laugh: :blushing: woo hoo! j.k.
    Thanks. Even my girlfriends noticed that my attitude has changed too (not as grumpy as I use to be) and have a lighter, happier attitude towards life!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    You look great!!!!!!!!!
  • wow congratulations you are an inspiration to me you look awesome that is truly sweet
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Jenbar, you look absolutely gorgeous-congratulations on all your success!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Awesome, my 20 year will be here July 2009.
    I am cracking down hard. I have started setting mini goals for my self now.
    Trying to loose 20 lbs by 11-30-08.
    Then in December, I will set a new one.

It is so hard. When I was in High School, I was barely over 100 lbs.
  • jenbar
    Awesome, my 20 year will be here July 2009.
    I am cracking down hard. I have started setting mini goals for my self now.
    Trying to loose 20 lbs by 11-30-08.
    Then in December, I will set a new one.

It is so hard. When I was in High School, I was barely over 100 lbs.

Don't worry about it! It will come off. Slowly but surely. I started in January, thinking I would have lost waaaay less by now, but I could only average about a pound a week. You'll do great and look fabulous!
    And you know what.... most of the girls looked pretty much the same. Some had maybe 15-20 pounds more than in HS, but after having children, and you're body changing, it's bound to happen. The guys on the other hand, we're either bald or fat! I have to say, that 1 guy looked pretty much the same. But mostly the girls had it over the men!
    YOU CAN DO IT! After thinking about it, I really didn't set weight goals, but more trying to lose as much as I could by each goal. And then losing more for the next goal looking better each time. As long as I kept losing SOMETHING I was happy! Don't get hung up on the numbers.
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    You are so super cute!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Wow!! You look great!! Congrats on your hard work and for being made to feel so wonderful about yourself! You deserve it girl!
  • jenbar
    You are so super cute!
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    awwww shucks!
    thanks so much!
  • WOW!! You sure have inspired me today!!!

You look fantastic. Keep it up.:happy: :happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy: :happy:
  • Vilma
    Vilma Posts: 23 Member
    OMG, mine is next year!!! I completely forgot about that until I saw your post! I need to get with the program, thanks for the reminder, you look STUNNING!!!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Your success is inspiring. My start weight was similar to yours, and its cool to see how awesome you look at your current weight.:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    WoW, WoW, WoW

You look sooo gooooood Jen

:flowerforyou:

44118.png
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    0002025D.gif
  • jenbar
    Thank you everyone! :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Keep up the work, it WILL pay off in the long run! I still have a little ways to go, but I know that I will get there some day! I don't want to put too much pressure on myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!