Do you allow yourself to eat sweets??

Options

Replies

• l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    So just wondering how many people allow themselves sweets if it fits within their cals, carbs, sugar and fat? If you do, how often and how much success have you had in your weight loss?

Not often, but I do. I just dont have much of a sweet tooth....I gained weight because I like to eat things like butter, etc...never really much for sweets at all. But if I get a sweet tooth, I'll eat some flavored yogurt or a juice popsicle or something. Maybe once or twice a week. I still save myself a cheat day once a month or so, mainly so my wife and I can go out to eat (which we LOOOVEEE to do, and I feel bad that my dieting kinda takes that away from her...we used to eat out 4 or 5 nights a week). On those days, I may actually share a tiramisu or creme brule with a glass of port and say to hell with the calories...but that's not something I do very often at all.

I've gone from 305 in December, to 229 yesterday.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I can still taste my fro yo 2:30 snack. Yum . . .
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I eat a skinny cow ice cream a few times a week and once in a while if I want some candy I get a individual size bag of pretzel m&m's
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I love my sweet!!! But if I start eating ice cream then its hard for me to stop so what works for me is buy alternatives to what I love. Like skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and fresh fruit with Redi Whip...yummy!!!!!! Oh yea! Weight Watchers has some damn good Key Lime Pie and Strawberry Shortcake.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't allow myself to have sweets. I might take a small taste here and there but very rarely. In fact, over the past 30 days I haven't had any sweets, and this morning I ate rice chex for breakfast - something I'd normally put sugar on, and it actually tasted a little sweet without adding sugar. I think cutting them out has allowed me to start tasting natural sweetness in things. I don't have any cravings for them anymore either. I do sometimes have some sugar-free jello in the evening when I want something for a snack.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    In moderation.love my sweets
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would be a miserable person if I didn't get the occasional chocolate fix! I keep a bag of hersheys kisses in the house. They are only 22 calories a piece and having one or two will satisfy my craving without doing alot of damage.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I eat sweets, and I have decided that if I am to have sweets, then it will be REAL. Diet sweets totally defeats the purpose. I am doing this as a lifestyle change, my tastebuds however still know the diff. between sweets, and that otehr stuff! LOL

For everyday sweet cravings, I enjoy low fat vanilla yogurt and strawberries. This is sooo decadent. I swear it feels like you are doign something wrong. But not really. :)

For a real sweet tooth, I will have regulation size snack. I am a fan of weighing and measuring everything, so as long as it fits and doesnt activate the 'binge mode' then I'm fine. I also try and do a little more physical activity to kinda 'balance' things out.

good luck!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Yes - in moderation. Well I try to only have them in moderation - Im not perfect though and sometimes I have more than I should. (like today)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I have the big dessert of my choice. During the week, I eat skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, Quaker DIPP chocolate chip granola bars, or sugar free jello.
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    Candy or puddings?

I used to eat a lots of chewy sweets (candies), by the bagloads, but since calorie counting I don't really want to as just one or two doesn't sate that need to just chomp through and go on a big sugar high.

I don't eat as much chocolate as I did, but don't deprive myself. I eat less of it, but as often as I desire (just within allowance, and usually I'd prefer something filling).

Puddings - I still occasionally have ice cream. Sorbets or frozen yoghurt are a great lower-fat alternative, but I will also have a fully creamy deluxe ice cream if I want - just not half a tub like I once would've! A couple of scoops is plenty.

I have cut down a lot on the habitual buying of packaged desserts, packed full of fat and sugar. As yummy as they are, there's zero nutritional value, and while I'm counting, it just doesn't seem worth it. They're not banned, though, and will have if eating out. I just don't buy for at home so much.

Fruit has become the go-to thing for sugar fix, as it at least gives some vitamin content as well as pleasure.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Well, after hearing everyones opinion and seeing that you can still lose weight and eat sweets, I will def keep sweets in my life, just in moderation! Thanks for everyones replies!! :DD
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    So just wondering how many people allow themselves sweets if it fits within their cals, carbs, sugar and fat? If you do, how often and how much success have you had in your weight loss?

I eat sweets almost everyday whether it's a fun-size treat or a "healthy" treat like a fiber one bar, or vanilla protein shake. or a pack of cookies (vending machine famous amos are m downfall, lol)

enjoy your food, eat a treat every now and again like the super small {less that a pint icecreams}, eat well, exercise, drink your water, the equation should equal sweet tooth satisfaction, less binging or none at all, and WEIGHT LOSS!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - usually once or twice a week. I have a cheat meal once a week and almost always have a piece of cheesecake. I might allow myself a chocolate bar as well but only if I'm really craving it. I have a rule with myself - if I REALLY want it and I'm not over my cals for the day then I'll have it but it took me a while to learn when I really wanted something instead of just fancied it!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    When I started i told myself I was NOT giving up all junk food, It just doesn't work for me. I allow myself snacks. I love sugar free jello and pudding, that is helpful. But what I recommend, and do myself. Is buy a bag of mini bite size candy bars and freeze em, then you feel that nitch, grab ONE. . it helps me! but I only grab ONE. . .doesn't work for everyone. .

that's smart, and i find that frozen treats take longer to eat. this lady i sit for froze m&m's and it took me like 10minutes vs. 2-3 to eat a small bag of them, lol
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Well, after hearing everyones opinion and seeing that you can still lose weight and eat sweets, I will def keep sweets in my life, just in moderation! Thanks for everyones replies!! :DD

I always joke around with my husband that I lost 25 pounds to become a size 2 eating ice cream (sugar free klondikes) and drinking wine.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. There is no way I am not going to eat sweets, although I prefer something with fruit now instead of candy bars which are loaded with sugar. If I want dessert after dinner, I have it, but only eat 1/4 of it - I get my sweet craving out of my system, and leftovers I can freeze. :happy:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Almost every day! Just had a big dish of frozen yogurt. I have to have ice cream fairly often. Take away cookies, cake, etc but I need my ice cream.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Every single day I have dessert. it is always a skinny cow ice cream of some sort but I include in my daily calorie allotment. This has really helped me stay on track.
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    My fiance bought me a bag of dark chocolate hersheys nuggets with almonds. Mhen i get a craving i have one or two in the evening as a reward (depending on how my calories are at the end of the day). I have not had a problem only limiting myself to that amount. The dark chocolate is good for me too!!