how do I trim my thighs?

Options
So, anyone have any suggestions on how I can trim my thighs down... they are HUGE. I am fat but they were even big when I was 120 lbs in highschool... EVEN when I was on the swim team. does the eliptical machine help much with them.

Replies

• ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    try a razor?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Power Yoga! If you don't have a class near you the Jillian Michaels DVD is really good and only $8 at Target.

You also cannot spot-target a problem area. But something like Power Yoga is a good full-body workout and very good for you. :)
  • bassettmama
    bassettmama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Strength training. I have always always hated my thighs until I started doing Jillian Michael's DVD's (primarily the 30 Day Shred, but I also do Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and Ripped in 30). Now I love my thighs for the first time ever :)
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Walking or running on a daily basis will definitely slim your thighs down!:) That or have you tried the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?? I'm only on day 10 and I've lost a half an inch per thigh!:) I hope this helps! God bless:)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Q: "how do I trim my thighs?"

A: "Run fast for your mother run fast for your father
    Run for your children for your sisters and brothers
    Leave all your love and your longing behind you
    Can't carry it with you if you want to survive"

seriously, though, couch to 5k took 10 inches off each my thighs.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    bump!!! I have asked this question many, many, many times. all the trainers I have ever asked seem like there is not a way to target them specifically. but have had a few tell me that added sprints while jogging will help trim them down. but, I can't wait to see what others have to say!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio...jog, run, walk in intervals. It reallly trimmed them up! :bigsmile:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    try a razor?

damn, someone beat me to what i was going to say lol
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    Power Yoga! If you don't have a class near you the Jillian Michaels DVD is really good and only $8 at Target.

You also cannot spot-target a problem area. But something like Power Yoga is a good full-body workout and very good for you. :)

cool!! wish I would have seen this on Monday. was in Abilene which is my closest target. may be a few months before I go back, but I will get it. will check walmart too!!!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the 30DS. I only did it 5 times before i hurt my shoulder (unrelated) and I had lost .25 inches off each thigh
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    Haha very funny... not... if you dont have a serious answer then dont post... it is rude.
  • libragj
    libragj Posts: 12
    Options
    I was a swimmer in high school too but only running trimmed my thighs. I also use the thigh weight machines at the gym.
    :smile:
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    While you can't spot lose fat in specific places, you can improve the condition and look of the muscle.
    My legs started looking amazing after I did C25K (now on B210K) and got seriously into cycling the hilly 15 mile round trip to work and back.

I'm never going to have super-slim thighs, but their continuously improving shape and strength is a source of surprisingly great joy to me.
  • angelaclev
    Options
    thanks everyone that gave a REAL answer it really helped. I will give the sprints a shot today at the gym and I will lok for those DVDs at walmart or target.
  • angelaclev
    Options
    thanks this helped out alot... so maybe if I use the bikes at the gym?
  • StrengthCoach0702
    StrengthCoach0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Eat less, Move more.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Haha very funny... not... if you dont have a serious answer then dont post... it is rude.

Awww, they were not trying to be rude at all! Nothing is wrong with posting a lighthearted comment!
  • angelaclev
    Options
    if it any less then I will be eating nothing... and I go to the gym everyday... I eat healthy also...
  • Onesnap
    Options

cool!! wish I would have seen this on Monday. was in Abilene which is my closest target. may be a few months before I go back, but I will get it. will check walmart too!!!

You're most welcome! Glad to help! I was looking for a DVD to take along when I travel for work and don't have time to hit the gym. :)
  • angelaclev
    Options
    sorry i just didnt thik it was that funny... but I guess different people have different opinions... I just wanted a seruois answer...not a joke.