Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Last night I was home alone and thought I should finish a bottle of white that was in the fridge but then I opened another. I might have a problem stopping at just one, but that's why we're here, right?

About sums it up :smile:
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Last night I was home alone and thought I should finish a bottle of white that was in the fridge but then I opened another. I might have a problem stopping at just one, but that's why we're here, right?

Since I can bottle my own beer, we bought these 1ltr bottles.. Now I can say I just had one bottle >:)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Robin, you crack me up...

I decided not to go to the game tonight. I have too much stuff to do around here today and tomorrow. The laundry piles grow and festers.

So, tonight will probably be a big, fat ZERO. I'm all talk right now, wait until the sun goes down...
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Holding off tonight as well even though the boyfriend will be at work very late. We received our new white wine and champagne glasses yesterday so I can't wait to have another weekend just us where we have drinks and watch movies :smile:

I seem to go through these phases with drinking where I can get to the point where I have a great buzz and then I slow down so I don't have a massive hangover the next day, or if I do drink a lot, I make sure I have my tons of water before bed so that I skip the hangover and then there are the times where I have some drinks and then just go "meh, why not have another ... and another and another"

Gotta work on this, starting with no more vodka for awhile, back to my wine and champagne :drinker: Oh and measuring again. I noticed when I was keeping track of the calories in the drinks and saw how many drinks were adding up, it was easier to control it.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes,

Just popping in for a quick hello. After 2 lushy weeks something's clicked again and I'm getting on track with my food and I haven't had any alcohol since Saturday night. I even gave away the beers that were chilling in my fridge! :noway: There's still a bottle of wine chilling and seeing as I only have 2 more days at work before I'm off on 3 weeks leave I might have to celebrate this weekend, gotta check out how the carbs fit in first though!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Well abstaining for 11 days was going great but I am up a lb from yesterday. Hoping it is just whatever is giving me this abdominal pain messing with my weigh in and it gets fixed soon. Though it could take up to a week to get the results back from the ultrasound. I am dreading being prodded whilst needing to pee today, immensely. :frown: Hopefully it is my IBS playing up or something and not my ovary causing the pain. Excited it is nearly the weekend, as Saturday night I plan to get very lushy. :bigsmile:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread... I knew I like MFP for a reason!!!

I've been a member of a dart league that shoots out of a different bar every Monday night and we have an open tournament every Friday night. That has led to a little more libations than I typically have been used to. The first couple seasons were bad, but now I'll have only a couple on any given night.

Besides darts, I also brew my own beer... Luckily though I usually split the 2 cases with my dad so I don't have to drink both cases before I can bottle another batch :D

In in effort to cut down my drinking, I have put darts on hold this season and have cut down going to the Friday night tournaments to just once or twice a month. As I won't drink liqueur I have switched to MGD64 as my bar beer. Not that bad, but not so good that I'll have a bunch when I do go out...

This week has been good:
    S - 0
    S - 0
    M - 0
    T - 0

One more thing, I'm always looking for MFP friends, so add me if you like!

Skol!
    My husband and i did pool league for a while and had the same problem... we downed our beer like it was water then we'd have to finish the night with whiskey. I think that was a huge part of my gain-back after losing weight for our wedding. I tried MGD64, it wasn't bad (I drink light anyway) but damn bottle beer is soooo expensive! I can get a well drink for the same price if not cheaper so I go for vodka/soda with lime when we go out now (unless whiskey gets to me first:devil: )

Good luck with your weight loss journey and welcome to the Lushes!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    BUMP

And - I'm using you guys as motivation to help me be ok with some drinking while trying to loose weight! My husband and I enjoy a few drinks, (or alot) from time to time....I'm hoping that cutting down to zero during the week and not going nuts on the weekend will help with the 30 lbs i've gained in the last year
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Gotta work on this, starting with no more vodka for awhile, back to my wine and champagne :drinker: Oh and measuring again. I noticed when I was keeping track of the calories in the drinks and saw how many drinks were adding up, it was easier to control it.

It is really easy to get sloppy on vodka at home...I don't even keep it in the house. I don't like light beer, either. I do red or white wine, and use a measuring cup...or my favorite beers (Stella and Tecate - Tecate is low in cals/carbs imo at 146 cals and 4 carbs and doesn't taste like crap.)

jj1983 -- I have been drinking and losing. I only have one or two, and aim for two days with no drinks and very, very rarely ever go over in cals. If you know you will be having a wild night, get a good workout in in the morning, have healthy lower cal meals for breakfast and lunch, and workout the next day....I am no expert, but it has worked for me. I think booze is like all delicious things; one must use moderation. A lot of people will say that you shouldn't drink at all while you diet, but then I would have a hard time maintaining the lifestyle change...

here are two articles I found if anyone is interested:
    http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Health-Fitness/Alcohol-and-Calories-Does-Drinking-Cause-Weight-Gain
    http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/alcohol.htm

I had 0 on Monday, 1 Stella, last night 12 oz (2 glasses) of red....
    Wed is usual weigh in day -- only dropped the half pound, so I re-checked today; down 1.5 from last Wed....
  • faithikins
    Options
    So I lasted a long time, off the wagon tonight, mostly to try and ease the pain in my side. My brain thinks if I drink it will miraculously disappear in the morning. :bigsmile:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

YAY me, haha!!! I'm so impressed with myself, aren't I :laugh: I have to admit I am looking forward to having a nice beer tomorrow night, but I think that will be it....well maybe a cocktail too, we'll see.

Saturday, I have taken the role of DD, so I shouldn't go too over calories!!!

Hope everyone enjoys their day!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    MOnday -0
    Tuesday -0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - ?

BBQ with work friends tonight. Will probably have a few beets (thus it is a high carb day!)
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Thought I would check in.

Sunday - 1 vodka/tonic
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - ?
    Saturday - going to a wine tasting where we will be sampling 9 different Italian wines paired with cheeses and chocolates...YUM! I :heart: wine school.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Thought I would check in.

Sunday - 1 vodka/tonic
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - ?
    Saturday - going to a wine tasting where we will be sampling 9 different Italian wines paired with cheeses and chocolates...YUM! I :heart: wine school.

Wine school sounds awesome!!! Jealous, have an awesome time :smile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Hello Lushes. :drinker:

I have been hiding out big time and have missed you all dearly.

I hope all is well. :flowerforyou:

I need to get back on track with holding my lushiness accountable. :embarassed:

I've had 0 this week...unless you count cough syrup. :laugh:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Well didn't make it until Friday with 0's.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday -0
    Wednesday - technically 0
    Thursday - so far 1 glass of wine.

I felt fantastic yesterday so I cleaned and organized the boyfriends closet and after an hour long stationary bike ride and shower, I tackled our (more his) home office. Took 3 hours but it looks amazing now =] after that I fed all the fur babies and sliced my finger open on one of the cat food cans. After that it was after 1 o' clock and the boyfriend still wasn't home from his one of many late nights so I decided to have a glass of wine. Of course after I poured it and went up to bandage my finger, boyfriend got home. So, I took my glass up to bed, only had the one glass and slept like a baby :smile: The last couple days have been a sort of wake up (again) for me and healthy lifestyle business. I've been starting my day with a huge plate of fruit and where I know fruit has a lot of sugar and carbs, they are all natural and honestly give me the most amazing energy without a crash or the weighed down feeling other forms of carbs give me. That along with veggies, lean protein and lot of water and my body feels back on track. I think it'll help with controlling how much alcohol I do have when I decide to have it :smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday= 2 drinks
    Tuesday= 3 drinks
    Wednesday= 2 drinks
    Thursday= might grill some steaks and have some wine tonight.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    So I lasted a long time, off the wagon tonight, mostly to try and ease the pain in my side. My brain thinks if I drink it will miraculously disappear in the morning. :bigsmile:

your body was probably rebelling to the lack of lushness ;)
    Really, though.... I hope you feel better! Good for you to go 11 days -- I don't think I could. I was a HUGE lush last winter, both figuratively and literally....so I am pretty happy with my 1 or 2 days with zeros as long as I can keep it to under 2 for the majority of the days I drink. School/work starting back up usually piles on the pressure, though....At least I know how many calories I have to burn to drink my two glasses of wine and not go over cals now :)
  • faithikins
    Options
    bah humbug, pain is still there. Getting lushy was great fun as always though. :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I drank a bit last night because my phone was stolen. I was pissed off. got my replacement today so it is okay. I hate having to get it all back to the way it was but you gotta do what you gotta do.