Any runners up for 150 miles in July?

Options

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    3 miles run today. :)
    update ticker below

Next couple days will be rest days... much needed ones.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    just under 4 miles along the beautiful promenade in Nice. Bit too hot for a long run even early in the morning though. Ive never seen so many runners in my life, outside races. people even running at midday :glasses: crazy
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Updated my ticker... going to be REALLY tough for me to make it with resting for the race along with vacation and traveling... but I'll do my best!!! :)

exercise.png
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    14 miles run today :) Updated ticker below!
  • RunnerGirl876
    Options
    33.1 miles so far and another 13 this evening when it's cooled down a bit. :happy:
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    3 miles run today.

Updated ticker below.

Moving right along! :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    3 miles run today.

Updated ticker below.

Moving right along! :)

fab
  • RunnerGirl876
    Options
    My competitive side is kicking in and I'm checking out everyone else's tickers like this is a reeeeally slow 150 mile race.

Must.... stop. :tongue:
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ankle holding up, think I worked out all the muscle soreness from nearly a week off. So going to try an eight mile run tonight.

Nobody told me how quickly the body and endurance fall apart. Was totally shocked at how difficult my first runs back were. Ok, the first was great, think I went out to fast. Because after that my muscles just hurt and it sucked!

Wish me luck, I have some serious work to do if I am going to be ready for that race at the end of the month, let alone meeting 150 miles.
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    According to Jack Daniels, here are the fitness losses that happen when you take off:

Up to 5 days — no loss
    7 days off — 0.6%
    14 days off — 2.7%
    21 days off — 4.8%
    28 days off (one month) — 6.9%
    56 days (two months) — 15.3%

Although it's hard to get back, you lost minimal fitness. You just need to jumpstart things again. I bet it doesn't take long at all for you to feel your best again! :)
  • corsayre8
    Options
    Hey Bunches,

Thanks for the insight. Not sure why the mental block in regrds to those first runs. Today was awesome, even caught myself with that silly, joyous smile at times. Even the continuous two mile climb out of the canyon was bad, found my legs wanting to run more of it than I have yet :-)
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    Hey Bunches,

Thanks for the insight. Not sure why the mental block in regrds to those first runs. Today was awesome, even caught myself with that silly, joyous smile at times. Even the continuous two mile climb out of the canyon was bad, found my legs wanting to run more of it than I have yet :-)

thats great. Glad your ankle is a bit better now x
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    7 miles run today

updated ticker
  • RunnerGirl876
    Options
    5.6 miler. :smile:
    Everyone's doing awesome. What are everyone's routes like incline-wise? I live on a metaphorical pancake. :grumble:
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    7 more miles....

Updated ticker. :)
  • corsayre8
    Options
    Just joined a trail running group, first run with them was tonight. Not having run with many people,I was nervous, and afraid I would hold them back. It was a practice for the first half of the up coming race on the 31st. Hung out at the back of the group in the beginning. Slowly some of the runner started dropping back. I just kept right on going, and by the end was right on the heels of the front runners. Was a good work out, but by no means do I feel depleted.

Love taking people by surprise, especially myself :-)
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    *like*
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    NIce!
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Ticker not updating. :( up to 37 miles. Not on track for 150.... but maybe I can make up some ground. Also have spartan race next month so don't want to get injured.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    i dont think im gonna make the challenge anymore either. Meant to go for a good run today, but barely slept last night so dont think i can face it.
    With 3 kids, its hard to fit it in, if i miss one opportunity for a run, i dont always know when my next chance will be, and ive got the summer holidays coming up at the end of next week, so will have even less opportunities