I need breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love oats! and have them most mornings in winter (about 140 calories depending on the milk you use)
    I've also found that wholemeal english muffins are great to battle toast cravings! two halves are about 120 calories which is the same as one slice of toast for me so works so much better! :)
    Otherwise you can't go wrongwith fruit!
  • jgdragonfly411
    Options
    Love that smothie recipe. I need to get chocolate protein so I can try it.

Yesterday I had a 3 egg omelette with feta and vegan sausage and it was SO GOOD!
    You can do a lot of things with oatmeal. I have a blog bookmarked with 100 different oatmeal recipes. I'll post it later. I generally make my oatmeal with soy milk, and have my vanilla protein powder and blueberries in it OR I do Starbucks oatmeal with brown sugar fruit and nuts and it makes for a healthy version.
    You could do toast with peanut butter and some fruit (I like grapefruit and grapefruit is supposed to help reduce fat)
    You could do a whole wheat/whole grain english muffin with peanut butter and banana and then some berries on the side.
    Mix up your eggs by having them as omelettes with veggies, feta or gorgonzola, or some meat. I like to add hot sauce to my eggs too.
    I also have two breakfast smoothies I do

Peanut Butter Breakfast Smoothie:
    1 cup skim milk or 1 cup vanilla soy milk (this could be made with almond milk, I mean to try it)
    1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt or plain yogurt
    1 scoop myofusion vanilla protein powder (any vanilla would work)
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    a hand full of ice
    Blend thoroughly

The other one I make is the same but instead of peanut butter I do a handful of slivered almonds and I add 1/2 cup green tea to it. It is SO GOOD, but be forewarned you'll get little bits of almond at the end lol.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Current favourite is natural youghurt (i like soy stuff, but Greek is good), with a small handful of nuts (15g of walnuts) or almonds some seeds (hemp, sunflower, pumpkin), maybe something sweet like berries or some crystallised ginger (high in sugar but you don't need much, chop it up finely). Stir all together and sprinkle with cinnamon for a metabolism boost.

Or Bircher muesli - soak a handful of oats overnight in fruit juice, in the morning grate a whole apple into it, and then add berries, nuts, yoghurt etc as desired.