Replies

• OnlyGrace
    OnlyGrace Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    As a picky eater I am very hesitant. Does it REALLY taste as good as mashed taters?? I need complete honesty here. Always looking at ways to get more veggies in my diet...although with boiling the crud out of cauliflower does it really matter???
  • myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    ,-
    As a picky eater I am very hesitant. Does it REALLY taste as good as mashed taters?? I need complete honesty here. Always looking at ways to get more veggies in my diet...although with boiling the crud out of cauliflower does it really matter???

They taste like mashed potatoes that have garlic and cream of mushroom soup blended in.

I'm Irish-- and I love potatoes-- and I like these better than mashed potatoes.

So does my fiance.

The secret is to drain them thoroughly, don't over mash them (i.e. food processor) and spice them generously.

If you steam rather than boil you should preserve more of the vitamins.

Try 'em. You'll like 'em!

-Chelle
  • nmjellison
    nmjellison Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump : )
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bump to save
  • steph813
    steph813 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsJBC
    MrsJBC Posts: 10
    Options
    bump
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Blackbird16
    Blackbird16 Posts: 68
    Options
    Yumm im going to make this for dinner :) with the yoghurt instead of the soup though :)
  • rockfan85
    rockfan85 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am also a mashed potato fiend (and another Michelle!!) so I'm definitely trying this when I make my next grocery shop! :)
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Fab going to have a go - will make a change from my carrot and swede mash all the time - thanks for posting :)
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great idea, going to try this!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've eaten mashed cauliflower at restaraunts, but never made it... Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it.
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    They were a hit! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

I followed the recipe but pureed it in food processor to make it smoother, then placed it in a casserole dish and sprinkled some panko crumbs and shredded cheese on top. YUMMY!

Cheers!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    They were a hit! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

I followed the recipe but pureed it in food processor to make it smoother, then placed it in a casserole dish and sprinkled some panko crumbs and shredded cheese on top. YUMMY!

Cheers!

Wow! Sounds fabulous!!! Thanks for the feedback!

-Chelle
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've done a variation of this with cauliflower and turnips, but this sounds awesome! Thank you for sharing :)
  • missymouse28
    Options
    Bump
  • missymouse28
    Options
    Bump!