Chelle's Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"

Options

Replies

• kathy68820
    kathy68820 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    made this yesterday!!!!!! Love it....I did 2 packages of frozen califlower and cooked with water on stove til tender. Drained water and mashed with a hand masher (I use a pampered chef one just because I had to go to one of their parties and buy something, but I do love it)....then put in cassarole dish with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup FAT FREE almost and baked for about 30 minutes at 350. It is very very good.....Thanks for the recipie!!!!!!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    made this yesterday!!!!!! Love it....I did 2 packages of frozen califlower and cooked with water on stove til tender. Drained water and mashed with a hand masher (I use a pampered chef one just because I had to go to one of their parties and buy something, but I do love it)....then put in cassarole dish with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup FAT FREE almost and baked for about 30 minutes at 350. It is very very good.....Thanks for the recipie!!!!!!

Sounds wonderful! Nice job!
  • finallychelle
    Options
    When I cook the cauliflower, I use fat free chicken broth instead of water. Gives it more flavor without having to add too much salt.

Great idea-- I'll try that next time!
  • finallychelle
    Options
    Do you suppose steaming the cauliflower instead of boiling it would work too? I tend to use my steamer more often for the convenience of it. Thanks!

Absolutely! It should work as well-- or better.

Let me know how you make out!

-Chelle
  • slara75
    slara75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How much is one serving?
  • finallychelle
    Options
    How much is one serving?

About 65 calories.
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Lots of folks have their own version of this tasty dish but all the ones I've seen use sour cream or butter or some other higher calorie ingredient to get the creaminess needed to make it yummy.

Here is how I make it (it's a favorite in our household):

1) Boil a whole head of cauliflower together with 1/2 a chopped onion until the cauliflower is VERY soft.

2) Drain thoroughly and mash with the back of a tablespoon until "chunky-smooth."

3) Add any of the following (choose one-- each works well): 1/2 can of Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup OR 1/2 can of Campbell's Condensed Cream of Celery Soup OR 3/4 cup of plain yogurt. Mix well with your trusty tablespoon.

4) Heat in microwave until piping hot.

5) Season to taste. I use "butter buds," garlic powder, salt/pepper, oregano, basil-- sometimes even chili powder. Use this opportunity to calm any craving you've got (salt, spicy, etc.) by adding it to the final dish.

It serves 4 and is only 65 calories per serving.

If you're starving and choose to eat 2 servings yourself I promise that you will be so stuffed you won't snack until your next meal.

Let me know how you make out!

-Chelle

I've had something similiar and so good.
  • identification
    identification Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stefmomme25
    stefmomme25 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bump, Thanks!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    This made me hungry! Yummy!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'll have to try this version! Mine usually just involved a head of cauliflower, a few tablespoons of margarine, and a few tablespoons of sour cream, with some garlic powder/basil/pepper mixed in there, and it's pretty good that way, too. Only about 60 calories a serving, and the ONLY way I can eat cauliflower!
  • cf0506
    cf0506 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chelle, I think you also posted the Cauliflower Rice recipe, correct? Well I LOVED that & I LOVE this too!!!

You are the master of cauliflower :):)

Thanks!!
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • purpleiriseyes
    Options
    I made this with dinnr last night and it was very good. My children liked it as well, even my 4 year old who doesn't eat mashed potatoes. Thanks for the recipe!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks!
  • amadoresblue
    Options
    Sounds well worth a try, so here goes another "Bump"
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I think I boiled the cauliflower too long. Didn't come out good at all.