i will definitely try this :)
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Still trying to find a way to get my Cauliflower Mashed "potatoes" right for me. My wife LOVES them (I do most of the cooking)

I .... tolerate them and would rather just steam the cauliflower and eat it that way. This recipe is a BIG help, I didn't think about adding onion and the healthy select cream of mushroom soup.

Trying it with my spicy Turkey meatloaf next week.....
  • juliesmom2
    juliesmom2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A really good bump!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Huffnagel
    Options
    I make a variation of Cauliflower mash as well.
    Cut up a head of cauliflower, boil in water and several cloves of garlic.
    Drain well, pour into blender and add 1Tablespoon fat free greek yogurt.
    salt and pepper to taste and blend until creamy.

Love this.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! thanks for posting
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump, making this tonight. did not tell family. will report back!
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    BUMP... Thanks !
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    BUMP ... Thanks !
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Lots of folks have their own version of this tasty dish but all the ones I've seen use sour cream or butter or some other higher calorie ingredient to get the creaminess needed to make it yummy.

Here is how I make it (it's a favorite in our household):

1) Boil a whole head of cauliflower together with 1/2 a chopped onion until the cauliflower is VERY soft.

2) Drain thoroughly and mash with the back of a tablespoon until "chunky-smooth."

3) Add any of the following (choose one-- each works well): 1/2 can of Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup OR 1/2 can of Campbell's Condensed Cream of Celery Soup OR 3/4 cup of plain yogurt. Mix well with your trusty tablespoon.

4) Heat in microwave until piping hot.

5) Season to taste. I use "butter buds," garlic powder, salt/pepper, oregano, basil-- sometimes even chili powder. Use this opportunity to calm any craving you've got (salt, spicy, etc.) by adding it to the final dish.

It serves 4 and is only 65 calories per serving.

If you're starving and choose to eat 2 servings yourself I promise that you will be so stuffed you won't snack until your next meal.

Let me know how you make out!

-Chelle
    I was surprised how much I loved them....
    My husband loved them too. **We waited until our 17 year old son ate them before telling him**:laugh: Because of the creamy consistency, (my fault for putting them in food processor) he gave them a 7/10, and would eat them again. Wants them thicker.
    I'm saving left over for a "super" soup tomorrow. And I will use them over Shepards Pie. I think it would be better than potatoes. Husband and son agreed!!

Highly recommend not deviating from Chelle's recipe, This was delicious!! Thank you!!!
  • tsimmsva
    tsimmsva Posts: 49
    Options
    bump
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This will be a healthy change for my potato loving family!
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I was surprised how much I loved them....
    My husband loved them too. **We waited until our 17 year old son ate them before telling him**:laugh: Because of the creamy consistency, (my fault for putting them in food processor) he gave them a 7/10, and would eat them again. Wants them thicker.
    I'm saving left over for a "super" soup tomorrow. And I will use them over Shepards Pie. I think it would be better than potatoes. Husband and son agreed!!

Highly recommend not deviating from Chelle's recipe, This was delicious!! Thank you!!!

Hooray! I'm glad they worked out for you! I find that if I drain them REALLY well and just mash them with a big slotted serving spoon they come out the best.

Also, if I'm making them for company I use a whole can of cream of mushroom instead of a half. It's a lot of extra flavor and it's not really that many more calories on a per serving basis.

Check out my MFP blog for lots of great recipes:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763
  • beautimaus21
    Options
    what is your recipe for shephards pie? Is it low cal?
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump! looks easy, and I have been looking for a recipe like this!