Chelle's Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"

Replies

• Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Bump
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Searched "cauliflower mash" and got this. YUM! I think it's an oldie, but seems to be a goodie.:smile:
  • Sheirai
    Sheirai Posts: 79 Member
    Mmm, thanks! I cook for my parents a lot, and this sounds like a good way to get the to eat some veggies! (ironic, isn't it?)
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Sounds delicious!! Now if only I can sneak this into a dinner without the wife knowing about it!
  • TinamarZDF
    TinamarZDF Posts: 58 Member
    bump:wink:
  • nyla23608
    nyla23608 Posts: 66 Member
    bump
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    bump...trying this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    bump
  • I have substitued Cauliflower for White Rice ( i no longer eat Long Grain White Rice) and when I mash the Cauliflower like a potatoe, I add Fat Free Ranch Dressing and Olive Oil margarine.
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Sounds yummy! I am going to have to try this one!! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • I've tried to make this before and it still came out tough...when I had it at a restaurant it was super soft..did I not boil it long enough???
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Searched "cauliflower mash" and got this. YUM! I think it's an oldie, but seems to be a goodie.:smile:

Cauliflower mash has been around for awhile but I'm pretty sure I'm the first to come up with the Cream of Mushroom soup variety.

I, literally, worked my way through the grocery store trying to come up with a low cal version that didn't used sour cream and butter.

At the time I wrote this post Google didn't come up with any other recipes like mine.

Enjoy!

-Chelle
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    I've tried to make this before and it still came out tough...when I had it at a restaurant it was super soft..did I not boil it long enough???

I'm sure that was it. You should be able to mash the cauliflower with the back of a serving spoon...!
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    bump
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    I used mashed cauliflower for mock potatoe patties the other night and my husband ate 3 of them. He hates cauliflower!! The recipe I used came from Pinterest and had panko bread crumbs, shredded cheese, seasonings, egg (i used 1/2 egg and 1/2 egg beaters since first time trying recipe), and cauliflower. Fried in a little olive oil. They were yummy.
  • bump
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    I made mashed cauliflower for the first time 3 nights ago in lieu of a potato. I gave some to my DH and he was amazed at how much it tasted like mashed potatoes. I think it was actually was better. I didn't have any fresh cauliflower, so I used a frozen bag. I added a little light sour cream, garlic, pepper, and season salt. I will be trying different additions with this. So good and so very easy to make. This will become a regular staple in our household.
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    I use cauliflower to make a " mock potatoe salad" cut into bite size pieces, microwave cauliflower, but not completely soft, leave some texture, cool, add your other potato salad ingredients, like onion, pickle, boiled egg whites, fat free mayo etc. YUM

Oh this sounds yummy. Gonna try this ASAP!!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    I will have to try
  • I use mashed cauliflower to make shepherd's pie instead of potatoes. It took the kids 13 years to figure it out. :D

I love this ..... I will pass this onto my sister - she has 5 kids and getting them to eat veggies is a challenge! She can be very inventive (or sneaky!) but I havent heard this one before

Wendy