Options

Replies

• wonnie74
    Options
    bump
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    finally made these! deeelicious! i added the cream of mushroom back to the pot on the stove after draining the water from the cauliflower and mine weren't runny at all. will be making again! i spiced mine a bit too much though, so next time i'll remember to taste as i go ;D
  • thefragile7393
    thefragile7393 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    mine is simple...cut into florets and then steam to retain nutrition, mash, then put in blender with some unflavored almond milk, spices (tumeric, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper), blend, take out and add 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream. Could add some ghee if need be. Tasty.
  • missyjoy6988
    missyjoy6988 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am going to try this tomorrow. :)
  • MacroMiranda
    MacroMiranda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump- thank you Chelle!
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tegeler85
    tegeler85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely trying this!
  • Lookmeintheeyes135
    Options
    Sounds very yummy
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Wayyy too good to overlook, price of cauliflower is nasty right now but i will not forget this one. TY
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump! :flowerforyou:
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmm! Bump :-)
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks!
    :smile:
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Next on my list to make...
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    bump
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I use mashed cauliflower to make shepherd's pie instead of potatoes. It took the kids 13 years to figure it out. :D
    I need a "like" button
  • getwashboardtummy
    getwashboardtummy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ..please post some more they are really clever - thanks for sharing!
  • ssamy14
    ssamy14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. Trying it today
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So good :)
  • ValkyrieInamethee
    Options
    Lots of folks have their own version of this tasty dish but all the ones I've seen use sour cream or butter or some other higher calorie ingredient to get the creaminess needed to make it yummy.

Here is how I make it (it's a favorite in our household):

1) Boil a whole head of cauliflower together with 1/2 a chopped onion until the cauliflower is VERY soft.

2) Drain thoroughly and mash with the back of a tablespoon until "chunky-smooth."

3) Add any of the following (choose one-- each works well): 1/2 can of Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup OR 1/2 can of Campbell's Condensed Cream of Celery Soup OR 3/4 cup of plain yogurt. Mix well with your trusty tablespoon.

4) Heat in microwave until piping hot.

5) Season to taste. I use "butter buds," garlic powder, salt/pepper, oregano, basil-- sometimes even chili powder. Use this opportunity to calm any craving you've got (salt, spicy, etc.) by adding it to the final dish.

It serves 4 and is only 65 calories per serving.

If you're starving and choose to eat 2 servings yourself I promise that you will be so stuffed you won't snack until your next meal.

Let me know how you make out!

-Chelle
  • ValkyrieInamethee
    Options
    I will try this. Another way I do cauliflower is to slice it thinly, drizzle it with olive oil, and roast it at 450 degrees on a cookie sheet until it is nice and brown. Yum.