At the height of not caring...

Options
13»

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    The most insane thing I would eat would be nearly the whole container of Ben and Jerry's. I do not want to know how many calories and how much fat that was!

I would also bake a lot, say brownies and at them all day, I can only imagine how much that added up to.
  • ginakelley
    ginakelley Posts: 33
    Options
    I have always struggled with binge eating and can honestly say that there are days I still do it... The worst is when you are trying to hide it and get caught or have to make up a cover story for a purchase... Going to the cafeteria at the hospital I work at and buying 4 cookies and a piece of pie... Getting a questionable look from the cashier, so I say the cookies are for my coworkers or whatever... 12 inch sub from subway and claim to be saving half for later, but eating the entire thing plus chips in one meal... My husband "caught" me on time when I was supposed to be working out, sitting in the middle of our family room with our son's Halloween bags in front of me and 20plus wrappers around me.... UGH!! I could go on and on!! That goodness I found this site!!! I still have my moments and my weak times, but they have decrease dramatically thanks to my MFP friends and their support!!!
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    oh yea, it's ok to eat an entire large pizza by yourself... as long as you have a healthy salad too.... right?

lol... those days have to be behind me now.... so not worth it!

or Peanut M&M's whole bag, no matter the size... with milk... that's healthy if you don't eat anything else... peanuts = protein. lol

or unlimited fresh baked choc chip cookies, again with milk and skip regular meals...

no wonder I have a caboose following me! heading to the gym soon!

stay strong people!
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    I just remembered probably the lowest point in my uncontrollable eating. I went to the grocery store once and bought a package of Johnsonville Beddar Cheddar Brats. I picked up a pack of hot dog buns, noticed there were 12 buns and 6 brats. So what did I do, bought another pack of brats. I ate all 12 brats in about 6 hours loaded with onions, relish, cheese, ketchup and mustard. Yep, extra cheddar cheese on brats with cheese inside them already. Can't believe I just shared that. I guess MFP is cheaper than a psychologist and these forums can be very cathartic.

Whoa! But so cool that you shared.... we've all been there in one way or another... or else we wouldn't be here.

Stay strong! :)
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I could probably eat a pound of pasta easily. I love, love, love pasta of any kind.
    Oh and a Chinese Buffet. Easily 3,000 calories worth with no effort.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I could eat a whole pizza (not in one sitting, but definitely throughout a day)

I still CAN eat a whole pizza, only I do it in one sitting. :blushing:

I actually did that last night. All 8 pieces of a large pizza down the gullet...

I can do this too. Pizza is one of the foods for which I have no "off" button. I have learned to not keep things in the house that make my "off" button not work.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of really healthy meals, so I never understood why I was so overweight. Now I do. While I wouldn't eat like this all the time, I could easily sit down in front of the TV and eat a whole bag of chips and cheese dip in a sititng. I think the vast bulk of my issue was snacking, but my snacks were always unhealthy and always huge portions. Another weakness of mine is Chinese food, and I know I could down 2000 calories in a meal because I love all the breaded, fried, sauce covered entrees. I can't imagine life without that, but its a once every few months thing, not a once a week thing.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I used to regularly eat half of a Little Caesar's pizza in one sitting, and then I'd eat the rest later. I could easily still eat it if I wanted. One of my treat meals now that I absolutely love is takeout Chinese...and I eat the whole container of chicken and rice. Don't even want to try to calculate the calories of it. But I've cut back on how often I indulge.
  • grimnir
    grimnir Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit it, but even in the last year I've been known to eat two entire medium pizzas in the span of a couple hours. Or a big bag of doritos AND a big bag of combos AND a bag of peanuts. Eat a meal at McDonald's and then stop and buy a couple bags of chips on the way home to eat immediately. Or I'd eat a family size box of cheez-its and an entire can of cashews and half a pound of peanuts. I'd regularly eat an entire tub of hummus with a big bag of tortilla chips, and not even feel like I was dangerously bingeing. When my binge eating was at its worst, I'd wash down two pizzas with a two liter bottle of root beer, or I'd eat 5+ plates of food at the chinese or indian buffet, or order $30 worth of fried crap from the wings delivery place, mozzarella sticks and jalapeno poppers and curly fries and garlic bread and chicken tenders and a pint of ben and jerry's and half a gallon of soda besides. I'd drop $70 at the hibachi restaurant and eat like a sumo wrestler, with hibachi with rice and noodles and gyoza and a sushi deluxe platter and fried ice cream and wash it all down with hella sake and green tea. I once ate 7 big macs with super-size fries and soda on my 20 minute lunch break at mcdonald's. I'd regularly eat a big chicken salad on top of a super size extra value meal, sometimes even with a shake instead of soda, and do that like every day, not just when I was bingeing. I'd eat a big meal like that before, during, and after each shift at McDonald's, even if I was only working a short shift, and keep a quart of soda under the counter to drink the rest of the time, and still have to refill it every few hours. I'd throw an apple pie into a 20 oz cup and fill it with ice cream and caramel and nuts. I'd normally eat three helpings of food at home if it was any good, unless I'd eaten like 2500 calories right before dinner and wasn't all that hungry. I'd do the same at potlucks, and I'd keep coming back for more with cheesy anything.

I still sometimes have issues with binge eating, but at least it's not as bad as it used to be, and I'm able to maintain my weight with only occasional bad days or massive meals, so I feel pretty good about being able to avoid gaining it all back once it's gone. Seriously though, some days it was just insane how much I'd eat.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit it, but even in the last year I've been known to eat two entire medium pizzas in the span of a couple hours. Or a big bag of doritos AND a big bag of combos AND a bag of peanuts. Eat a meal at McDonald's and then stop and buy a couple bags of chips on the way home to eat immediately. Or I'd eat a family size box of cheez-its and an entire can of cashews and half a pound of peanuts. I'd regularly eat an entire tub of hummus with a big bag of tortilla chips, and not even feel like I was dangerously bingeing. When my binge eating was at its worst, I'd wash down two pizzas with a two liter bottle of root beer, or I'd eat 5+ plates of food at the chinese or indian buffet, or order $30 worth of fried crap from the wings delivery place, mozzarella sticks and jalapeno poppers and curly fries and garlic bread and chicken tenders and a pint of ben and jerry's and half a gallon of soda besides. I'd drop $70 at the hibachi restaurant and eat like a sumo wrestler, with hibachi with rice and noodles and gyoza and a sushi deluxe platter and fried ice cream and wash it all down with hella sake and green tea. I once ate 7 big macs with super-size fries and soda on my 20 minute lunch break at mcdonald's. I'd regularly eat a big chicken salad on top of a super size extra value meal, sometimes even with a shake instead of soda, and do that like every day, not just when I was bingeing. I'd eat a big meal like that before, during, and after each shift at McDonald's, even if I was only working a short shift, and keep a quart of soda under the counter to drink the rest of the time, and still have to refill it every few hours. I'd throw an apple pie into a 20 oz cup and fill it with ice cream and caramel and nuts. I'd normally eat three helpings of food at home if it was any good, unless I'd eaten like 2500 calories right before dinner and wasn't all that hungry. I'd do the same at potlucks, and I'd keep coming back for more with cheesy anything.

I still sometimes have issues with binge eating, but at least it's not as bad as it used to be, and I'm able to maintain my weight with only occasional bad days or massive meals, so I feel pretty good about being able to avoid gaining it all back once it's gone. Seriously though, some days it was just insane how much I'd eat.

That is EXACTLY how I used to eat. Wow, when someone else says it I can easily say "you've got a problem" but I still can justify why it is ok for me to eat that way. I guess I just realized I was (and still am) powerless over food and my life had become unmanageable. Thanks for your courage to post this.
    Paul
  • greenscrapcat
    Options
    I just remembered probably the lowest point in my uncontrollable eating. I went to the grocery store once and bought a package of Johnsonville Beddar Cheddar Brats. I picked up a pack of hot dog buns, noticed there were 12 buns and 6 brats. So what did I do, bought another pack of brats. I ate all 12 brats in about 6 hours loaded with onions, relish, cheese, ketchup and mustard. Yep, extra cheddar cheese on brats with cheese inside them already. Can't believe I just shared that. I guess MFP is cheaper than a psychologist and these forums can be very cathartic.

I remember talking to you that day, lol.

I could easily eat 3 boxes of girl scout cookies in one sitting, or anything chocolate. I have been binging for the last week and you know why. Last Tuesday I ate 4 double chocolate chip cookies, a hershey bar and an entire 1/2 gallon of milk. Thursday I had two brats and chips. I hate brats. Friday I had two pieces of chocolate cake and another 1/2 gallon of milk. Saturday I had two burgers, baked beans and chips. With trifle. Sunday I had chicken and venison kabobs and BLT salad with more dessert. Also had a few beers and wine thrown in. I am really trying to get back on track and stay focused today. Took foood out to cook tonight for the rest of the week. I will prevail, I will beat this if it is the last thing I do.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!! :glasses:
  • pauljsolie
    Options

I remember talking to you that day, lol.

I could easily eat 3 boxes of girl scout cookies in one sitting, or anything chocolate. I have been binging for the last week and you know why. Last Tuesday I ate 4 double chocolate chip cookies, a hershey bar and an entire 1/2 gallon of milk. Thursday I had two brats and chips. I hate brats. Friday I had two pieces of chocolate cake and another 1/2 gallon of milk. Saturday I had two burgers, baked beans and chips. With trifle. Sunday I had chicken and venison kabobs and BLT salad with more dessert. Also had a few beers and wine thrown in. I am really trying to get back on track and stay focused today. Took foood out to cook tonight for the rest of the week. I will prevail, I will beat this if it is the last thing I do.

That's my scrappycat!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Like most of you stated I would go all day without eating and then polish off an entire frozen pizza, icecream, and cookies. :noway:. I think my lowest is when I would go through the drive thru and order two meals yes two! :embarassed: Now that I am tracking my calories and more aware of what I eat I am not starving and consuming a tons of calories.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my weakness I can easily eat a 2 liter tub to myself in an hour or so. When I was a kid I could eat a 4 liter tub surprisingly I was a very skinny kid. I'm enjoying this confessional thread it's nice to know I'm not alone.
  • LeahBeah12
    LeahBeah12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I would regularly order a larger or extra large pizza and polish off the whole thing in 1 sitting.

I also ate an entire box of Velveeta Shells and Cheese while I was pregnant.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Ice cream is my weakness I can easily eat a 2 liter tub to myself in an hour or so. When I was a kid I could eat a 4 liter tub surprisingly I was a very skinny kid. I'm enjoying this confessional thread it's nice to know I'm not alone.

I hear ya on ice cream. I ate 3 containers of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in one sitting once. Chunky Monkey, Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. 3300 calories in about one hour. Wonder what my blood sugar was doing?
  • KatyRing
    KatyRing Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    here we go...

I would eat everything. There I said it.

In all honesty... I would get a 3 entree meal from panda express with noodles and add 3 egg rolls and an extra entree. I would eat something like that 3 times a day.

Its horrible, but NO MORE. I am down 54lbs and nothing is stopping me now.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options

I hear ya on ice cream. I ate 3 containers of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in one sitting once. Chunky Monkey, Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. 3300 calories in about one hour. Wonder what my blood sugar was doing?

It's so scary what we are capable of doing to our bodies :s But I could of easily eaten all that right along with you YIKES. It sucks bad food is like heroin to me, but I can't stop eating all together. Thankfully I love all food so I love the good stuff too.