All you Insane people! Or p90x, or hard workers! Come here!

Options
13»

Replies

• JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I've done 3 rounds of P90X and P90X+. I tried to do a 4th round last fall and decided that I couldn't stomach any more of Tony's jokes. I may give P90X2 a go when it's released, but until then, I'll stick with ChaLean for strength training.

Did Insanity as well...was the leanest I've been in over 15 years at the end of my 60 days, but I HATED the warm-up every single day!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gearing up to do Asylum, and I've done 2 of the workouts just to do them and I can say that I think I'll REALLY like it. It's a different feel from Insanity for some reason. Once I've done my 30 days, I may alternate 30 days of Insanity with 30 days of CLX and teaching Turbo Kick, rinse and repeat.

I really want to do Asylum after I finish this round of INSANITY. I don't think I'll get tired of Shaun T-its kind of weird, I actually missed his support whenever I wasn't doing INSANITY...but maybe I am just weird. I've actually heard that Tony can be realllly annoying and I have a lot of friends who mute the tv and turn on music.

And great job btw. Just the fact that you've done all of those programs is a huge inspiration for me. I want to be able to say I've done them all!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've done 3 rounds of P90X and P90X+. I tried to do a 4th round last fall and decided that I couldn't stomach any more of Tony's jokes. I may give P90X2 a go when it's released, but until then, I'll stick with ChaLean for strength training.

Did Insanity as well...was the leanest I've been in over 15 years at the end of my 60 days, but I HATED the warm-up every single day!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gearing up to do Asylum, and I've done 2 of the workouts just to do them and I can say that I think I'll REALLY like it. It's a different feel from Insanity for some reason. Once I've done my 30 days, I may alternate 30 days of Insanity with 30 days of CLX and teaching Turbo Kick, rinse and repeat.

I really want to do Asylum after I finish this round of INSANITY. I don't think I'll get tired of Shaun T-its kind of weird, I actually missed his support whenever I wasn't doing INSANITY...but maybe I am just weird. I've actually heard that Tony can be realllly annoying and I have a lot of friends who mute the tv and turn on music.

And great job btw. Just the fact that you've done all of those programs is a huge inspiration for me. I want to be able to say I've done them all!

I like Shaun T he's easy to listen to but even though I've heard the same thing you have about Tony Horton I think you are hearing from a very vocal extreme minority. Frankly Tony's style is quite refreshing from the militant type trainers who really just yell a lot and never really motivate much at all. Tony is funny but in a real way, often mincing words or saying things that don't make much sense, actually just like a person in a real life situation. I appreciate the way they didn't worry about re-shooting verbal miscues and just focused on the workout itself. Makes it more real for me. I'll take that any day over some drill-instructor like windbag. In fact I mute the music so I can hear everything they say.
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    today starts day 1 of insanity got the fit test today
  • derbygirl87
    Options
    I am on week one of Insanity. Those of you that did it and saw results did you follow the nutritional guide? Also my general profile on here says I should only eat 1200 calories, did any of you guys up your calories when you started insanity? Thanks! So far I am loving it!!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

there is something just extremely infectious about Shaun t's personality that keeps ya coming back.
    not to mention he is pretty hot.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 of P90X classic today--chest and back and ab ripper x. Holy moly! :-)

I'm very glad I did CLX first b/c it taught me all kinds of good habits (write it down, abs tight, back flat, go at your own pace, pause when you need to) that are obvious now but that I would not have gone into this knowing. And--much more importantly--CLX got me over my high-school-gym-inspired fear of push ups!

Today was tough, but (to my surprise) not impossible. Thanks, Chalene!!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am on week one of Insanity. Those of you that did it and saw results did you follow the nutritional guide? Also my general profile on here says I should only eat 1200 calories, did any of you guys up your calories when you started insanity? Thanks! So far I am loving it!!
    Exercise calories should be on top of your normal calorie allowance and I'd recommend eating them back especially if you are cutting more than a pound a week. Unless you are super fit or not trying hard enough then you'll be burning a ton of calories doing Insanity.
  • derbygirl87
    Options
    Exercise calories should be on top of your normal calorie allowance and I'd recommend eating them back especially if you are cutting more than a pound a week. Unless you are super fit or not trying hard enough then you'll be burning a ton of calories doing Insanity.

Thank you so much. I am definitely upping my calories. =]
  • JatieKo621
    Options

I didn't follow the nutritional guide to a t but definitely tried to eat healthy. I think if you follow the guide you will definitely see the best results. I found that for breakfast I usually couldn't eat just a piece of fruit if I were to work out after, it wasn't enough energy to get me through those MAX workouts in month 2. With the burn of the workout (I am at 1200 cal a day too) it usually put me over 2000 calories which I eat back. Nutrition is more of a problem for me than fitness lol, I can work my butt off but when it comes to eating I don't always choose the greatest options but when you work off that many calories it helps to motivate me to eat healthier since I sweated my butt off just to burn them. :)

Fairy- He is pretty hot! :) I can't believe how ripped he is. I mean he talks throughout all the workouts while I am gasping for breath. It impresses me.

Hemlock- Did you like chalean? I want to try it! I've heard a lot about ab ripper x-usually not very happy but good results! lol
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I did plyometric cardio circuit yesterday for the first time in a long time-WOW. I thought it'd be easier since I did INSANITY a month ago-but no. It was back to day 1 for me. Well, that isn't completely true. I definitely pushed harder, did EVERY exercise full out (even the suicide drills) but when it came to the 30 second break, I had to pause it over 3 times. My heart rate just wasn't getting back down AT ALL so it wasn't really interval training. It was like my body was still in good shape but my lungs/heart were not the same. :(

I was still proud of myself for how well I did each exercise. The in and out abs and ski abs totally kill my shoulders though! After INSANITY I wanted to go for a run but it was raining so I decided to do Insane Abs-it felt soo good. My abs are sore today which I really love that feeling! Now on to power and resistance before going out to celebrate the 4th!

Congrats to everyone who is working out today. Its tough when all of my friends are poolside already but hey-once I get done I can join them and show off my progress right? :)
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yes, I loved ChaLEAN. My only experience with weights had been nautilus machines, so I really appreciated the detailed instruction in form and the constant reminders. I started with The New Rules of Lifting but found that I didn't know enough to follow the instructions in the book. Now I think I could do it, but I liked CLX so much that I decided to do P90X instead.