NSV! Involving knitting! (weird, I know)

Options

Replies

• 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I bet that all of that knitting keeps your hands away from snacking! I need to start knitting at night, instead of nibbling on endless carbs.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, lovely colors. I would love a sweater like that in a more tonal design, like tan and cream. But it's a beautiful design, no matter what color you prefer.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That sweater already looks great on you! I have a box of sweaters my mother made me that I cannot wear because I am too fat. Someday, I will be able to put one on.

I crochet, knit, sew and spin, but I often let years go by without doing any of them. You are helping to inspire me. Once the weather cools down, I think I will get back into one of them. Plus, I notice that it's very hard to snack while knitting, spinning, crocheting or sewing.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Plus, I notice that it's very hard to snack while knitting, spinning, crocheting or sewing.

I was watching a knitting show (which I can't remember the name of). They were talking about how knitting keeps your hands busy so you're not snacking. The lady that played Rosario on Will and Grace was on it and she said that she trained her grandkids to walk by and stick food in her mouth. It made me lol.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    That looks totally awesome on you! I love the colors and the style is very flattering. And its not weird at all! I totally get it.

One of my motivations for finally deciding to lose the weight was I wanted to make a bunch of sweaters to wear to work (I own a yarn shop so it would make sense for me to wear handknits to work, right?) But the time and expensive of the yarn to make a size 3X has always stopped me from making more than one. I had an epiphany that I could get a sweater done a lot faster and with a lot less yarn in a size medium than a 3X. Ah ha! I have other reasons to lose weight and get healthy as well, but that was surely one of them!

Come find me on Ravelry too...I have the same name there as here. :smile:
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    and i am quite certain you will look smoking hot in it! that is a fantastic top. i love me some annie modesitt. she made my wedding dress! :-)

Annie Modesitt made your wedding dress? Like knit it herself? <swoon>
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    So diggin it.. I am a knitter too. . . I want one!!!. .. . What pattern are you using?
  • emfoley2
    emfoley2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I can sympathize - I'd been avoiding using lovely hand-dyed yarns because of fear of the horizontal stripe effect. Can't wait to get back to knitting myself things in my new smaller size!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I wear stripes proudly. I don't care if I'm large and in charge. However, I completely understand what you mean about making an article of clothing for yourself.

I have been hesitant to make my own clothes, because it is so labor intensive and time consuming. If I am going to make something, I better fit in it for the rest of my life.

The last couple of years, I have changed sizes several times. Hopefully now that I am working out more and eating better, I will lose some of the weight and maintain it.

Now that you mention it, I'm going to go and pick up my hook. I did start something this weekend that is coming along well. It's not entirely crocheted though. I'm just adding trim to a long sleeved t-shirt. However, with t-shirt material, I find that the sizing has been rather forgiving on me, and I have a little less invested in the trim than I would if I crocheted a whole garment.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    another knitter here so i totally get it. you look great! and the colors are fab! post a pic when it's complete so we can all drool over your mad knitting skillz and how amazing you look. :)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    and i am quite certain you will look smoking hot in it! that is a fantastic top. i love me some annie modesitt. she made my wedding dress! :-)

Annie Modesitt made your wedding dress? Like knit it herself? <swoon>

she sewed it actually but yes.

5751435178_918245849e_z.jpg

the shawl was designed by miriam felton.
  • Quiltmania
    Options
    I'm a knitter. I knit, and sew, and crochet, and next I want to learn to quilt. I LOVE knitting, especially being able to knit myself pretty things to wear :D For the past 2 years I've been drooling over a sweater pattern that I wanted to make. But I refused to start it because it has horizontal stripes, and with the extra weight I was carrying I knew it would just make me look bigger.

Last week, I started the sweater :D Don't the colors just make you want to smile?

IMG_1646.jpg

If you would like to learn to quilt, here's a link to a quilting message board that I'm a member of www.quiltingboard.com. Lots of helpful advice, tutorials, etc. BTW, your sweater is very nice. It did make me smile.
  • hawaiiprinzezz
    hawaiiprinzezz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I saw this post last night before bed and I had to come back here this morning and tell you that I actually dreamt about your sweater last night. I taught myself how to knit just some basic stitches a couple of months ago and I am no where near making a sweater but those colors made me want to get my needles out again and start practicing. Maybe someday....
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love it! i like to knit, crochet and sew too but I've never knitted myself anything, it all goes on gifts and on my daughter. I might actually be inspired to do something for myself now.
  • change_happens
    Options
    i hear ya! a cute little sweater... :)
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    It looks great so far. I won't knit a sweater because 1. I don't like sweaters enough to put the effort in and 2. I don't have the attention span. I'm a hats and gloves lady myself.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    that is soo cute, and you are a very even knitter!

When people ask me how I lost weight, I always say knitting and crocheting stopped me put things in my mouth!!

GG
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I love it! i like to knit, crochet and sew too but I've never knitted myself anything, it all goes on gifts and on my daughter. I might actually be inspired to do something for myself now.

I wish more clothing crafters would make for themselves. I think it takes a lot of confidence to make something and then wear it yourself in public.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    It looks great so far. I won't knit a sweater because 1. I don't like sweaters enough to put the effort in and 2. I don't have the attention span. I'm a hats and gloves lady myself.

I have no desire to knit sweaters, but I feel like I SHOULD want to knit a sweater. lol
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Adorable!! :) Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!