All you 5'8" ladies

Options
124»

Replies

• jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and would like to chime in. I have a large frame and have been as heavy as 315 pounds. I am currently down to 232 pounds and would like to get down to 170 pounds. I haven't seen "onederland" since I was in college in the early 80's (before having 5 kids in 17 years, too) but I am looking forward to getting there by the end of this year. One of my son's is getting married in January and I'm working on preparing for the wedding and a wonderful wedding dress!
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and would like to chime in. I have a large frame and have been as heavy as 315 pounds. I am currently down to 232 pounds and would like to get down to 170 pounds. I haven't seen "onederland" since I was in college in the early 80's (before having 5 kids in 17 years, too) but I am looking forward to getting there by the end of this year. One of my son's is getting married in January and I'm working on preparing for the wedding and a wonderful wedding dress!
    Good luck to you! You can do it!
  • trinidadsky
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and medium framed. At the moment I live in Japan and I feel quite large compared to all the stick thin, small framed women here. It's very difficult to find clothes that fit me. My weight fluctuates way too much (which is why I joined this site). I've been 150 lbs at my heaviest. Right now I'm about 125 but I'd like to get down to 115. I would feel much more comfortable if my belly, thighs and back were not so flabby. I'd like to be ripped, not skinny :)
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    GOsh you are all so good with your weight loss plan. I started out at about 13+half stone back in Sep 10.

Currently at 169lbs. HOwever I feel for my frame etc that my ultimate goal is 154lbs. But to be honest, even if I got down to 158 I'd be happy. I've always been at about 154lbs since I was 21, gained the weight when I had 2 kids back to back.

I've quite an athletic build so feel for me, 158ish would be good. You're all making me feel bad tho for not wanting to get down lower :-(
  • katelaine9109
    Options
    I am 5'8 and currently 155. I've gained twenty pounds since 2009. I used to ride horses and work out regularly so I was 135 at one point and now I just feel fat. I try to eat healthy and work out but nothing seems to be working. I'm trying to get down to 145.
  • ballerina_tea
    ballerina_tea Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My goal is 125-130. I was healthiest around 130 and I think it suits me. My fat distribution isn't the most glamorous so I can't really handle extra weight. I think I have thin bones, not sure about my frame... I have long limbs but an average torso I guess. The weird thing about me is my legs don't gain a lot of weight, so people already think I'm pretty thin... not knowing all my pudge is hiding under my shirt. I just throw on a pair of skinnies and pretend everything is alright. lol
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    GOsh you are all so good with your weight loss plan. I started out at about 13+half stone back in Sep 10.

Currently at 169lbs. HOwever I feel for my frame etc that my ultimate goal is 154lbs. But to be honest, even if I got down to 158 I'd be happy. I've always been at about 154lbs since I was 21, gained the weight when I had 2 kids back to back.

I've quite an athletic build so feel for me, 158ish would be good. You're all making me feel bad tho for not wanting to get down lower :-(

Don't feel bad for wanting 154. A height of 5'8" has a large range of what weight is healthy. It's all in your build. My goal is around 155. The final number doesn't matter, it is how I look/feel. Since I have a fair amount of muscle, I don't expect to get below 150, at my lowest. Again, it's more how fit I look and feel. I'm at 163 now, have been as low as 159. So, 155 seems like the best mark for me.