anyone else on a 1200 cal restriction?

Options
13»

Replies

• julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have been on 1200 since joining here the end of March.
    Last couple of weeks I have been going higher here and there due to a bit of a plateau ( and this weekend wasn't pretty ).
    My diary is open and anyone is welcome to add me as a friend if you like :)
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    I am
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I was until I hit my goal last week when I adjusted to 1340. I started exercising a lot more so that I could eat a lot more. I didn't think of it as a 1200 restriction, I thought of it as a 1200 base to build upon.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I hear ya..the hard part is getting over the over-eating bit. I have jumped that hurdle. If I want to munch on something..I am grabbing tomatoes and bell peppers..since my doc says I can eat as much of those as i want.

I have also been air-popping white popcorn..with no butter or salt..so its not bad..I do try to eat all of my exercise calories back..I dont always succeed..cause I feel like I am over stuffing my face..but I do try to stay within 300-400 cal for breakfast/lunch/dinner...and then the snacks fill up the rest. I do work out every day...about 1.5 hrs a day..so I can do about 200 cal per snack if I choose to.
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    i eat more veges then i know what to do with! lol, i cut out all cooking oils, i use pam only very lightly. i drink a top of crystal light beverages, what are some of your favorite or go to foods? maybe i can give you some recieps that have lower cals
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 as well, except for the days I go over...haha. Lately its been tough with business trip and holiday weekend, but prior to that 1200 wasn't that hard to maintain. It helps that I am not a snacker and love fresh fruit and vegetables and for the most part only drink water, a little milk with cereal, and the occasional light beer.

I thought 1200 would be tough to to do, but once I found MFP and started just counting what I ate 1200 isn't that hard at all. The hard part is being pressured in to going out to eat or something and completely ruining it.

Do most of you folks eat your workout calories back??? I haven't been most of the time, and if I do its not planned. I eat around 1200 a day and work out 500-750 calories typically. Long term is this pretty unhealthy? I have lost 16lbs since joining MFP the first of June. 225lbs down to 209lbs. I am 27 year old 6'4" male. My goal is to weight 185 again and then tone up, with my ideal maintained weight in the mid 190's. I feel good, don't feel hungry, and my energy is up. I have also learned to get better nights sleep which I think is really helping the energy level throughout the day. Should I start eating some of my calories back or keep going a few more weeks until I get closer to my weight loss goal and then change my MFP goals?
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I recently went to 1200ish calories per day and I feel better for it.
    It's nice not to be eating all the damn time.

My main meals consist of mostly unprocessed foods and I eat fairly low carb.
    This helps me to not experience hunger or cravings for crap.

I've lost 11 pounds in just over a week.
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie restriction...i usually only eat around 1000 but i'm not starving either. So far so good.

Friend me!
  • MissNombril
    Options
    Am at a little more than 1300, but difficult to reach even 1200.
    I have no activity at all during the day, so my needs are really low, even on the days I train...
    My metabolism is very slow (and has always been), and I eat according to my hunger...
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    Mine's set at 1220. I don't have any problems keeping my intake at that, Lately it seems I've been under. I generally eat about 200-250 calories for breakfast, 300-350 for lunch, and save the rest for dinner. If I have a snack during the day I try to keep it around 100 calories. Just be careful about what you eat. If you like veggies you can eat a ton to fill you up for little calories.... too bad I hate raw veggies! :smile:
  • nikkidee1983
    Options
    I am on a 1310 calorie restriction. But, keep in mind that is with a calorie deficit which is calculated in to help you lose weight even without exercise. So, when you add in your exercise you will notice your remaining calorie count will increase. I have lost two pounds already. I work late so I tend to sleep through breakfast so I usually only eat lunch and dinner which helps keep my calories where they should be. But, I find on the days I am up for breakfast if I start off with a heavier breakfast I can do something like just fruit and cottage cheese for lunch and have a decent dinner and still be ok on calories.

Good luck on your journey!

Add me if you would like some support and friends!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200. I don't know how good I would be for comparing though bc some days I don't eat the greatest. And I'm vegan. Feel free to friend me if you like though!
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    I'm 1200! This is my first week at 1200. we'll see what happens.
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    I'm at 1200 but definitely eat my exercise calories so it varies from day to day. If you can eat fresh foods, fish, and fill in with protein shakes (ie. EAS Advantage low carb series) you can stay under the 1200.

I usually try to eat 3-300 calorie meals and two snacks at 100-150 calories if I'm not exercising. The summer is always tough due to lots of travel. My hope is that raw food restaurants make it to large airports!

I LOVE EAS Advantage low carb series!!!! I have one in the morning and it usually holds me until lunch.
  • vpochman1
    vpochman1 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi.. I too am in the 1200 calorie restriction. I have been at this for a little over 2 weeks and have lost 3 lbs so far. I workout 6 times per week alternating running and weight training. I would love to compare notes/ideas. Feel free to friend me
  • caclinton10
    caclinton10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love tp hear what your meal plan is.
  • pancake_26
    Options
    I am on a 1200 cal. I am 5'1 and around 135-140 pounds (I don't have a scale, but I weight 140 pounds 5 months ago, and I am the same size right now) I exercised 6 days a week and burn about 800 cals a day. I never eat back my exercise calories. I am having trouble to just eat 1200. Sometime I have to make myself to eat more.
  • geisslerfamily
    Options
    My goal is around 1200. I workout for about 1 hour 4 times a week. I am always hungry! I really need to work on making better food choices.