I can't drink water

Options
13»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Whenever you say you "can't" do something, you're giving yourself permission to fail. :flowerforyou:
    Right On Sister!!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Water helps your cells do their job of showing fat the door, but that isn't the only reason they need water. If you don't drink water, your cells are going to have a very hard time operating the way nature intended them to.

I also hated water. I NEVER DRANK IT. I didn't drink pop, iced tea. Only one cup of coffee in the morning. I might have had a glass of milk a couple times a week, but otherwise, NOTHING. I don't know how I didn't drop dead of dehydration before now.

Diet sodas don't count because they have SODIUM in them. Might as well not bother for the benefits that wont' be provided.

Now, I begin at 9am drinking water at work and don't stop til 5:30 when I leave -- and if on weekends I dont' start drinking water by 10am, I'm in a panic to get to a fountain or my bottle.

You have to drink some water. Sip it slowly. Some is better than none. If you really want to be healthier you'll figure out a way to do it.

awesome....a reformed water drinker...YOU ROCK!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I love water. And it's free in most restaurants so it saves $ when you eat out. How good is that?

It's real GOOD! I have a sticker for you:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I will say this the nicest way possible!

Just suck it up and drink it people!! LOL!

It's good stuff everyone. Give it a chance!! :bigsmile:

What SHE said!!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Throw a squirt of lemon in there and drink it. You'll get used to it quickly I promise. Something you can try is mixing 1/2 100% fruit juices with 1/2 water, then slowly eliminate the juices. Water is so good for you, it's all I drink, you really just have to get over the feelings you have. Ease into it. :drinker:

YUPPERS....what she said.....need to do what ya need to do if you want to live a healthy lifestyle folks!:drinker: :drinker: Our bodies are like 70% or so made up of water......seems only logical we'd want to keep up our water intake to stay healthy and remain healthy.

If a person doesn't drink water because the 'can't'....that's pretty serious....might be something a doctors appt. might need to be made regarding.....

This thread is the oddest thing..... I can't imagine NOT being able to hold a glass or bottle of water and NOT be able to drink it......I'm concerned about all the folks on here that have that ailment..... no water, then death is eminant.. a person can go much longer with no food than no water......... I'd say....just DO IT....:huh: and then we can all move along and see what else can't be done...and work on that thread for the day:drinker: :drinker:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I drink water all the time and can't imagine not drinking it, I go through around a gallon a day. I'm very prone to both strep throat and UTI's and by drinking that much water I find that I don't run in to these things as frequently.

Keep in mind that you should avoid drinking entirely too much water if you have medical problems that affect your elimination of water such as some diabetes medications.

I will also mention that one of my younger brothers had an aversion to water, he insisted he "couldn't" drink it...until he got his first kidney stone and the dr told him water would help prevent them in the future. He drinks water like a fish now :laugh:
  • GaoLee
    GaoLee Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips... today for the first time in my life, with all the great tips, I drank 48 oz.

Thank you all.
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a very hard time drinking water. I feel like I'm going to throw up if I try drinking too much. Help! What else can I count as water intake?

When drinking plain water, I find I get very bloated feeling in my stomach, and nauseous also. I don't have the same problem with flavored waters. I like Aquafina flavor splashes and the carbonated fruit flavored waters at Vons. These don't have any calories, caffeine or sodium so I feel petty good about them.

Probably the best advise is to just frequently try to take very small amounts, and keeping your water cold may help also
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    I was wondering, too if drinking diet iced green tea can be used instead of water?

:flowerforyou:
    greenie
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :wink:
    Thanks for all the tips... today for the first time in my life, with all the great tips, I drank 48 oz.

Thank you all.
    wow....you rock! You are among the great now.... the water drinkers!:flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    That's GREAT!
    GREENIE
  • greenbaum9
    Options

Thank you all.

THAT'S GREAT!
    GREENIE
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! :drinker:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Technically diet soda, tea, etc. does count as water to your body. For years it was thought that caffeine was a diuretic. However, this is yet to be proven. Studies have shown that moderate consumption of caffeine has about the same diuretic effects as water.

That said, any liquids other than water mean extra work for your kidneys, so it is probably a good idea to drink plain water whenever possible.

The fruit juice tip given by kerrilucko is a good one. It's the way I eased into drinking 100 oz. of plain water per day.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Something you can try is mixing 1/2 100% fruit juices with 1/2 water, then slowly eliminate the juices...

Great tip! It worked for me!