Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    If you have sex first, youre the first to go

th_lipssealed.gif

I should get credit for keeping this comment in!!! :bigsmile:
    I know exactly what you were going to say!!!!!! :devil: :laugh: :wink:

It's hard for a PG13 mind to downshift to G. :bigsmile:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Yes, I believe in ghost/spirits. I've had some experiences in the old house I grew up in - things like the bed shaking at night when no one else was in the room, things would disappear, and then reappear (looking for keys, and then they would be right where we just looked for them), etc. My sister and I created an ouija board to talk to the spirit - it was so odd how the board took a life of its own and the ghost would tell us things that we later found to be true. The most hair-chilling moment was one night when we asked the ghost where he was from, and he said it doesn't matter, right now I'm next to you. Yikes! When my mom found out, she FLIPPED. She is a semi-practicing pagan, so she was totally freaked out that we opened the door for potentially evil spirits, and then proceeded to do a cleansing with burning sage, etc. Needless to say, my childhood was not, ummmm, traditional, ha.

Anyways, I do love scary movies - The Ring, 6th Sense, Blair Witch Project, etc....all could definitely be real... (BUT I am NOT a fan of the ridiculous bloody thrillers like Texas Chain Saw, etc.)

Staying the night in a haunted house? Depends. Part of me is tempted...but I would definitely leave my clothes on and not go upstairs, or into the basement, or out into the old/dark barn!!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    I wouldn't STAY in a house that was haunted........nope, not me.

I'm very sensitive, or easily scared, however you want to look at it.
    My SO lived across the street from a cemetery his whole life :noway: That just scares me.
    Ironically, I love going to haunted houses and watching scary movies (the scary, not stupid ones). :huh:

I know, I'm weird. :indifferent:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member

th_lipssealed.gif

I should get credit for keeping this comment in!!! :bigsmile:
    I know exactly what you were going to say!!!!!! :devil: :laugh: :wink:

PG-13?????? You mean R right????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MFS27

My SO lived across the street from a cemetery his whole life :noway: That just scares me.
    Ironically, I love going to haunted houses and watching scary movies (the scary, not stupid ones). :huh:

Ohhh I LOVE cemeteries! Where ever we travel, I always make DH stop at the cemetery and I love to walk through the gravestones - reading the old inscriptions. I remember one inscription said something like, "Where you are, I once was. Where I am, You will soon be." I also take my children to the cemetery - I want them to learn to honor and remember the dead and not be afraid of them.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    [

PG-13?????? You mean R right????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hush.gif
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    From the book of questions....just for fun:drinker:

Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

I'm not sure if I believe in them or not. I do love all (well, most) of the ghost shows like Ghost Whisperer and stuff like that.

One night, my daughter had me watching some show where they took this family and left them in this haunted house or castle or something and then gave them tasks to do throughout the night. I thought it was just awful. I saw this poor girl about 16 or so scared out of her mind. But they had to spend the whole night there and then I guess they got money for it.

Anyway. I have to admit/confess to something. When the Blair Witch Project came out. I had NO CLUE it was fake. I remember thinking I can't believe the families of these kids would agree to release this footage during the whole movie. That movie crept me the F!@# OUT! Anyway, it wasn't until we were leaving the theater that it was all fake. How dumb am I? I don't know how that got passed me. 4fvgdaq_th.gif I mean my hands were shaking when we left the theater.
  • MFS27

Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

I'm not sure if I believe in them or not. I do love all (well, most) of the ghost shows like Ghost Whisperer and stuff like that.

One night, my daughter had me watching some show where they took this family and left them in this haunted house or castle or something and then gave them tasks to do throughout the night. I thought it was just awful. I saw this poor girl about 16 or so scared out of her mind. But they had to spend the whole night there and then I guess they got money for it.

Anyway. I have to admit/confess to something. When the Blair Witch Project came out. I had NO CLUE it was fake. I remember thinking I can't believe the families of these kids would agree to release this footage during the whole movie. That movie crept me the F!@# OUT! Anyway, it wasn't until we were leaving the theater that it was all fake. How dumb am I? I don't know how that got passed me. 4fvgdaq_th.gif I mean my hands were shaking when we left the theater.

That's what I loved about the Blair Witch Project - it looked SO real!! I was shaking when I saw that (even though I knew it wasn't real), but wow!

Same thing with The Ring - the visual effects, etc. I couldn't sleep after that movie.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Put it this way........I have been presented with far too much evidence to possibly NOT believe, not to mention mo cridhe ghaol ein a frithir (English translation; the beloved of my heart sees and in plain old Okie ~ my old man, he's a medium ;)) As far as spending the night in a remote, haunted house.........ya wanna do that?? Wellll, come spend a night here! Spook Central R Us :lol: People have asked me if I'm ever afraid being by myself out here at night while Curt is at work and I just have to give 'em a wry smile and tell them that being alone out here is not something I have to worry about ;)
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Guess that means we can never!!! :laugh:

only the FIRST one to do it goes,
    so just get some other couple to go first, duh!
    Then you know........:flowerforyou:
  • soup78

Ohhh I LOVE cemeteries! Where ever we travel, I always make DH stop at the cemetery and I love to walk through the gravestones - reading the old inscriptions. I remember one inscription said something like, "Where you are, I once was. Where I am, You will soon be." I also take my children to the cemetery - I want them to learn to honor and remember the dead and not be afraid of them.

That's interesting......that inscription is very insightful, too.

I don't think, at least in the near future, that I'll be taking adventures into cemeteries. I do respect the lessons you're teaching your children about the dead though. This is kinda funny.......I'm moving in a couple weeks to a house(renting) which is around the corner from a cemetery. We'll be blocked by another house, so no view for me. The realtor who was selling this house also takes care of the lawn(the owner lives in another state) and he rides his lawnmower from his house through the cemetery as a shortcut, a 1 1/2 mile ride total. In my opinion, I think that's wrong. Isn't that disrespectful to the dead?:huh:
  • mjfer123
    cemetaries get their lawns mowed too.
    Many people take short cuts through cemetaries.
    In Troy NY where I grew up, theres a large cemetary smack dab in the middle of where the old city used to be.
    The best possible routes were through the cemetary.
    Not to mention, in the 1800's, it was fashionable to make cemetaries into parks and walking trails.
    Many cemetaries in the Northeast are MADE for walking through.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Guess that means we can never!!! :laugh:

only the FIRST one to do it goes,
    so just get some other couple to go first, duh!
    Then you know........:flowerforyou:
    Ohhhhhhhh right!!!! Gotcha!!! :wink: :blushing: :drinker:
  • MFS27

That's interesting......that inscription is very insightful, too.

I don't think, at least in the near future, that I'll be taking adventures into cemeteries. I do respect the lessons you're teaching your children about the dead though. This is kinda funny.......I'm moving in a couple weeks to a house(renting) which is around the corner from a cemetery. We'll be blocked by another house, so no view for me. The realtor who was selling this house also takes care of the lawn(the owner lives in another state) and he rides his lawnmower from his house through the cemetery as a shortcut, a 1 1/2 mile ride total. In my opinion, I think that's wrong. Isn't that disrespectful to the dead?:huh:

Is he riding over the grass (actual bodies), or is there a paved road running through the cemetery? The larger cemeteries tend to have actual roads going through it for people to drive up to their deceased beloved, so it is a road - I think that is fine. Driving over the grass/bodies...uhhh, not so fine.

You know in Mexico they celebrate the dead on Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) and they have a big ol' party in the cemetery - I love that idea. Colors, food, people remembering their ancestors, etc. Over here, we're lucky to get plastic flowers once a year and hopfully someone tends to our headstone....
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

No. I believe in demons though.

Yes. I would wear a garlic necklace.
  • soup78
    cemetaries get their lawns mowed too.
    Many people take short cuts through cemetaries.
    In Troy NY where I grew up, theres a large cemetary smack dab in the middle of where the old city used to be.
    The best possible routes were through the cemetary.
    Not to mention, in the 1800's, it was fashionable to make cemetaries into parks and walking trails.
    Many cemetaries in the Northeast are MADE for walking through.

Okay, Obviously cemeteries have to be mowed...But thanks for the other info I wasn't aware of!
    I've never been to the northeast, so you've enlightened me!
  • mjfer123
    yea, the cemetaries need to be mowed part was a little kidding:smile:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member

i grew up in 2 haunted houses. i look back and think :noway: i dont wanna go through that again, but then again it wasn't that bad, besides seeing apperitions, and every now and then things dissappearing and showing up in odd spots, the worst thing that happened to me was when i could feel someone that wasn't there sitting on my bed, at night, you could actually feel the bed indent on the edge. oh and i sometimes heard someone calling my name, i always thought i was hearing things, but after i moved out it stopped, i lived there since iwas 7 and moved out when i was 18, so i thought it was normal, the only thing that has happened to me here is i had 2 cats 1 died from luekimia and the other died shotly after of a broken heart (thats what the vet said) any who, after they both passed you coulf feel them jump on the bed in the middle of the night and walk around like they used to, i knew i wasn't crasy cause my DH felt them 2.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Out here in the boonies, it was common practice for people to have family graveyards on their land (for that matter, we have some friends that STILL have a family cemetary in use on their land). Over time, families moved on, families died out and as a result, there's multitudes of old, forgotten graves out here. When the government bought up land to build Lake Eufaula in 1963, they didn't do the world's best job of clearing the land before building the lake so when the water level drops low enough, you can see everything from the foundations of old houses to the old highway to the remains of old automobiles. I feel pretty safe in saying that if they didn't clear out old fence lines and old cars, they didn't research and relocate the old plots. When the water level drops to a certain point, we can count on an upswing in the sheer amount of paranormal activity around here...........as if we didn't have enough as it is :huh: :noway:

A story I always love to tell on my husband; when we were first married, we lived in the house that I grew up in ~ the same one that my grandfather built in 1923 and my father was raised in. My grandfather and later my father, who were attornies, had their offices in the house so over the years, the old place had seen a lot of people come and go. My father was also a medium so spirit activity was always business as usual there.

Hubby had been in residence for a couple of days and we were sitting in what used to be my father's office, that I had turned into a library/office and hubby got that "hmmm' look on his face and said something along the lines of 'we have visitors'. From there, for the next two hours, he sat there and described who he was seeing and hearing and I sat there giving him verification after verification. Remember in the movie Ghost, where Whoopie Goldberg's character went from being a fake medium to suddenly REALLY seeing 'em? It was like a scene from that movie from the way he described it :laugh: He told me later that they were lined up across the room, down the hall, clear across the den and down the driveway. The way I figure it, word got out that at long last (my father passed 10 years before hubby and I married) there was someone in residence that could both see and hear them so word got out and they all descended enmasse :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.