What fruits do you NEVER eat???

Options
I really don't like fruit, I will eat a banana once in a while, but I really don't care for any others.
I need to incorporate some fruit into my diet....which ones should I absolutely stay away from?

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Grapefruits are absolutely vile :-p but as far as inhibiting weight loss I don't think there's any one fruit that is going to slow you down or stop you :-)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    None - try them out one at a time and see if you like them. And remember, they say that it can take trying a new food several times before you get to like it (actually I've usually read this about kids, but I think it applies to adults too).
    It's a great idea to get into the habit of eating fruit - there are so many sweet and delicious options - just pick up one new thing each week at the market and try it with an open mind, you might be surprised at how many you like!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Oops, duplicate post.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I literally cannot help you on this one. I love all fruits, I think. But if you wanna discuss vegetables, then we're good :o)
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The calories of avocados will stack up quick if you eat a lot of them, but in moderation they are very healthful.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    There are no fruits that you should never eat! None! I love most fruits and those I did not like I started to eat and try and now I love them. A perfect example is bananas. My doctor had me to start eating those for potassium. And now I love them and eat one a day most days.

Try to incorporate fruits in your diet when you can. Start off with one a day. Even if it is one banana a day. then try something like a apple a day.
  • mamasita38
    mamasita38 Posts: 28
    Options
    I do LOVE avocados.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I find bananas are boring unless they are in my peanut butter sandwich. Try the stuff that is in season where you are, it will taste the best. Seedless grapes, berries, buy a few different apples, when you have a friend around to do this with, slice them up and have a taste test to find you favourites, oh and watermelon is lovely.
  • meridithkindred
    Options
    Ugh avacados.....
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    What is it about fruit that you dislike?

If you don't have much of a sweet tooth, maybe you can try making fruits more savory. A restaurant near me makes a ham & pear sandwich, and another has a Gorgonzola & pear pizza. Maybe you can sneak some chopped plums into salsa or something. :)
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Well I would recommend trying grapes, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, plums, anything you see in the produce section. There's no way to know if you like them until you try. So many are in season and fruits are always best when fresh (like at a roadside produce stand!)

Just keep an open mind and try as many as you can find. And before you count them out, try them in a smoothie with some yogurt and orange juice! Sometimes the textures are worse than the flavors.

I personally stay away from bananas, oranges and cantelope.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Star fruit: Only good for decoration - very bland.
    Dragon fruit: Tastes like a watered down Kiwi, costs 10 times as much. Pretty though.

Try making your own smoothies or juices if you don't like the fruit au-natural. Strongly recommend home made watermelon juice.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    The only fruit I won't eat is watermelon. My favorites are bananas and cantaloupe.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I literally cannot help you on this one. I love all fruits, I think. But if you wanna discuss vegetables, then we're good :o)

LOL!! That is me too!! I am learning to make myself eat those veggies! lol!
  • cokpara
    cokpara Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I LOVEEEE fruit and seeing as though i'm shifting towards veganism, I've expanded my love for fruit by trying tons of different kinds. Try basic fruits like apples (pink lady, granny smith, fuji etc.), oranges, grapes, peaches, nectarines etc... Trial and error. Maybe that would be a good goal to have? At least 1 fruit a day? But honestly, so many great things about fruits... I'm with the other person though, is there something you don't like about fruits? Or is it just not on your priority of things to eat based on preference? Hope this helps.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Grapes are VERY high in sugar. So high that diabetics are advised against them. They also happen to be the one fruit I try to avoid..red grapes...green grapes I like...but the rest are great choices. Learn to love em. Love veggies too...
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    When it comes to apples, oranges, melons, etc. - try different varieties. They have different textures and flavors. You may not like one, but you might like one of the other varieties. Kind of like green, red and purple grapes. They all taste a little differently from each other. :) I love most fruits and vegetables. I only like bananas when they are still a little green and not sweet yet. As soon as they turn too yellow, I let the kids eat them. lol
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I hate bananas...oh they're so gross
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    So many are in season and fruits are always best when fresh (like at a roadside produce stand!)

YES!!!! Support local!!!!
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh also, if it is the sweetness you don't like. I find many fruits sweet for me as well. I have had luck with eating frozen mixed berries thawed out in my cereal. They are usually nice and sour. :)