DiamondDolls Week 3!

Options

Replies

• lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Oh, and this is what I'm most looking forward to! My hubby picked it out about 6 weeks ago. I'm hoping to wear it for our anniversary in December, but if not then, I'll definitely be wearing it by his birthday next July!

http://www.fredericks.com/Sequin_Skirt_Temptress_Dress/21309,default,pd.html?cgid=cl26

That's a hot little number!!! I think it is awesome that you have a goal weight outfit picked out!! Great motivation!
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My moment was when I began to wonder if I embarassed my son. He's so beatiful and athletic and I'm not just saying that. Strangers stop him all the time to tell him how good looking he is. His eyes are crazy. Anyhoo, one day when I was picking him up from school, I noticed all the other mothers were thin and beautiful... and that I was not. A few days later I began pulling up farther so his friends couldn't see me. I just started to feel horrible and ashamed and I didn't want my son to be teased for having such a fat mom. Tony's never said anything to me about my weight or done anything to make me feel this way. It's just my own insecurites that began eating away at me.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My major "aha" moment would have to be the day I went to the Dr for my sleep study results. She told me I needed to be fitted for a CPAP machine and she wanted me to get weight loss surgery. I think this is a great idea for some situations, but not mine. SHe told me women at my size couldn't do it on their own. I grew up with 3 older brothers, when you call me a girl and/or tell me I can't do something, it lights a fire under my butt. One year later, and over 100 lbs down.

WOW...I have to take a moment to say GOOD for you!! That doctor should be absolutely ashamed of herself!! How dare ANYONE let alone a DOCTOR tell someone that!! As both a nurse and friend to many people who have had this surgery - yes you can get good results – and for some people it is a last resort, but it's only as good as your determination to lose the weight – those little pouches CAN be stretched. Not to mention the horrible side effects you can end up with (I won’t bore you with the gory details…)
    ANYWAY, rant over…it’s just something I feel strongly about – I am super proud of you for the healthy road you are taking and really hope you send that doctor a before and after picture WHEN you reach your goal!!!
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    QOTD for July 8th

So, that's my "that's it" moment. Can you define yours?

I had a trifecta of moments that had a domino effect…

#1 - I reached my heaviest of 230 lbs…and saw a picture of my *kitten*...(see below)
    #2 - I only weighed 5lbs less than my 6’4 husband
    #3 - I weighed 40lbs more than my mother

ALL of this (to my warped lil brain) was freak-out worthy…

OK…so my biggest barrier preventing me from an “ah ha” moment was reverse body image issues…there are people who see themselves in the mirror and see themselves as super fat…even if they’re 5lbs overweight…I look in the mirror and think “damn baby, you look good!!” (ok…give or take a few “fat” days). Perhaps I’ve learned over the years to position my body JUST so…perhaps it’s a lil bit O denial…who knows…but I’ll tell you, if it wasn’t for my husband to bounce outfits off of I would probably be THAT girl…you know the one that people see her and say “omg…who let that girl out of the house wearing THAT” or “geeze doesn’t she own a mirror??”.

Fortunately or unfortunately….depending on how you look at it...I do NOT have this luxury when looking at pictures of myself. I have NO idea why…it’s like some weird time/space vortex action…but I LOATH to see myself in pictures…oh wait…maybe it’s because I can’t fool myself!! So my friend took some pictures of me and Jedi (in my profile pictures) and I was like “hey!! What’s that fat girl doing with my horse!?!” AND then I realized #2 and #3…that is when I joined MFP….
  • tsrsd4
    tsrsd4 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have had several 'aha!' moments over the years seeing as I began trying to lose weight in high school. My first and probably most outstanding was in gym class one day when the gym teacher was weighing us on a high tech device which told us our BMI and body fat percentage and all that other good stuff (I'm not well learned in this sort of stuff so forgive me :blushing: ). Let's just say the results were not pretty. Also, the majority of my friends since middle school have been very thin and I would have otherwise been okay with this because I am not big on comparing myself to others who are different heights, have different genes, ect. except for the skinniest of the group was very ruthless about my weight. I remember several occasions when she made fun of my size and how I do not fit in with the rest of them... in particular I remember one time when we were both looking into a full body mirror and she goes "Wow, your thighs are so BIG!" She made me nervous to wear anything that revealed my body shape because it seemed like I was always being joked about even though I expressed very clearly how much it hurt me. This friend did eventually grow up and out of that phase, blaming it all on immaturity or whatever, and we are still 'friends' today, but I will never forget how terribly she made me feel. Now, I just can't wait to see her face when I reach my goal weight.
  • Fergieberg
    Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My aha moment was the day my husband and I's best friends became pregnant. We were last 2 couples without kids, so it kinda made it ok, but when they got pregnant we became the weird couple with dogs. It was then that I decided that I needed to lose the weight to have a healthy pregnancy be that family with 2 dogs and a kid.
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    my 'aha' moment was when I looked at competing on the summer show circuit and realized I (still - a year after starting to try to lose weight via exercise) didn't fit into the chaps required for competition. I could custom order chaps (at double cost) but my body wasn't where I wanted it to be. So I decided I would get my body right first - then buy chaps next year. 3 months and 3.5 weeks later... down 32lbs. Only 38-48 to go...
  • lustris
    Options
    Good week ladies!! No we didn't beat the DITR, but we can give them ONE can't we?! Time to step it up a notch and really rock this next week to pull a win!! Chase said this was a small week for us, let's not do that again!! Time to get back in the game!

With all that being said..

This will be my last week with the Dolls. I wanted to let you ladies know that you are all amazing, very motivating and inspiring! I may not be a DOLL anymore, but you have not seen the last of me...I am going to lead the DITR for miss_Jamaica as she will be starting a new "Little Diamonds" group!

So work extra hard ladies...because I'm comin' for ya!!
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know Chase is going to be on vacation but the QOTD must go on! So, since there's no forum for week four, I'm posting here.

Has your weight stopped you from achieving anything?
  • MeganLord
    MeganLord Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    July 11 QOTD

I guess this sounds selfish but HAPPINESS. :/
  • lustris
    Options

This is a great question partner! My list could become huge though!

-feeling confident every day
    -looking fantastic in anything I grab out of my closet
    -wearing a bikini
    -having uninhibited sex with the lights on
    -feeling like arm candy for my husband
    -any type of sport
    -rockin' a hot pair of stiletto's
    -being "myself" in a group of new people.

I could probably go on. :grumble:

P.S >You need to answer your own question!!!
  • lustris
    Options
    July 11 QOTD

I guess this sounds selfish but HAPPINESS. :/

not selfish, I'm right there with ya! We are taking responsibility for our own happiness now though...we're here aren't we!
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    July 11 QOTD

Not really, If I ever wanted something I've always done whatever I had to to get it. I am always happy because I have a great life. The only thing I can say is self confidence. Every week I gain more and more self confidence and by the time I reach my goal I hope to not be self-conscious at all. We will see!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest "aha" moment was when my son asked me when I was going to be his skinny mom again. I just let it go for long that I was starting to get comfortable with just being lazy and fat then my son, who can remember what his mom used to look like skinny, said something. I realized I was trying to accept something I didn't like, but was ignoring to feel better. From that day on, I decided to get back in shape to not only make myself proud, but my family too.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    M weight has caused me to not be able to meet my full potential. I have sit on the side lines because I am too tired or not confident to play, I have not ridden rides with my kids because I am too big, I have not worn outfits I love because they don't come in my size. Screw that! It ain't gonna happen no more!!
  • ellisor1230
    Options

True happiness. I'm happy in every other aspect of my life. I have a pretty great marriage, 3 amazing kids, a nice house, nice cars. I have great family and friends. I have an awesome life, but I'm miserable.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey Dolls,

Do we know if we beat DITR this week?
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    They beat us!

My weight has stopped me being as confident and outgoing as I normally am, but not for much longer, I've dropped from my heaviest at 153 to 142 and I'm determined I'll be at 132 in the next few months - and back to being 'me', I'm getting there already ;)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    For sure! (Otherwise there's really not too much of an incentive to lose it, now is there?) The biggest regret I have of all the things that weight has prevented me form doing is that I used to dodge all possible photos. I recently realize what this means is that there's not much of a record of me in my kids' lives... sad really, that weight and vanity prevented that. (I no longer dodge photos (even though I'm still overweight), btw, but what's done is done...) :cry:
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    For sure! (Otherwise there's really not too much of an incentive to lose it, now is there?) The biggest regret I have of all the things that weight has prevented me form doing is that I used to dodge all possible photos. I recently realize what this means is that there's not much of a record of me in my kids' lives... sad really, that weight and vanity prevented that. (I no longer dodge photos (even though I'm still overweight), btw, but what's done is done...) :cry:

ITA! I don't have many pictures either. That's slowly changing, mostly due to my sister-in-law. She's so thin and pretty, but instead of being stuck up, she always tries to make me feel better and insists that I take pictures all the time. She's helped me pose to look thinner, and even stands in front of me sometimes to help hide the belly. LOL She has honestly been one the the biggest confidence builders for me lately.