Challenge: The Big Split!

Options
Hi Everyone!

The challenge is: To be able to do the splits.

The challenge starts anytime from now and ends on 20th August - Big Split Saturday and is six weeks and a few days from now so this will give people time to prepare and join the challenge!

On Big Split Saturday, everyone involved in the challenge should post a picture of themselves doing the splits and showing their success in their endeavours!

If you can't get 100% of the way down then what the heck, still post your pictures anyway, I'm sure you will be a whole lot more flexible than you were when you started and for all the women out there who are up for this, your significant other if you have one will definitely be entertained or grateful for your efforts! ;)

If you are interested in doing this challenge you may want to take a look at: http://www.unique-bodyweight-exercises.com/splits.html as this is where the inspiration has come from along with a few of my MFP friends. I'm sure there are also other resources we could use courtesy of google or some other similar search engine!

Please reply to the post if you would like to join, add me if you like and I will update our member list in this post so that people can add each other as friends for support.

Good luck and happy stretching everyone!!

Members:
justleeanne
lowcarby12
mackemshazza
Helice
JoyCarter

Replies

• Jessabelle12
    Jessabelle12 Posts: 145
    Options
    Woop!! Very excited about this! Team Big Split!!! :)
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I'm in!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    definitely up for it. always wanted to do the splits.
    tomorrow is day 3 of the 'programme'

...little worried at the end of the 6 weeks i wont be able to do it though =/
  • JoyCarter
    JoyCarter Posts: 37
    Options
    Heck yeah!!! I'm in
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm scared I won't be able to as well but I'm going to try my hardest!! It would be so funny if we all posted pictures of ourselves with pained expressions on our faces hovering a foot from the ground with our arms bulging and shaking trying to hold ourselves up without snapping or breaking something!

I am sure that won't happen though!! We can do it!!!
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Me? Maybe? haha
  • coinlover1
    Options
    Im in!! Always wanted to do the spilts but never kept with it. YAY for The Big Split!
  • justleeanne
    Options
    Updated members:

Members:
    justleeanne
    lowcarby12
    mackemshazza
    Helice
    JoyCarter
    Hype
    coinlover1

I think I'll make a website with the help of my other half to help us!! :)
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    I'd love to join if you'll take another challengee! Always been envious of bendy people and the super flexible. This is also a really different but cool idea for a challenge.
  • justleeanne
    Options
    Glad to have on board Mucky Duck!!! I think it's a fun challenge to do alongside the other things people have got going on and it's a good way to make some more friends for us all too!! :)

I'm going to put a page together with the original website and also put videos on from youtube/ehow etc on how to do some of the stretches so that everyone can see how to do them properly and don't injure themselves! :)

Members:
    justleeanne
    lowcarby12
    mackemshazza
    Helice
    JoyCarter
    Hype
    coinlover1
    Mucky_Duck
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've always wished I could do the splits....
  • mkfrazee
    mkfrazee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I've never done the splits, so this gives me hope that it may be possible!
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Me too, i started training yesterdaty as i figured why i can't do some pole moves.. i need to be able to do splits.
  • justleeanne
    Options
    Great!! :)

Welcome aboard!!

Kat you could post an picture of you doing some funky pole move for us at the end! :D
  • coinlover1
    Options
    I love the idea of having a place we can see the moves. Some of them I felt I was doing wrong. I never realized how poorly flexible I am.
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    Hey everyone just wanted to share a link that has some good stretches with pictures too that should help with working our way towards being flexible and split successes.

http://fitsu.gr/3551904

Hope this helps.
  • timidury
    timidury Posts: 23
    Options
    I'll join! I have NO flexibility whatsoever and have always wanted to have at least a little :)
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I like this. I'm going to join you guys. At the very least, it'll get me into the habit of stretching daily, right?
  • justleeanne
    Options
    I think all this stretching will be great for us! It must help with our workouts/running/swimming/cycling etc!

I have to say I have been doing more stretches than are on the original website, it is hardly any effort at all stretching, more painful than anything.... but I'm enjoying it so far!! :)

On Saturday it will be 6 weeks until 20th August Big Split Saturday which is our goal date so we still have lots of time for other people to join! :)
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I think some of the descriptions on the site are a little confusing. Pictures would have been great.

ALSO. I'm going to try to take a picture of me attempting it the first time and then a picture of the big day. (and maybe a few along the way.)