Options
2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    my biggest obstacle currently is 'tolerance' dealing with people that are so very different than I am....rude people, unkind people.

Regarding foods.......hm, if I let my sugars get to low, my brain reacts by needing a quck fix of carb, NOW.....but that's not really the same as looking to binge...it's me getting to spacy to remember I have a carb/protein item in my gym bag.

It's alll a learning process...finding out how much I need after a workout since I"ve intensified them....
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So, what is the trick to kicking the sweet tooth?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    To date, I have not had anything present me with anything really challenging, except I"m at a point now where I'd like to increase my TIME spent exercising, and it's really hard for two reasons:

1. I feel it shouldn't impede on other areas of my life, and

2. Most of my attempts to push in an extra 15-30 minutes is met with resistance. This happens mainly when I am weight training - I warm up for 10-15 on the treadmill, do my weight routine, and then try to finish with 10-20 mins of cardio and I cannot do it. I"m maxed out.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Getting my bf to join me so we could do this together and keep both of us healthy.

Also getting over my extreme feelings of guilt when I miss a workout or eat junk food.
  • angelica1983
    Options
    Taking control of my sweet tooth! Lol! Hardest thing ever.

Over it now though, almost. =]

This is totally me...but I am not quite over it yet. I did horrible last night!!!:frown:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    So, what is the trick to kicking the sweet tooth?

take a break from eating it for awhile..... lol Then eat it as a treat from time to time but only after you've gone a bit of time without, if you eat it to soon your body will still be craving it...not making it your focal point takes the power out of it!

Just eat healthy foods, fruits, things such as this will be your new 'sweet enjoyable foods'.....candy/sweets/desserts have so much less excitement when you see how well your body does without them.

Once you start to see your skin changing, your hair get healthier, your nails etc.... you'll begin realizing it's so much more worth it to do clean eating than junk foods.

Perhaps focus on what NOT eating them gives you....healthier body, weight loss, more control in your life..things along that line....instead of say thinking on what you get if you had them to eat in front of you.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have to say it... My biggest obstacle is my husband! Once I get started, I'm very motivated, and don't mind the exercise or the healthier foods. But....

He says he needs to lose weight too... then comes home and walks in with a bag from Hardee's. Mind you, I love Hardee's thickburgers. He used to bring me one, but now knows better. But the smell still gets to me, and I find myself tearing through the cupboards and fridge to find something that will satisfy the craving that hits me. It's not just the Hardee's though. It's everything. Last night, he deep fried mozzarella sticks and cheese nuggets. And then had warm chocolate chip cookies and ice cream with chocolate sauce.

I know now that this is a weakness, so I've asked him not to eat next to me. It works better if he eats in another room, but most of the time, I have to be the one to leave the room. Is this fair?
    -Robin

I think it's all a part of the challenge ....outside of your home you'll see folks eating all sorts of unhealthy things.... we're challenged every day....we become stronger and make healthier choices as we continue on our journeys....our life long journeys...

If he knows he being inconsiderate and doing it anyway..well, that's a big time bummer ...if he's unaware of how hard it is because he's not changing his patterns you are....then I think that's a bit different.

If I need to leave a place to stay in a better place regarding staying healthier, then it's what I need to do for myself. I no longer blame others that make their own choices.... it's a very freeing feeling!

I really don't think he understands how hard it is. He's great in so many ways, and then so clueless in so many others... Just like all of us in our own ways, I guess.... And he says he needs to lose weight, but then slips into the easy excuses and patterns that we've had for the last few years. I just keep hoping that one of these days we'll "do it together"....